PDA

View Full Version : ATTN lyricists

chen zhen
12-28-2003, 02:20 PM
I'd like to make the lyrics to a made-up rap song, with anyone of the people who usually make verses on the battle thread. anyone who wanna be with me on this idea, let me know. basically we all drop a verse and then put it all together so it flows nicely. maybe with a hook too.

we just need to find out what the subject has to be. its just an idea i just got, it would be fun to see how it turns out. then maybe some of you people who actually makes songs could use it for something.

but as i said, let me know. gimme an idea for the subject as well.

-cz

Kristoffer
12-28-2003, 03:12 PM
sounds interesting

chen zhen
12-28-2003, 03:23 PM
i also thought that maybe we could use some of the beats the Captin or the other ppl who produce on ORA, and then get the people who can actually rap here to record their vocals using the actual lyrics, and then mix it with the track(s). it could be an interesting project to make.

right now ill just try & stand in the middle and see what people says about it, and then try and organize how we do this. just drop your opinions here.

Kristoffer
12-28-2003, 03:35 PM
cool, I'm down

CaptinPickAxe
12-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Sounds interesting...

I'll definitly drop ya'll a beat, but I'm not sure which one ya'll would want...I have sooooo many. Give me the general feeling you want to capture in the song and I'll see what I can do.

chen zhen
12-29-2003, 06:57 AM
I could also advertise yall people's music on the rap forums im a member of, i could put the soundclick links in my sig or something. ill try & hook yall up.

like on the DPG forums, there is a lotta rap producers who post there, Fredwreck for example. i could drop some of them some pm's with the music, they are always interested in hearing new stuff like that.

btw ill have to find Starchaser's music page on soundclick, what was it again...?:o

CaptinPickAxe
12-29-2003, 12:45 PM
do it...

That'd be tight. I've always had people ask if they could promote but never do anything. I think you would make a difference, chen. BTW, did you download the song. I can't leave it on there much longer.

chen zhen
12-29-2003, 05:23 PM
i did hear it. tight. if u had more instruments and better recording equipment, it would be the sh!t.

CaptinPickAxe
12-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Man, I'm making do with what I got. All of it is bottom of the line equipment. I'm still working on the song,but I still have to chop up parts from 3 more songs.

Someday I'll have an MPC4000, Korg Triton, and a studio grade computer, but untill then, I have to make music on the same p.o.s.
programs. I have to find loop holes just to make my beats sound half of the quality they truely are. What I need is a sugar mama, or some record company thats willing to leave me in a studio for a couple of months. I know I have at least 3 albums in my head, but with the equipment I have, I'm lucky if I can translate even 5 seconds of a thought into music...

I guess I'll just have to wait untill after college.

chen zhen
12-30-2003, 04:13 AM
hope u get a deal someday, so u can do what u want with the music:).

Kristoffer
12-30-2003, 04:59 AM
yea definatly