PDA

View Full Version : Shen Gong

Chin Chung Cao
01-01-2004, 03:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has had any experiance with this type of training and could explain to me the reason you would subject yourself to it. http://www.gapsn.org/project2/press/The%20Taipei%20Times%20Online%202001-03-17.htm
I've saw this fellow in a few of the magazine's and must confess, I don't understand the reasoning behind this type of training. I doubt that you would use it as a weapon, and I cant believe that it's good for your health. The sixth stage sound's like a real treat!
Anyone think that this is a good thing? Maybe there is a good reason for this but I'm not at a point in my training where I can see it.

Chuck Man Chuck
01-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Mantak Chia in his book "Seminal Kung Fu" has a lot of the basis for this so called Shen Kung. Personally the Shen Kung in the online article sounds like a big masturbation trip to me. The Seminal Kung Fu will definitely improve sexual endurance though, while not depleting ones energy through ejaculation. There is also a version for women, it uses those marble eggs that have been so popular; Chia's wife has a complementary book to his "Seminal Kung Fu."

Have fun,

qiphlow
01-02-2004, 12:09 PM
what th'.............?????? i suppose ANYTHING can be called qigong now...
i guess it's all good if it works for you, but it seems awfully complicated to me. if you want health benefit, then standing meditation, taijiquan,kung fu, etc. will give you that. if you want sexual prowess, then just have alot of sex! if you want enlightenment, then all you need is body and mind! (it's all in the breath!)
good luck to you.

Chuck Man Chuck
01-02-2004, 01:42 PM
"A lot of sex " according to Chi Kung theory is a problem, it depletes the Chi, especially for older folk. So, according to theory one can have heightened energy and "a lot of sex" if they engage in "seminal Kung Fu." Heightened energy or Chi then being available to build more Jing (Ching -WG) or Jin (Chin -WG) i.e., internal strength.

Chin Chung Cao
01-02-2004, 05:29 PM
As one of the "Older Folk" I can tell you that I've reached a point in my life where the two hr.'s of begging and pleading just are not worth the two min. of pleasure, hehehe. I'd rather read a book. I think that most young people (not all) have a hard time accepting the concept of chi. My teacher has said that until he reached 45 years old he didn't really take chi-gung training seriously, even though his Sifu made him do it everyday. It has to do with maturity, the kind that come's with middle age and you suddenly realize that your not a kid anymore. The thing's you alway's took for granted, such as strength, speed, endurance, the ability to heal quickly, etc., begin to fail you. At this point you become more receptive to the concept of "chi". Personally, I believe that it will improve your health and martial art. I don't think that it will make you invulnerable or invincible. Most young people are to caught up in the physical side of the arts, look at the age most people quit competing in the K-1, Muay Thai, NHB, etc. Till you hit that stage in your training you wont buy into the concept of inner energy. Of course I'm talking in general term's, there are exception's to every rule.

spiralstair
01-03-2004, 04:31 AM
Shen Kung is just about the only way you can lift weights without using your muscles. The weight in Shen Kung pulls down on your organs and your organs pull back in response. When the weight is removed the 'drawing in' effect continues for awhile, causing the 'sexual' chi to be pulled up into higher regions of the lower torso. This can be beneficial if you are schooled in what to do with 'sexual' chi that runs in that direction, if you're not, you just get to be a hornier, more out-a-control person than before you started. Good genes, a stable personality, a knowlegeable and available teacher, and good luck is required.