PDA

View Full Version : Should Honor in Martial Arts carry over to ring?

truewrestler
01-02-2004, 10:15 AM
:p

Groin Shot? http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/pride/live/200312/31/photo/a05/pict/pict04.jpg

Nope, but....

http://www.epix.net/~mopho/pix/pwned.jpg

http://mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessages.cfm?TID=349998&P=53&FID=1&c=1

David Jamieson
01-02-2004, 11:11 AM
appears the ya cheetos guy was trying to lamo a disqualification to grab the bout.

apparently royce choked out his crotch though.

I hate "fallers", "cryers", "whiners" and general beyotches who try to cheat their way into getting another win on their record.

yaayyyyy royce. Kick him again!!!

lol

cheers

Mr Punch
01-02-2004, 11:44 AM
Well done Kung Lek, all the impartiality we can expect from a mod on the basis of looking at two photos.

Gracie kicked Yoshida square on in the grollies. (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=136516) It's a fact. Whether it was intentional is only for Royce to know. Whether it effected Yoshida's game is only for him to know. But it happened.

Now, to paraphrase Alan on that thread... let's kick you full in the filberts Mr Lek, and see you go yay!

truewrestler
01-02-2004, 11:52 AM
It appears to me that unless Yoshi was wearing boxers there is no way that is a groin kick. I guess it could have brushed the testicles though on the way to the thigh. Maybe it was intentional brush to the testicles... don't know

this was supposed to be a funny thread.... stop trolling :p

Mr Punch
01-02-2004, 12:00 PM
I saw it. It 'brushed' the testicles on the way to his crotch! :eek:

And in case you need more proof, read the thread I posted... that's some funny **** right there!

Now bend over and let me administer a boot to your Little Truewrestler and see how funny he finds it! :eek: :D

David Jamieson
01-02-2004, 12:01 PM
here's some advice for yacheeto boy.

wear a cup! lol

look mat- no one likes a kick to the jimmies, i personally don't think that kick hit his meat and two veg though. I think he went down like a penalty killing hockey player LOL.

i've had my share of rochambeaus, not nice, but i always wear a cup in a controlled spar or fight situation.

seriously though, wear a cup.

cheers

Mr Punch
01-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Haven't found one big enough! You stick with the cup, I need a pitcher!
Getting them pinched between the plastic is sure no fun... :(

Mr Punch
01-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
i personally don't think that kick hit his meat and two veg though. And,
you're ****ing wrong!!!

Everybody who saw the ****ing fight gasped, it was then replayed on a screen the size of an aircraft carrier: Gracie's foot went UP into Yoshida's calumnies as plain as yo momma's face.

What you personally think or don't think has no bearing on the price of meat and two veg.

truewrestler
01-02-2004, 12:12 PM
LOL, i can't wait to see this **** fight

old jong
01-02-2004, 12:14 PM
According to the pic,there is no way Gracie could have reached Yoshida's peanuts!...Unless he wears them pretty low!...:rolleyes:

Vash
01-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Yoshida's a dang pu$$y, can't take a nice kick to the yaboos.
Shoulda been wearing a cup.

WTF are groin shots illegal, anyway? Let 'em go at it, and the first man to pass out loses!

norther practitioner
01-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Um, yeah, there is a chance that hit jimbo and the boys...
The foot had to rebound somewhere, and a picture is static, that however is dynamic, can you tell what the foot path was before or after?

Right, thought so.

Mr Punch
01-02-2004, 12:21 PM
The fight wasn't so hot.

Yoshida was owned like Kung Lek's mom.

If it had have been a decision result, Gracie would have taken it easily.

It looked like he was prolonging it just so he could rearrange Yoshida's face a bit more.

Still, it beat the Akebono out of the Sapp Akebono Sea-life Whale-carcass Extravaganza that was the K1.

Old Jong, even if you look carefully at the pic, regardless of the facts, as somebody pointed out on the thread that Truewrestler linked to... Gracie's leg is going down, see the position of his pants leg... and Yoshida is stepping back... so if you wind it back a second, you have Gracie's foot right in the plum pudding... It's the little known BJJ Black Foot technique.

old jong
01-02-2004, 12:44 PM
The secret black foot BJJ technique?...Is that the one they practice kicking at a nut tree behind closed doors?...;)
Too bad for the ****tail (...) :rolleyes:

Ralphie
01-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey, weren't there proclamations of "a kick to the groin would not stop a fight" here? Or, were those "it may or may not stop a fight" statements? Can those claims still be made, or does this one instance not lend enough evidence to the contrary? BTW, I can't believe that Royce took off his gi...wtf? Also, couldn't the rules give Yoshida a 5 min. break so he could return?
I drove a yellow bus, and took Yoshida to school-Royce (parphrased)

SifuAbel
01-02-2004, 12:56 PM
That was no groin kick. It one of those fakes he keeps throwing to draw the opponent. What a retarded call.

Vash
01-02-2004, 01:06 PM
. . . Royce could choke him out . . . :eek:

Indestructible
01-02-2004, 01:13 PM
That picture doesn't look like a groin shot but, as someone already said, it's just one still out of a video so who knows? All things considered, just because groin shots are supposed to be off limits doesn't mean you should expect not to get kicked in the balls. Block for goodness sake.

Vash
01-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Indeed.

My boys is in trouble, there's gonna be he!! to pay!

truewrestler
01-02-2004, 03:33 PM
ok, maybe he did connect with the junks

http://www.attikai.com/royce-kick.mpeg

truewrestler
01-02-2004, 03:47 PM
ttt

truewrestler
01-02-2004, 03:55 PM
A fight from the Pride Bushido show (sorry for no description originally) :p

http://home.comcast.net/~fightvideos/ralph-VS-mishima.wmv

Mr Punch
01-02-2004, 05:43 PM
What an absolutely excellent fight!

There's one question... I know this is your thread, but what's this doing here!!?? I watched twenty minutes expecting a nutshot...!!!:eek: In the end, I was even expecting Mishima to just spoon him one in the goolies as his hand was going up... :D

BTW, looking at the wee vid of the Gracie/Yosh fight, it looks less sure than originally. But loads more clear than the photo, which is essentially of a completely different moment in time.

truewrestler
01-02-2004, 05:48 PM
yeah, at least we know that most likely there was some sack contact

Vash
01-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Still, shoulda been wearing a cup.

I had a fight one time, received four cup checks. No cup was present. I didn't fall down.

Had to sit down the rest of that night. On the edge of my seat. So's not to hurt my sack anymore.

:eek:

truewrestler
01-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Still, shoulda been wearing a cup. I assume he was

old jong
01-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by old jong
According to the pic,there is no way Gracie could have reached Yoshida's peanuts!...Unless he wears them pretty low!...:rolleyes:

I watched the video and here I am ,standing corrected!....Gracie definitively made some peanut butter!...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Chang Style Novice
01-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Straight up Bobby Hill style!

"That's my purse! I don't know you!"

Indestructible
01-02-2004, 08:59 PM
Yeah, sure looks like he popped him in the vid. Didn't look like a real hard blow but sometimes those little slaps to the nads hurt worse than a full on hit.

rogue
01-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Don't know where it hit but that is one of the worst looking kicks I've ever seen.

old jong
01-02-2004, 09:34 PM
I give him 9.7 for that kick He lost the .3 because his toes were not perfectly pointed!;)

truewrestler
01-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by rogue
Don't know where it hit but that is one of the worst looking kicks I've ever seen. http://jp.a1.yimg.com/7/50/6316/992315740/sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/pict/200312/31/031231_kak_pride_05_01_b.jpg

SifuAbel
01-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Yes, it looks like his thigh kick went a bit to high. His foot was turned inward.

Still, I know 20 people that would absolutley drop anyone else throwing kicks as bad as that.

David Jamieson
01-03-2004, 12:42 AM
oneangle it looks like the niblets were mashed, the other angle he appears to not get the jibblies but instead teh upper inner thigh.

could've brushed the billiejibbnies of course, but, dude should have worn a cup anyway.

btw, nice crack about the "pitcher" LOL, I'll bet you drive a big truck, have a rottweiler and like guns as well don't cha???don't cha! LOL

cheers