PDA

View Full Version : On the note of personal preference...

Meat Shake
12-26-2003, 08:55 AM
What is your favorite joint lock to use?
Which one do you feel is most effective/inescapable/easily applied?
How do you go about applying this lock?

Meat Shake
12-26-2003, 09:35 AM
You guys suck.
:mad:

Anyways.... my favorite has got to be... dont know what its called.
You are on your back, well say that your left arm is under their throat, and your right arm has overhooked their left.
is that a guillotine?
I have found it pretty easy to apply when we roll.. just kinda lends itself to opprotunity...

fa_jing
12-26-2003, 10:28 AM
did he just say roll a joint? I'm all for it.

Meat Shake
12-26-2003, 10:45 AM
Ill do that in a little bit. Joint locking now.
I dont mean baby sitting the doober.

Oso
12-26-2003, 01:46 PM
da wrist. any of the wristlocks...press, rev press, center

backbreaker
12-26-2003, 01:49 PM
Locks that use both small twisting movements , along with large circlular movements, using contacting and expanding.

Oso
12-26-2003, 01:52 PM
BB, I'm not familiar with that one...can you elaborate?

backbreaker
12-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Not really a specific technique. A small twist I think will hurt the joints and a big arc may just put the joint past the breaking point. Be careful not to **** someone up with qinna. Basically I think, get the guy in a bad hold , then make more circles to break him more , using leverage like getting the bigger part of a wishbone using your center. Maybe also use two opposing directions . An easy one might be get your opponents right hand with your right hand and his elbow of the same arm with your other hand. Twist and squeeze his hand and elbow close together( this one uses squeezing along with twisting ) also use a large circle to throw his body vertically downwards.( this could also be a downwards vertical motion along with stomping) When you throw him down you might then have an opportunity to crank him more. I would also add small twisting movements applied to their joints to add a little more. I would change directions quikly like a whip producing a shock , or secure their body and crank them using opposing forces

backbreaker
12-26-2003, 02:22 PM
I might grab their fingers and twist them upwards , then catch their elbow as it comes up and lift it up more. Then you can add power in any direction you choose. ( forward,backward,left,right) If you opponent is trying to uproot you or lift you up, I think borrow his force with relaxed stepping and counter with a sweep. Also putting your structure down on your opponent I think is good to limit his mobility, the point of the elbow is a common point of contact to use to put your structure down on your opponent. I might also use a short upper cut to the chin to put their head up while using tornado sweeps and then use a punch sort of like a right cross with two "cannon" forearms to the ribs . This thread could actually get interesting if more people respond who are more advanced in joint seizing.

yenhoi
12-26-2003, 02:27 PM
elbow locks, specifically the two handed russian twist.

:eek:

Vash
12-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Any type of wrist or elbown lock.

:eek:

Kristoffer
12-27-2003, 03:09 PM
russian twist?

Pork Chop
12-29-2003, 08:52 AM
I personally like anything with the ankle: achilles, key lock, heel hook, etc.

truewrestler
12-29-2003, 09:59 AM
http://www.ribjj.com/Features/Rickson/rf20.jpg

truewrestler
12-29-2003, 06:17 PM
ttt