PDA

View Full Version : AP or MP and also FatherDogg

Brad Souders
01-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Yo daddy macs. Could one of you fine lads put up MP's mma fight and the russian tie to takedown clip.

Before i even see the russian tie video, Merry do you use a "2 on 1" type grip or is it modified to where you get grip their wrist then grip your own wrist.

I'm getting ready for most likely NAGA in March but my takedowns blow. Trying to get with Grove to help me but he is too busy making movies.

Later and Thanks, Brad

PS Fatherdogg- Hate to be an a** but could you see if you could get me an e-mail to see if i can get my BAMA fight. They didn't want us to video tape our fights so they could sell the tape which is cool but of course if you fight in it wouldn't mind having it on video. If i can i'll send a copy to AP so everyone can see me get kicked in the head. Thanxs.

apoweyn
01-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Hey Brad,

I think we can work that, yeah. I'm working on posting a clip from Friday's get together as well. So I'll do both. Gimme about an hour.

Dig?

Stuart

apoweyn
01-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Okay, they're back up. Enjoy.

Stuart

yenhoi
01-05-2004, 08:39 AM
were you even trying to hit him?

:cool:

apoweyn
01-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by yenhoi
were you even trying to hit him?

:cool:

You referring to me and MP boxing?

Et tu brute?!

yenhoi
01-05-2004, 08:44 AM
Well, he sure is trying to hit you...

;)

apoweyn
01-05-2004, 08:53 AM
"Trying"?

He hit me so much that his life flashed before my eyes.

MP insists that we came out about even. Reviewing the tape, I have a hard time believing that.

truewrestler
01-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Just noticed your link to the UG points to Martialartsplanet

apoweyn
01-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by truewrestler
Just noticed your link to the UG points to Martialartsplanet

Oh yeah? Thanks for the heads up.

yenhoi
01-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Its neat to see mp standing up.

You seem to be weighted on your rear leg, rarely moving forward (or anywhere) for very long, and you move directly away from whatever strike he is throwing every single time. You also throw your jab from too far away.

I like it when he keeps hitting you with his cross, then moves in and hits you with a corss hook hook several times.

Good stuff. Did you guys just sparr or did you work anything for anythung? (Did he just beat you up all the time?)

:eek:

apoweyn
01-05-2004, 09:14 AM
That's an accurate analysis, I think.

I wasn't active enough. I'm in abyssmal shape, and the first thing to go was my footwork when I ran out of gas.

And yeah, I'm throwing jabs from too far away. That part was a conscious decision. Trying to train myself to throw jabs all the time rather than just in response to something. So while they were a waste of energy right there, once they're more habitual, I'll wait until I'm closer.

Tell you what though: Rather than hijack Brad's thread, what say we head over to my thread (updates) and continue the chat over there. Dig?

Stuart

FatherDog
01-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Brad Souders
PS Fatherdogg- Hate to be an a** but could you see if you could get me an e-mail to see if i can get my BAMA fight. They didn't want us to video tape our fights so they could sell the tape which is cool but of course if you fight in it wouldn't mind having it on video. If i can i'll send a copy to AP so everyone can see me get kicked in the head. Thanxs.

I think Dan's e-mail is still shootfyter@aol.com - I talked to him about it, and he's kind of foggy on where the tapes from that far back might have got to.

Brad Souders
01-05-2004, 11:17 AM
First fight - beautiful takedown, Was that a straight ankle lock from your belly. Looks like a Densberger type ankle lock but hard to see from that angle.

Second Clip- nice inside trip. You got that dude so off balance he didn't know what was coming or going.

Merryprankster
01-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Lloyd trained with Densberger so maybe it was. I use an unusual grip for the straight ankle.

The russian tie--it's a standard two on one, but as you go for it, step your leg between theirs. As you turn back into him, your knee will lift his thigh!

Brad Souders
01-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Is the grip with your wrist right behind their heel grabbing your other wrist while it lays on the shin? When i grip a foot like that it almost feels like their toes are at an angle. That's when i know the grip is tight. Feels like less torgue to finish.

Sorry to pick your brain i'm bored no training til Wednesday LOL.

Merryprankster
01-05-2004, 11:40 AM
No. The grip I use is a V grip with the fore and upper arm done at a specific angle so it feels like your shin is going to break.

Brad Souders
01-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
No. The grip I use is a V grip with the fore and upper arm done at a specific angle so it feels like your shin is going to break.

Remind me next time we meet not to have you show that one on me.