PDA

View Full Version : WC Instructors in the McKinney/Dallas/Plano area of Texas

rindge
01-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Besides the schools listed on wingchun.org, does anybody know of any good schools in the areas mentioned above. If yes, pleas let me know.

Thanks

Rindge

yuanfen
01-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Rindge- I dont know whether it is listed in wingchun.org--- but you might want to check on Sifu Cottrell's school in Ft Worth'

joy chaudhuri

Losttrak
01-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Some of Mr Cottrells students just opened up another branch in Garland. Here is some info they emailed to me:

Our school is located at:

Cong Dong / Vietnamese Community Center
3221 Beltline Road
Garland, Texas 75044

http://www.authentickungfudallas.com/training.html

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Son Dinh, Wing Chun Instructor

PHILBERT
01-06-2004, 09:59 PM
I recommend Sifu Cottrell as well. I trained with the Wing Tsun guys in Plano for a while, and even got to meet Emin, though I eventually had a falling out with my instructor because I found him beginning to become unreliable to make it to class (he just stopped showing up). So if you find the one in Plano, I wouldn't recommend them.

rindge
01-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Son, thanks for your reply. I tried sending this via email, but your service rejected my email.

I may possibly relocate to the Mckinney area and one of my considerations is good WC instructors. I am looking to get back into practicing- I have a about a year or so of experience, but have not trained for several years. I learned WC from an instructor Boston - YM lineage, but I can't tell you more than that because I was young and didn't ask a lot of questions about who learned from
who.

That being said, we are both aware that there are a lot of WC
Charlatans out there. It looks like you have trained under Sifu
Cottrell. I can't find a lot of information about your sifu. From a WC perspective is Gary Lamb considered his primary WC teacher? If you could share some additional info, I would appreciate it. Also, feel free to ask me any questions. Hopefully my request does not come across as rude.

Thanks

Rindge