PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrow height staff

norther practitioner
12-31-2003, 09:05 AM
Do you guys have one of those with the metal tips?

norther practitioner
12-31-2003, 09:58 AM
Never mind.. found it.. but quick question... Whats the expected length of time it should take to get something UPS ground?

GeneChing
12-31-2003, 10:50 AM
Depends where you are - UPS usually delivers from CA to CO in 2-3 days, but that's not guaranteed. It can take a week or two. Do you need it fast? If so, you should opt for express shipping. Otherwise, we can't guarantee ground delivery times.

norther practitioner
12-31-2003, 11:25 AM
Need the stuff for a tournie in 2 weeks (just the shoes)... should be ok I guess... would like to see Hero before then though...:D

When I talked to Margie the other day she said the last issue was sold out already... There wouldn't happen to be a copy I could get from somewhere else would there.. I wanted to send that issue to my parents.

MasterKiller
12-31-2003, 11:40 AM
NP,
You mean the Taiji Legacy one? I have extra copies if you can't find it.

norther practitioner
12-31-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah.. i have two more places to check out first, but you might be getting a pm soon..

danx

np

norther practitioner
12-31-2003, 02:22 PM
So one other quick question..

The metal tines and the fabric are starting to seperate on my fan... any ideas as to what type of adhesive to use to fix it?

GeneChing
01-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Jan Feb 2004 (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=436) is sold out at our online store, but it is still on the newsstand and will be there until the beginning of February, if you can find it there. We always order almost a thousand extra issues for our warehouse so we can sell back issues - once those are gone, we do not do reprints. This is the first time that I can remember us selling out of an issue before in came off the newsstand (it happened with our Shaolin Special 2000 (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=152) but that was in part due to a problem with our printer which left us a little short - we have a different printer now). Anyway, try your local bookstores.

As for the fan, I have no idea what they use as an adhesive. It's pretty strong though, something that bonds nylon to chrome steel then takes a lot of abuse. I'd be interested to hear if you find a glue that works.

norther practitioner
01-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Geez, thanks Gene...

I was hoping for a lead (like an email addy) to the comp. that makes them so I could ask...

I don't feel like destroying either mat...

Hmmm, I might have a chart in an old textbook for that.

My guess is that it isn't going to be a "glue" that works.

Your first word.. adhesive, includes glues.. which I'll look into...

GeneChing
01-06-2004, 10:20 AM
... and they would even answer us if we asked such a question. Beleive me, I add input on weapon development, and it's always a trial to get stuff just right, much less get to the 'how to's of how it's done. Such is the nature of Chinese companies. I'm afraid you're on your own.

norther practitioner
01-06-2004, 11:25 AM
sweet:rolleyes:

I'll give it a wirl

norther practitioner
01-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Got the stuff last night, got here the same day as a shipment of other stuff from a competitor that I ordered from at the same time.. which I payed an extra 7 bucks for shipping for 2nd day air... errrrrrrr that was frustrating.

norther practitioner
01-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Hey, another thing about the fan...

Can you guys rally the makers to use better rivots.. broke mine this weekend while warming up right before the open weapons division at the comp...

:mad:

GeneChing
01-20-2004, 11:13 AM
You're the first to complain about that. Maybe you just have too much qi :p I'll look into it.

norther practitioner
01-21-2004, 10:28 AM
I use it a lot (or used it)....
have had it over a year so its been beaten around a few thousand times.

norther practitioner
01-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Oh, and yes, the rivet that holds the tines together...

:D