PDA

View Full Version : Century XXL Freestanding Bag

mickey
01-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Greetings,

Is this bag any good? I get the feeling it won't develop the bones of the hand too well.

mickey

Suntzu
01-05-2004, 01:33 PM
a very 'soft' bag.... used more as a conditioning(endurance wise rather than power or to tuffin up) bag or for those that can't hang a heavy bag from the ceiling for whatever reason....

Mutant
01-05-2004, 03:42 PM
i have one in my living room. it's an okay bag for what it is. it is a BIG bag, size wise. i just use it to play around with. can't really go crazy with it because my downstairs neighbor would not be a happy camper. when you hit it hard it does rock back and land with a loud 'thud' that resonates thru the building structure. it has a relatively soft outer layer but it does have some mass, so if you hit it with a driving penetrating punch it does have some substance. it seems to be fairly well constructed. its no substitute for a real sand-filled hanging bag and you won't find one in a real fight gym. but its fine as an extra toy to mess around with at home, especially if, like me, you can't hang a heavy bag where you live. if youre looking specifically to condition your hands, there are other training methods. so it all depends on what you want to have the bag for.

mickey
01-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Suntzu, MutantWarrior,

Thank you for your insights.

mickey