PDA

View Full Version : my kungfu fantasy

Crouching Tiger
08-26-2000, 07:53 AM
Im sitting in a high class resterant with my best girl, and some tough guys start making trouble, so I tell them to go, if they don't want to get hurt. One guy comes at me and I step forward and hit him with my taichi palm, and he goes flying back into the fish tank. Then in different ways I use old school kungrfu to dispatch the rest of the jerks, and my girlfreind nver knows that I am a secret master!

I got into a few good scraps when I was young, but my fantasy has never come true yet - have any of you guys had this dream come true for you?

8stepsifu
08-26-2000, 08:52 AM
My fantasy involves a slip and slide (Crocidile Mile) covered with scented massage oil, the Swedish bikini team....oh wait! thats somthing else...

But seriously do any of you guys ever dream about kung fu? I've been in wars (after watching Jet Li movies) and pulled off some wicked throws and even figured a few things out while dreaming.

SifuAbel
08-26-2000, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 8stepsifu:
...even figured a few things out while dreaming.[/quote]

That is the freakiest thing. I learned a front tuck that way. I don't like fighting dreams . I, all to easily, produce a weapon and its very bloody. But enough about my tormented mind. Usually the fighting dreams tend to be you resolving conflicts and problems. If you tend to win it means you will find the resolve to over come obstacles. Jung said that all elements in dreams are reflections of you own self image and desire.

Fu Dude
09-07-2000, 01:02 PM
these guys over at www.thekwoon.com (http://www.thekwoon.com) are living my dream. The are making old school kung fu movies. You can see them for free. check it you

Dragle
09-07-2000, 09:25 PM
When I was learning, or preparing to learn, the 3-sectional staff I would watch a video I made of my teacher going through a pattern. I would fantasize about it, day and night dreaming about the pattern. I would imagine just being as "flowy" as the teacher and was a bit afraid to ever pick it up for a while for fear of getting struck in the head. Well, when I did get around to trying the patterns myself I started slow and did hit myself in the head a few times, but once I put myself back in the dream I did the pattern with confidence and in one session was doing figure-8 like patterns one and two handed. So, visualization CAN be as much as a part of training as actual physical practice... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I also have another fantasy about going to China and finding some young ladies to....well...once again, another story there....hehe