wow...

Mr Punch
01-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Thanks mate, hilarious. :D

Ikken Hisatsu
01-08-2004, 01:04 AM
rofl. "the gnu walk"

I can just feel the chi :D

oh and is that not one shocker of a side kick? honestly, I have seen people do better side kicks than that on their first day of training. wouldnt want to leave your back exposed to your opponent, would ya? clowns.

Pork Chop
01-08-2004, 06:12 AM
Wow, Ben Stiller's doing a Karaddy (krotty) movie.

I wish we could still access my old thread with these guys' & bob klein's pics posted with captions. Of course, it was like 2 and a half years ago when we could still post pix.

Tainan Mantis
01-08-2004, 06:32 AM
By clicking several times I found myself on this guys students' school site.
I have never seen such a group of happy students.
I don't understand how he teaches something that looks so hokey and yet seems to be so successful.
This is in CA. It seems that people could find out what MA and Shaolin really are.
So why does this school look so well off?

Abstract
01-08-2004, 08:04 AM
http://www.kungfula.com/img/larry-split-14-large.jpg

i had no idea there was a marked difference in the way ppl do splits cross-culturally....

and if THAT is a 'deep split' then i am truly a shaolin master:rolleyes: :p :D

dwid
01-08-2004, 08:17 AM
So why does this school look so well off?

I'd say the FAQ page might provide a clue to this. Aside from not looking very skilled, they seem to have a pretty good attitude about what they're doing:

http://www.kung-fu.tv/pages/922795/index.htm

MasterKiller
01-08-2004, 08:25 AM
i had no idea there was a marked difference in the way ppl do splits cross-culturally.... Gymnasts call North/South splits "Chinese" and East/West splits "American."

Shen Zhou
01-08-2004, 09:13 AM
It not the style its the person

Felipe Bido
01-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Wow...head bands...

Abstract
01-08-2004, 09:49 AM
so would a 'southwest split' be Mexican?:D

Chang Style Novice
01-08-2004, 09:57 AM
I've heard the East/West split called "Russian."

Whattayasay we compromise and call it the "Cold War Split"?:rolleyes: :D

Liokault
01-08-2004, 10:12 AM
I hate to go against the grain but I think this is one of the best kung fu schools that I have ever seen!

At no point (if I read the web site right) are they under the misaprehention that they are going to become secret ninja killers and they are having fun.

Lack of self delusion + fun + saftey = good kung fu.

Liokault
01-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Maybe you could, maybe your the deluded one, maybe they don't think it matters, maybe they are getting more out of their training than you!

Chang Style Novice
01-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Maybe Mr. Spock would totally own Legolas the Elf.:rolleyes:

Shen Zhou
01-08-2004, 10:31 AM
(lack of self delusion+valid techniques) X (intensity / safety) + ('fun' atmosphere) divided by (natural ability) X attitude + HEART = good Kung Fu.

Liokault
01-08-2004, 10:33 AM
CSN

Maybe Mr. Spock would totally own Legolas the Elf.

But that would be like saying BJJ is no good against a gang. Yes the vulcan death grip would take Legolas out but would it work on an oliphant? Where as legolas took out a couple of oliphants out solo no prob!

Judge Pen
01-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Liokault
CSN

But that would be like saying BJJ is no good against a gang. Yes the vulcan death grip would take Legolas out but would it work on an oliphant? Where as legolas took out a couple of oliphants out solo no prob!

Next on Fox: "When goods threads go bad."

shaolinboxer
01-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Looks like what my friend Dr. Brown would call a "happy cult". God bless 'em.

The cross block againt a shinai though.....that's gotta go ;)

David Jamieson
01-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Captain Kirk would like it there, plenty of babes! lol

They are having fun, that's for sure, and pictures aren't worth a terrible lot when it comes to kungfu poses lol. People are posing, giggling, etc.

cheers

Goldenmane
01-08-2004, 09:55 PM
From the "School History" page:

"Grandmaster Tony Scaccia started his martial arts training in the art of Judo. At the time, a black belt in Judo was considered a prerequisite to studying Karate or Kung Fu."

It was? Where and when was this?

Wierd.

Arhat of Fury
01-09-2004, 10:41 AM
I think its great,
This is the happiest bunch of serial rapist and killers I'ver ever seen!

http://www.kung-fu.tv/images/640_wk23groupsmile.jpg

HAhhahahahhaa

Shaolindynasty
01-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Is it me or is his split no where near the ground?

Gargoyle again
01-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Honestly, aside from their goofy-smiley hug-a-care-bear presentation, I don't see anything objectively bad with their technique/stances etc.

Although I do recommend that they take the liberty of retranslating their "Buddha Squat" into something like "Buddha Repose" :)

IronFist
01-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Alright, in those first two pics, it looks like he's coming up on his toes, which is wrong.

Also, I think the split in the last picture it's not bad cuz he's balancing there holding himself up with muscular strength. Yeah it's not a full splits, but can you balance like that without holding on to anything? (I'm assuming it's hard. I've never tried it)

norther practitioner
01-09-2004, 04:27 PM
give yourself about 20 min. trying...:D

IronFist
01-09-2004, 04:43 PM
^ Are you talking to me? :confused:

old jong
01-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Think about a disco beat!... (http://www.kung-fu.tv/images/640_Wk36DebFelSnakeSmile.jpg)

dilvie
01-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Of course, I don't think those students will be taking anybody on in the UFC anytime soon, but it looks to me like they're having fun in good facilities, and the instructors are not fleecing them or misleading them in any way.

They seem to promise health and personal growth in a fun learning environment, and it looks to me like that is exactly what they deliver.

I didn't see any promise that the students would become world-class fighters anywhere on the site.

It looks like a valid organization accomplishing their goals quite well.

That's more than I can say for many martial art schools, who often claim that they will make you a fighter who can handle the explosive violence encountered on the street, but train their students to point fight and rely on flashy techniques that look great in movies, but get easily defeated in reality.

At least this school is making no such claims (that I've seen).

-Eric