PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Tai Chi video on tigerclaw.com?

themeecer
12-29-2003, 01:02 PM
I have a friend who is moving several states away and I had planned on signing her up in an internal program at a school in that area and paying for a couple of months for a gift. They insist on contracts so that is a no go for me now. I was looking for a good Tai Chi video set on tigerclaw.com, just to whet her tastes and prompt her to signing up for classes. I also have to remember that she hasn't had any training so I need something with good basics and teaches at least one full form. I am leaning towards the Practical Tai Chi by Dr. Daniel Weng video. Anyone have any experience with it? She has studied Aikido for a while and didn't want any external .. .so I assumed Tai Chi would be the easiest and most appealing to her.

WanderingMonk
12-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by themeecer
I have a friend who is moving several states away and I had planned on signing her up in an internal program at a school in that area and paying for a couple of months for a gift. They insist on contracts so that is a no go for me now. I was looking for a good Tai Chi video set on tigerclaw.com, just to whet her tastes and prompt her to signing up for classes. I also have to remember that she hasn't had any training so I need something with good basics and teaches at least one full form. I am leaning towards the Practical Tai Chi by Dr. Daniel Weng video. Anyone have any experience with it? She has studied Aikido for a while and didn't want any external .. .so I assumed Tai Chi would be the easiest and most appealing to her.

why are you asking about Tigerclaw.com product on a forum supported by martialartsmart.com? I strongly suggest you check out the selections at martialartsmart.com, since they help to pay the bill for this forum.

Never seen Dr. Weng's vid, although I heard he is a good teacher and was considering looking into his sc videos.

wm

themeecer
12-29-2003, 01:30 PM
Tigerclaw.com = martialartsmart.com's wholesale site. :)

norther practitioner
12-29-2003, 01:31 PM
yeah, what meecer said..

What style of taiji?

themeecer
12-29-2003, 01:32 PM
No idea .. I only know Yang ... but I don't care what type it is.

norther practitioner
12-29-2003, 01:34 PM
If you go Yang.. 24 step is a good place to start.. I haven't seen the one on mamart but I'm sure Gene can expand.

themeecer
12-29-2003, 01:40 PM
I've heard that. I know the 64 form. Don't get me wrong .. I don't think she can actually learn Tai Chi from a video. I just think it will give her a start.