PDA

View Full Version : anyone who likes to read

Brad Souders
12-30-2003, 08:29 AM
I'm thinking of doing some freelance writing for Inside Kung FU and maybe Black Belt for fun while i'm training.

Since you guys are the readers what do you guys want me to write my first article on. Anything i'll write i'll promise to do mad research on and hopefully give good picture examples also.

So i'll let it up to you guys to see what we can learn from each other.

Later, Brad

MasterKiller
12-30-2003, 08:51 AM
I'd like to see some articles on the Northern mother styles like Cha, Hua, Wah, etc...

apoweyn
12-30-2003, 08:52 AM
Advice on footwork for both avoiding and getting the shoot.

MasterKiller
12-30-2003, 08:57 AM
Yeah, kung fu ground applications and history of Chinese ground fighting stuff.

Brad Souders
12-30-2003, 09:02 AM
Since i have a mini article wrote so far i was thinking of doing the footwork one in a two part series.

Masterkiller i'll take a few months and see what i can dig up. I'm more of an mma guy and really not familiar with chinese grappling but i can look into it.

Later, Brad

Brad Souders
12-30-2003, 09:08 AM
i hope with the footwork one to have pictures of how to do it freestyling and also what pad drills we also use to do this.

Ray Pina
12-30-2003, 09:20 AM
Brad, come visit my teacher's school in NY. I promise you that you will be 100% convinced that we can take care of the shoot and the ground game. Easy applications! Very simple movements. Impossible to explain here on the web but come with a pad and a camera. I can put you up.

You'll also get a chance to meet some people that would be great sources for armed and unarmed combat.

Either way, good luck.

Ray

Brad Souders
12-30-2003, 09:41 AM
EF i don't get my vacation til May at my job. But my girlfriend does want to take a trip to NY this year and i would like to also. So maybe i'll make a weekend out of it. I'll put up the article i write and later on this year do a follow up article on how a different school looks at this. Thanxs for the offer and i'll for sure be checking you out in this year.

Anything you guys can add to this article would be appreciated as well and i'll e-mail you a look at it when it's done.

anyone who wants to talk ma can also message me on aol at fullofbsx2 or e-mail me at dead_warrior2000@yahoo.com

apoweyn
12-30-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Brad Souders
i hope with the footwork one to have pictures of how to do it freestyling and also what pad drills we also use to do this.

That would be excellent, Brad.

GeneChing
12-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Write what you know about - don't ask others what they want. What if they ask you to write about what you don't know about? That's just silly. Oh, wait a minute, you're talking about IKF and BB, nevermind, write about what you don't know about. That would be better there. ;)

For your reference (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/about/guidelines.php)

Brad Souders
12-30-2003, 10:55 AM
lol well i'm pretty smart enough even though i went to a community college to only write on subjects i know about. I was giving the readers a chance to say some of the things they want to hear more about. But in my hopes whenever i do write articles it's very imformative and lets the reader see how i train it. If one person out of 4 billion read it and learn on little trick i'm happier then if i ran 50 mcdojos making 6 million a year. I may not bow everytime i step on the mat and i may not do everything proper in life but i promise when it comes to helping people out i'll give 110%.

Later, Brad

No_Know
12-31-2003, 12:34 AM
Brad Souders, I would like to see articles on Squirrel in Kung-Fu (established). Leopard/Monkey (combined) Kung-Fu: a history and techniques. Rattan hoops/T'ai Chi Ch'aun rings fighting techniques. Rattan hoops/T'ai Chi Ch'aun rings training (non-Wing Chun/Ving Tsun.

I might doubt that you know these yourself. After reading the guidelines for article submission I might care to submit some articles.

Be, well? Be.

cerebus
12-31-2003, 02:17 AM
An interview & front page cover story on...ME!:D :D :D

Bluesman
12-31-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
I'd like to see some articles on the Northern mother styles like Cha, Hua, Wah, etc...

Or any other styles that ryhmes with "ah" ?

GeneChing
12-31-2003, 11:12 AM
Maybe you can write about what you should write. That would be funny in a recursive way.

Seriously, what we are looking for nowadays are good technical articles, mini-lessons if you will, pieces that provide our readers with some tidbit that they can take and incorporate into their own practice, whether they be beginner or advanced. But wait, you weren't planning to submit to us, so nevermind. Why don't you ask for ideas on BB's or IKF's forums? Wouldn't that be a more logical approach?

MasterKiller
12-31-2003, 11:15 AM
IKF has a forum?

norther practitioner
12-31-2003, 11:42 AM
you can find it here:
www.wewrite crappyarticles.com

MasterKiller
12-31-2003, 11:59 AM
Technically, they don't write the crappy articles. They just choose to publish them.

norther practitioner
12-31-2003, 12:04 PM
true, you got me there...:D

Brad Souders
12-31-2003, 01:00 PM
LOL..............

I did not know this was an actual magazine as well. Incase you've missed my last 300+ posts i don't follow chinese martial arts that closely. I was just going to write stuff from an mma type view as well as get feedback from the other arts as well. Sorry if i made you a little mad. My life has been devoted to helping others learn as well as advanced myself. If anyone asks me a tech question on how i do something i never ignore their question but i try my hardest to help them. As when they give advice i pay close detail to what they are saying. But i guess in the end your right why ask people what they would like to see my perspective on, when i could write stuff on what i think everyone wants to know.

So nevermind everyone i'm going to write articles on how to grow flowers so we can all gain knowledge.

Brad Souders

Vash
12-31-2003, 01:04 PM
Flowers Rock!

Brad Souders
01-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Thanxs for the feedback sc those are some really good ideas. BTW i'm starting the anti-grappling article tonight picture wise.

Later, Brad