PDA

View Full Version : Building Speen function

woliveri
01-05-2004, 07:13 PM
I need feedback on stratigies on building spleenic function. In the case of a severely weakened spleen, what's the prognosis on restoring it equal to a normally functioning individual? Has anyone had this issue in their practice?

Thanks,

Bill

Jack Squat
01-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Bill

See it all the time......

Is your issue spleen qi deficiency? Very common in the US. Is it because your liver is overacting on your spleen?

In general, to tonify the spleen, cut out fatty, greasy foods, cut out raw foods (too cold property wise), cold food like ice cream (too cold temperature wise), alcohol, and spicey food. Do eat bland food like rice, jook, cooked vegatables, and ginger.

In addition, don't sit too much and don't overthink. Both harm the spleen. If you have irratibility, frequent sighing, red eyes, you may also have liver qi stagnation. A very common pattern in the US is the liver overacting on the spleen (liver qi stagnation combined with spleen qi deficiency).

There are several formulas that I could recommend if you have access to an herbal store.

Hope this helps!

Jack

vikinggoddess
01-08-2004, 06:33 AM
Hi Jack,
I tried to private message you, but you have it blocked. Sorry for the diversion, but i noticed you are in Orlando. I am wondering if there is a international district when I can find bulk Chinese herbs. If so, would you please make reccomend a shop?
Thanks,
Cory

Jack Squat
01-08-2004, 09:59 AM
VG

My PM is blocked? No wonder I don't get any!!!!!

Yes, there are many places to get bulk Chinese herbs in O-town. The best bets are "Health Food City" on Colonial Drive or "Dong A" on Mills/17-92. I would try Health Food City first. Both places have both bulk and patent medicines. HFC has better prices, but is strangely closed every Thursday (odd hours).

You are in Daytona? Are you with the Pai Lum school up there?

Let me know if you want to rap or need any phone numbers for the above places (I don't have them in front of me or I would put them in).

Jack

Jack Squat
01-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Anyone know how to unblock PM's?????
:confused:

aelward
01-08-2004, 11:45 AM
[deleted]

vikinggoddess
01-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Jack,

Thanks for the tip. Glad to hear there are some pharmacies close by for minor emergencies. Are there old Chinese guys who will look at your tongue too? Also if you know any experienced TCM doctor who know pediatrics in Orlando or closer to Daytona, then I would really appreciate having that info too.

Yes I am in Daytona, but I am not with the Pai Lum school. I don't know where it is located either. If they do Tai Chi maybe I will go there.

You go to your user profile and edit options so you can receive PMs.

woliveri
01-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Jack,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my main condition is from Spleen deficiency. I have found out through trial and error the best foods to eat and they are as you mentioned. I eat jook for breakfast most mornings and the rest of my diet is as you mentioned. Liver condition is more of being affected from a deficient spleen rather than liver affecting spleen. Correct me if I'm wrong but: Deficient spleen -> Qi Deficent and/or Blood deficent. The is the issue affecting the Liver, source being a weak spleen. Therefore the liver is not spreading out thus compounding the problem.

I do a lot of Qi Gong, meditative standing qi gong along with others but it's slow going.

I want to get the spleen strong. I've tried Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan but I think that was a little warm for me (as least the last time I tried it).

Sure, if you have any suggestions, that would be great.

In my case the spleen is weak but I have good BM formation.