PDA

View Full Version : Big chick vs. skinny guy (vid)

IronFist
12-27-2003, 02:00 PM
I was gonna call this post "Why size matters in a fight" but I decided this would be funnier.

Here you go. (http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1)

CaptinPickAxe
12-27-2003, 02:10 PM
seen it...

You shoulda called it "Big Momma gives Cracky Al a Beatdown"

Its especially funny when the cop drives by and the cameraman laughs.

Kristoffer
12-27-2003, 02:15 PM
Poor guy, he'll grow up to be a woman hater :D He gonna go play in that 'other' field.

Royal Dragon
12-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Are you sure the skinny one was a guy?

Look around the 35 second mark, the skinny guy goes into classic "****** Boxing" fighting stance. You see it alot on Chicago's West side. A very prominant home grown fighting style that evloved on the streets here.

I used to know a guy who lived in Cicero, and he learned it from his neighbor. It does not have much in the way of traceable lineage, but it's spread quite prolifcaly in Chicago's Black neighborhoods.

Chang Style Novice
12-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Somebody who knows how to do framegrabs from streaming video should make an "Owned" picture from that.

SevenStar
12-27-2003, 03:54 PM
I'd like to see her in Pride.

old jong
12-27-2003, 04:55 PM
She has great body unity and transfers her butt's weight in every moves she makes. She seems to strike harder than Royce Gracie was ever able to do.
I agree about "Pride"

cerebus
12-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Well she's definitely got some serious mass to accelerate (force= mass X acceleration), now if she were to just find a good Hsing-I instructor she could be on her way to becoming the female version of Wang Shu Jin. And she already has a better no holds barred record than most people on this board AND the film to prove it! :D

IronFist
12-27-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
Are you sure the skinny one was a guy?

No. The place where I found the link said it was a guy tho.

Look around the 35 second mark, the skinny guy goes into classic "****** Boxing" fighting stance. You see it alot on Chicago's West side. A very prominant home grown fighting style that evloved on the streets here.

Hmm I've never heard of that before. And at 35 seconds he's getting up off the ground. His hands are by his side. What kind of stance is that?

I used to know a guy who lived in Cicero, and he learned it from his neighbor. It does not have much in the way of traceable lineage, but it's spread quite prolifcaly in Chicago's Black neighborhoods.

Is it any good?

Royal Dragon
12-27-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm not really sure, I've never fought anyone who knew it. When I fought my freind, he used his Uncles Kung Fu, as he knew it better.

I think the basic concept is to keep the head back wile striking in jab punch combo's reminiscent of English boxing. Stances seem to variy depending on the fighter from common boxing, to wide almost sideways horse stances. They have the ability to duck thier heads back and down, wile hitting forward with the lead hand, thus countering attacks with evasions, and simutanious counter punching, then retreating. Footwork is simple advance, retreate backwards and circle to the side. Stepping is full steps, and little scuffeling.

It's a really weird boxing style, sort of a mix of English boxing, western boxing, street fighting. It seems to have a "Stick and move" sort of philosiphy followed by a barrage of chain punches as soon as the opponent is over come, that either finnishes with striking on the ground from a standing position just like our Fat woman, or retreating again to safety before starting the next exchange.

Exchanges are fast, furious, and short. They are good at retreating when over powered, and will often back pedal to safety, and start a new exchange when in trouble.

[EDIT] Sorry, I meant 1:33 to 1:37 Look at the stance and foot work the skinny guy takes, head back, and the lead Jab, that's a signiture of the style. It avaides, wile it "Stiks, and moves" never engages more than a few moments unless the opponent is over powered.

LEGEND
12-27-2003, 07:46 PM
"classic "****** Boxing" fighting stance"

LOL. This is quite classic back in the high school days! Basically u had guys who ended up putting up a stance hoping really to initimidate the other guy from fighting you. What usually happens is the first person to get hit usually goes for the TACKLE. WHY??? Cause they really have no formal boxing training...so they are not use to getting hit. Most want to throw the jab and move ala ALI or ROY JONEs. U don't even see a right cross being thrown. I saw some 18 to 21 year old play "****** boxing" at a house party. It's just wannabe boxing with no FORMAL TRAINING.

Royal Dragon
12-27-2003, 08:01 PM
No, there is sort of a formality to it. It's just nothing really sophistcated. You could defete it by weathiing the blows, which to me would not be all that strong given the body position, and just hug them to death.

cerebus
12-27-2003, 08:23 PM
"and just hug them to death." What, no kisses? :p :p :p The guy in the clip wasn't using anything but good ol fashioned stupidity ("well, everytime I throw a punch I miss & get my azz kicked even more. Maybe if I keep doing exactly the same thing something different will happen."). :D :D

IronFist
12-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
You could defete it by weathiing the blows

I'm sorry, "weathiing?"

cerebus
12-27-2003, 09:14 PM
I'm guessing he means "weathering".

IronFist
12-27-2003, 09:43 PM
That explains why I didn't understand it. What is "weathering blows?"

cerebus
12-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Just letting them hit you 'til the opponent gets tired I believe.

Royal Dragon
12-27-2003, 10:16 PM
Yes, wheathering means absorbing some punishment.

Don't expect to see it in the UFC anytime soon.

LEGEND
12-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Yup...UFC fighters striking is much more accurate with it's various boxing and muy thai strikers competing. You don't want to weather anything against skilled strikers in the ring.

jun_erh
12-28-2003, 01:47 PM
I like when the cop car just drives by and immediately after when she's pulling him arund the street.