PDA

View Full Version : Cant get rid of it

Viper555
01-08-2004, 05:44 AM
Ok, for about a month and a half now i've been trying to get down to a 6% bodyfat so that I can have some definition. So far its gone pretty good. I've been able to go from 17% to 11-12% body fat and basically lost 10 pounds of fat and managed to put on 3 pounds of muscle. Now i've come to a stop though. I can't get it below to go below 11%. The closest(sp?)i've come is 11.3%. At first I figured out my calorie intake by what my weight was at the time and it worked until I got down to 13% and it stopped there. From there I changed my calorie intake to what a person that weighed 140 would take in which got me down 2% more but now im stuck at 150 with 137 pounds of muscle. Here's my nurtitional intake right now:

Calories: 1995
Carbs: 249
Protein: 149
Fat: 44

Heres my workout routine:

Monday

Bench Press
Curls
Military Press
Rev. Curls
Run 2 miles

Wednesday

Squats
Calf Raises
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Run 2 miles

Friday

Lat Pulldowns
Tricep Ext.
Flys
Skull Crushers
Run 2 miles

Doing the diet and the exercise like this im still putting on muscle but I can't get rid of the remaining fat. I've though about doing high intensity interval running on wednesday instead of the 2 miles. Does anyone see anything that I should change here that might help me to reach a 6% bodyfat because right now i'm stumped.

Cheese Dog
01-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Well, the interval training will certainly help, but the biggest thing you could do is drop those carbs! You probably don't need to lower them as far as the Atkins diet would have you do, just drop most starchy foods and replace them with fruits and vegetables. Try to raise your intake of good fats also, such as flaxseed oil, olive oil, fish oil, (or just eat lots of fish). Since you're lifting, try to raise your protein intake also.

Your percentages would be more like this-
protein--40%
carbs--30%
fat--30%

This is what works best for me. I could never lose weight on a high carb, low calorie diet. Only after dropping carbs was I able to consistantly lose bodyfat.

Good luck!

Viper555
01-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the help, i'll give that a shot and hopefully it'll work.

BTW, did you ever start taking NO2?

Cheese Dog
01-08-2004, 10:27 PM
No, money is a little tight right now. Hopefully soon...

Cheese Dog
01-08-2004, 10:29 PM
No, money is a little tight right now. Hopefully soon...

Heard some good things about it.