PDA

View Full Version : San Soo

yamato_damashii
09-17-2000, 08:14 AM
Right now, I'm stuck in BFE; by this time next year I'll be back in the Corps, wherever they might stick me. I've been reading up on Kung Fu San Soo lately, and I've been impressed; I have prior experience in Hwa Rang Do and the Bujinkan system (as primaries). Anyway I can get certified rank if I can only make it to the school every year or two?

Jason C. Diederich
Pax Nobiscum

JHWSS
09-25-2000, 11:59 PM
I have been trainning in san soo for two years. The only problem you will have is to find a friend that will work out with you. You can not learn san soo without a partner. You must work out the techniques on another body and is usually good to work them out on several diffrent body types. Well check out this website if you are serious www.byweeksend.com. (http://www.byweeksend.com.) Ijust got done reading about hwa rang do in the last 3 black belt magazines and I hope it is not in the next one. By the way where in the hell is BFE. The best place to be for san soo is southern California!

kenpoman
09-27-2000, 12:31 AM
BFE stands for bum fu**** Egypt. It just means 'in the middle of nowhere.' Why worry about rank? Just learn from whoever you can without the politics.

JHWSS
09-27-2000, 04:24 AM
Well you dont have to spell it out. I have heard that expression before but never in those initials, Im young! Politics! let me tell you about politics! My san soo schhool in monterey that just closed about two months ago was all about politics that is why my (x)"sifu" closed the school. All the kiss ass students left and they were his favorite so after 8 years he closed the school. Since then he has promised to call us back on more than one occasion so we can get together and he can teach some new technique aqnd hand form but he has flaked. I am very upset about this and I believe this has led to a permanent falling out as he has had with all other local san soo instructors andeven his own black belts.

Jackal
10-31-2000, 07:17 AM
i study san soo... i think you could learn a lot in one or two years you might get to green sash. there are also video tapes which have forms or techniques on them you can order them from www.kungfusansoo.com (http://www.kungfusansoo.com)

yamato_damashii
11-23-2000, 07:18 AM
Thank you very much!
I was especially interested in the videos and training manuals.

Jason C. Diederich

Co-Founder, Yiu Dai S'uun Ancient Martial Arts
Only recorded holder of the rank of Black Pelt, Caveasaurus Combat
10,316th generation Dai Soke in an unbroken line of NHB Shaolin Ninja Marine successors