PDA

View Full Version : kungfu flix and playstation 2

kungfu cowboy
10-14-2001, 09:47 PM
I just got the movie prodigal son today on dvd and it won't play in my playstation 2. Anyone know why? It's supposed to support whatever format its in.

Buhma
10-14-2001, 09:50 PM
What region DVD is it?

If it's from a different region (I believe US region is 1) then it won't play in the US version PS2...does it play in any other DVD players?

<hr>
If ya ain't got the skills, I will take you out!

kungfu cowboy
10-14-2001, 10:05 PM
Here (http://www.hkflicks.com/xq/asp/filmID.177/qx/details.htm) are the details from online store. I don't have another player, so will have to wait to check that out.

It said playable in all regions.

Grappling-Insanity
10-14-2001, 10:56 PM
The PS2 DVD player is not really the greatest of them all.

kungfu cowboy
10-14-2001, 10:58 PM
I thought it was supposed to be as good as any other! **** marketing!! :mad:

Buhma
10-15-2001, 01:22 AM
Ok, supposedly it is an all region DVD...meaning PS2 will have problems playing it since it isn't a dedicated DVD player.

Basically trying to play DVDs on a game machine is a crapshoot...you win some, you lose some.

But before you go out and by a DVD player, try it out on another machine. If it still doesn't work then the DVD isn't really region 1 encoded.

region 1: U.S., Canada, U.S. Territories

region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East (including Egypt)

region 3: Southeast Asia and East Asia (including Hong Kong)
region 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean

region 5: Eastern Europe (Former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
region 6: China

region 7: Reserved

region 8: Special international venues (airplanes, cruise ships, etc.)

<hr>
If ya ain't got the skills, I will take you out!

kungfu cowboy
10-15-2001, 06:12 AM
Thanks!