PDA

View Full Version : Workout log 12-28

fa_jing
12-28-2003, 08:48 PM
I get together with a group here on Sundays, for Kettlebell training.

Here was my workout: 6'1", 190 lbs

Warmup:
1 x 15 two-handed swing with 24kg

2 x 5/5 snatches with 24kg

LC = long-cycle SC = short cycle

Work:
1 x 5 LC clean & jerk with 2 x 32 kg
1 x 1 c & j + OH squat with 2 x 32 kg - ass to heels, had a moment of doubt a few inches from the bottom on the way back up....pushed through it under control. Great feeling of accomplishment.
2 x 1/1 32kg clean and press - tried for a 2nd rep on left (weak) side on the first set, but failed to press it...
1 x 1/1 Bent Press with 32 kg
1 x 2/2 LC c & j w/40 kg, one armed.
1 x 10/10 snatches with 24 kg
rest (long)
1 x 20 SC jerks with 2 x 24 kg - surprised that I could hit it in spite of my fatigue...good practice with resting in the rack to gut out the last reps...
rest (long)
walked over to the weight room...
1 x 5 HLR feet to bar
Bench press - I haven't BP'd in years...
135 lbs. x 12
185 lbs. x 3
225 lbs. x 2
135 lbs. + pause x 8
1 x 5 HLR, 2 feet to bar and 3 feet to horizontal

If I were fresh, I'm sure I could have met or exceeded my old BP PR of 4 x 225 lbs....Thank you Kettlebells. That was 7-8 years ago.

Walked back to KBs
1 x 2/2 LC c & j w/40 kg, one armed, plus few seconds of OH hold.

My guess is that I'll be hurting tomorrow...

It's good to workout with a group, I'm finding.

Ford Prefect
12-30-2003, 07:24 AM
I got a nice cold/flu for Christmas, so I haven't been in the gym since the 23rd. I went back today for a very light workout because I feel like I'm at about 85% now.

5:00 warm-up on x-country elliptical

Superset x2 w/empty bar:
-Snatch Stance Bar Stretch x 30 sec
-Snatch Rotations x 6
-Snatch-grip Military Press x 6
-Overhead Squat x 6

Superset w/95 lbs:
-Snatch-grip hanging high pulls x 6
-Clean-grip hanging high pulls x 6
-Squat-Press x 6
-Goodmorning x 6
-Bent-over Rows x 6

Hang Power-snatch 95x5; 95x5
Hang Snatch 95x5

Hang Power Clean & Jerk 135x5; 135x5
Hang Clean and Jerk 135x3

X-Country Elliptical 10:00 (all I could take before I started feeling like puking & I was going very slow too)

Right now, I'm feeling decent enough. I think I'm going to skip the session I had planned for tomorrow and just go back on Friday. Hopefully I can start ripping again next Monday.

fa_jing
12-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Nice workout, FP - love the oly-style moves. Is a Squat-press a squat followed by a push-press?

I'd also like to say - my pecs are so freaking sore....even though I did way more work with relation to other muscles....haven't benched in so long....

The cool thing is, I can BP once or twice a week from now on, totally unstuctured workouts, and still expect to make big BP gains for 4-6 months. Because it's like being a noob. That's fun.

Ford Prefect
12-30-2003, 12:38 PM
That's basically a squat press. You do a back squat and just start pressing it while you are on your way back up. I hear ya with the soreness. My shoulders felt like they'd fall off for two weeks while I was getting used to this.

Cheese Dog
12-30-2003, 09:52 PM
You can do the squat-press racking the bar like you're doing a front squat with the bar in the clean position also. Great exercise either way.

Ford Prefect
12-31-2003, 11:09 AM
Yeah, when I'm doing this it's usually because I'm doing a clean and jerk. I do like the power clean-front squat-push press-good morning-back squat-press complex though. It's a real puker.

BTW, I didn't skip today. I did the same routine as before with 2 sets of 15 pull-ups and dips after. As well as 3 supersets of:

Standing Ab Wheel x 8
Russian Twist x 8
Side Bends x 8
Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches x 8
Dragon Flags x 8

I didn't do any cardio because I didn't want to kill my system too much. I'm feeling good though. Kicked that flu pretty quick. the guy that gave it to me is still sick as hell too.