PDA

View Full Version : 7*'s mix

Chang Style Novice
01-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Okay, so you want hiphop, punk, field recordings of frogs and/or blackbirds, yodelling and scat singing. That about cover it? I want to get to work on this tomorrow.

anton
01-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Sounds pretty cool.

Chang Style Novice
01-02-2004, 10:03 PM
My ideas for punk:

X - The Hungry Wolf
Iggy and the Stooges - Search and Destroy
Gang of Four - Ether (nothing to do with Nas or Jay-Z)
Minutemen - Political Song for Michael Jackson to Sing/God Bows to Math
Husker Du - New Day Rising (if I can find it, lol)

hiphop:

Lyrics Born - Hott Bizness
Haiku D'Etat - Firecracker
Roots - Thought at Work
Azeem - Simple Ting/Contradictions/Imma (remix)
AceyAlone - Junkman
Goodie Mob and Mystikal - Dirty South remix
Mos Def and Massive Attack - I Against I
J-Live - Satisfied

frogs/blackbirds:

whatever the shortest track is

yodelling:

Jimmy Rodgers' Blue Yodel series, especially "T for Texas, T for Tennessee" (covers us both, am I right?)

scat singing:

I'll need to relisten to my Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald records to decide.

Chang Style Novice
01-02-2004, 10:04 PM
anton - LOL, it should be one of my, um, more diverse mix discs.

Edit - heck, if int'l mail rates to australia are reasonable, and you're willing to mix something up in trade, I got no beef making a second dupe for you.

anton
01-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
anton - LOL, it should be one of my, um, more diverse mix discs.

Edit - heck, if int'l mail rates to australia are reasonable, and you're willing to mix something up in trade, I got no beef making a second dupe for you.

heheh I would if i could.... I don't really have any equipment or software to make a good mix disc. Out of interest, what do you use?

Chang Style Novice
01-02-2004, 10:38 PM
A three year old refurbished HP PC with Adaptec EZCD Creator. Sometimes the free beta-test version of Cooledit if a particular song I want to use is on vinyl.

SevenStar
01-02-2004, 10:41 PM
sounds good. I'll get to work on yours also.

Chang Style Novice
01-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Aight - I'll pm you my snailmail address.

(edit)

or rather, I will when you CLEAN YOUR PM BOX!

SevenStar
01-02-2004, 10:46 PM
crap, is it full again?I have a lot that I save because they are pretty informational. I guess I can just copy and paste them into a text file or something and just delete everything.

Chang Style Novice
01-02-2004, 10:48 PM
you could also try deleting your sent message file - it could be taking up a lot of space.

anton
01-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
A three year old refurbished HP PC with Adaptec EZCD Creator. Sometimes the free beta-test version of Cooledit if a particular song I want to use is on vinyl.

Does that allow you to beatmatch and whatnot?

Chang Style Novice
01-02-2004, 10:55 PM
No, it doesn't, it just stacks songs up one after another. In fact, if you aren't careful you can end up with extremely different dynamic levels in songs (ie some real quiet some real loud) and there's no tool to handle it. Cooledit could do that stuff, although with the beta version it'd be kind of a pain in the rear since only a couple of features can be active at any time. But cooledit doesn't burn discs, it only manipulates WAV files. The good news (for me) is that EZCD Creator deals with WAV files just fine.

Christopher M
01-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Scat singing?

I think I saw that on stileproject once.

anton
01-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Aah fairy muff. Now I don't feel out of my league... I might start working on a mix disc of my own, ofcourse i won't be able to make it until i get myself a burner :o . But I'll let everyone know when i've made it. :D

Chang Style Novice
01-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Chris -

m-w.com ownz joo, ya smartalec!

Main Entry: 4scat
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): scat·ted; scat·ting
Date: 1935
: to improvise nonsense syllables usually to an instrumental accompaniment : sing scat