PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Boxers Workout.

Shen Zhou
01-06-2004, 10:20 AM
I am looking for any Boxing Workout routines. I have looked all over the internet for a detailed workout plan for boxers. For instance what type of excerises do they do to get as ripped as they are? (ie. Roy Jones)
1. Types of excercise
2. Duration of the Excercise
3. Diet ?
4. Cardo

I want the information more for aesthetics purposes rather then fighting concepts.

Thanks for your help.

Shen Zhou

Suntzu
01-06-2004, 10:35 AM
well Roy Jones lives on a big azz farm and chases chickens and rows boats and plays basketball the same night as a fight.... and btw is probably one of the most genetically gifted people on the planet.... that being said.... alot of jump rope.... alot of push ups.... alot of running.... alot of bag work... alot of pad work... in 2,3,5 to 10 minute rounds.... go to t-mag.com and pick the diet that would help you the best.... and if all that happens to fail.... cuss ya parents out for cursing you with crappy genetics.....

Shen Zhou
01-06-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah he is a madman. I am 6'4" a lean 230 so i have pretty good genes i just want more body attributes. I have started more cardo along with a simple diet but i was just woundering what they did to get in such a conditioned body state. But thanks for the info. I might need to get some chickens to run around. I do live in Texas and there not hard to find here. As for cussing my mother I'll pass. I am more afraid of her then anyone else. She had belt fu style down pack when I was a kid... :mad:

Thanks
Shen Zhou

Suntzu
01-06-2004, 10:53 AM
also understand that most top level boxers have been doing what they do since they were like 6... my mom is a big softy.... but she had great "i'ma call yo' daddy fu" who btw had iron palm like a mahfuka......

Water Dragon
01-06-2004, 11:21 AM
http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/kbox/kbox.html

You can find the info you want here.

Shen Zhou
01-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Thanks alot Water Dragon... Ans SunTZU....

Shen Zhou

Ford Prefect
01-06-2004, 12:54 PM
My college had a decent boxing program that I was captain of. The only national championship my school ever won was in boxing actually. (No. I didn't win it) We didn't do much really. We'd have a constant round timer going, so we'd do stations that included shadow boxing, jump rope, push-ups, rope climbing or pull-ups, speed bag, and heavy bag. That was just the warm-up. Then we'd do drills either in a line, in the ring on the mitts, or on the heavy bag. We'd spar a lot too or do contained sparring like only being able to throw jabs, or lead hand punches, etc. We'd also jog for distance after practice.

I was a skinny as anything, but I was pretty shredded. Do anything intense for 4-5 times a week for 3-4 hours and I'm sure you'd get shredded too, and these pro's definately do that for a lot longer.

Suntzu
01-06-2004, 01:07 PM
and these pro's definately do that for a lot longer. considering most of the high level pros don't have no 9-5 other than to train.... lucky brain damaged bastids....... as for the pros that do work..... tuff bastids...

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-06-2004, 10:57 PM
most do a lot of push downs and underhanded crunches.