PDA

View Full Version : Southern mantis in NYC

travelsbyknight
12-27-2003, 11:41 AM
CAn someone leave me a link to NOrmin Chin's school and a link to Milton Chin's school website?

Are people allowed to go down and watch a class or demonstration? Am I allowed to just walk in or do I have to make reservations first? Am I allowed to participate?

Jook Lum
12-31-2003, 08:14 PM
Hello,

Here is the address for Milton`s site -
http://members.tripod.com/~miltonchin/

You can e-mail them at the bottom of the page and/or go through the red door and check out the site. Hope this helps, I will also try to find an address for Norman.

Good Luck,
JL

Falcor
01-06-2004, 12:14 PM
There is a southern mantis school/class at the Chinatown YMCA. Give them a call to get the schedule.

LionDancer
01-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Norman teaches at the Y.

jo
01-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Caveat Emptor.

Norman does not touch hands with his students.

yuanfen
01-12-2004, 08:25 PM
jo sez:

Norman does not touch hands with his students.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If so- does anyone know why?

Tit Sa
01-13-2004, 03:16 AM
His hands are so deadly, any non-advance student will die 3 days later from his touch.

travelsbyknight
01-14-2004, 11:47 AM
That's funny, tit sa.

Why would a Sifu touch hands with his or her students? That's the job of the SEnior students. The Sifu touches hands with the Seniors and the Seniors touch hands with Juniors.

Juniors have to earn the right to touh hands with the Sifu. That's how it's done in the old school.

But we all might have to define what we mean by "touching hands" since the term is so general. I was talking about full out fighting and chi sao. If you mean touch hands in a way to show a student how to do something, then yeah, that's ok.

jo
01-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Go to the YMCA on Hester Street and see for yourself.

travelsbyknight
01-14-2004, 11:01 PM
When are classes held at the ymca? Days? Times? Do I call or justshow up? Do I have to pay to get into the ymca?