PDA

View Full Version : xinyi liuhe chuan/ orthodox 10 animal xinyi

doug maverick
01-07-2004, 10:39 AM
I've been thinking about training in this style!
as far as i know wing chun sifu vengrove thomas. is the only one who teaches it in the city(new york that is) and he learned it from george xu. i was wondering if a: anyone know of any other teachers and b: does anyone know any websites or have any clips or demo's on the style. thanks

one.(thats hood for peace if you didn't know)

Jim Roselando
01-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Hello,

You may want to check out Empty Flower or Shen Wu. Thats Ken Fish & Tim Cartmell's sites. They will be able to help you!

Best of luck!

Felipe Bido
01-07-2004, 08:15 PM
www.chinafrominside.com

There's the history of the style.

You can find a gallery of xinyiliuhe pics on emptyflower, too.

doug maverick
01-08-2004, 11:35 AM
the insidechina site is what got me interested in the style. i was just wondering if anyone new of any teachers of it in new york besides sifu thomas. if not i'll train with him i heard it's two hours of intense training.

dre_doggX
01-08-2004, 12:03 PM
its seems pretty cool, I have never trained in it, just read stuff about it. but its simple, you know, works, and is old. from what i understand you can learn to use it in fighting for a short time. just like an external style, but it has the benefits of internal style. and I am thinking about taking studying xingyiquan from my teacher, if he teaches, it. plus a character does it in the video game "Dead or Alive" lol