PDA

View Full Version : The scars you got!

overdemon
09-19-2000, 11:26 PM
Tell me what kinda crazy scars/injury you got in a fight/accident and how you deal with it

I got my groin hit by a basketball (2 time
breathing help alot easing the pain and is realy not that bad as you see it on tv)

Broke almost every fingers

Got my head bust up in a fight

blacktsun
09-20-2000, 12:00 AM
I have a 1-inch scar on my left arm from a machette, a scar over my right eye, running from my hair line to my eyebrow, from a playful monkey sparring match, a pair of scars on the left side of my chest from a couple of stab wounds (just missed my heart either time, lucky...), and a few others in areas that I do not wish to discuss.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

"Do not worry about being known, rather, try to be someone worth knowing."

JWTAYLOR
09-20-2000, 11:02 PM
Whew,
broken bones:
Every finger on the right hand, (little finger actuall torn in half once, still missing part of it) 3 on the left
left hand broken bones twice, right once
Both elbows completely dislocated and had to have pins to get them back into place
right arm ulnar
both colar bones, right one twice
seperated 3rd vertibrae, paralization while it was swollen, rehab for over a year
1 broken rib left (I wanted to prove to a friend that jumping from that rock would be ok, it wasn't)
4 right (same one twice)
both shins, right one twice
right little big and little toe too many times to remember, left a couple of times too.
right two middle toes smashed.
right jaw, twice
one nose, low
I know I'm missing something.

11 Concusions

1 total knee replacement, right side

Scars:
numerous on hands, fingers, knuckles
two on left forearm from knife attack
one on inside of right forearm from demo gone arwy.
right wrist, animal bite
left palm, all the way throuh in a semi circle to the back of my hand=tree trimming accident
rear left kidney area, small puncture wound, knife attack
both elbows, small scars from ortho
knee scar from replacement
small (barbed wire looking) scars up left shin, thigh, hip, from fencing accident.
Small scar above the right eye, hit with fist
small scar above left eye, hit with tennis racket
small scar left rear skull, hit with 7 iron
2 inch scar on right ankle
I've go to be missing something.

BTW, most of these are from activities other than the martial arts. I'm just clumsy, and very unlucky. MANY of the broken bones are from one single motorcycle accident. I was at a dead stop and got driven over at around 40 mph. She didn't even slow down until the bike was trapped under the car. Broke just about every bone I can think of on the right side of my body.

JW

Braden
09-21-2000, 03:24 AM
I've got a nice scar going from the middle/front/top of my pelvic bone straight up to the middle/front/bottom of my rib cage. But that's not from fighting, thank god. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jimmy23
09-21-2000, 09:34 AM
good lord JW thats severe!glad you can still walk,much less fight!

JWTAYLOR
09-21-2000, 04:37 PM
Well, I limp sometimes, but it's kind of comforting fighting knowing that they probabbly won't break anything that hasn't been broken before.

JWT

The Whyzyrd
09-21-2000, 04:58 PM
I'm not quite as bashed up as JW but...

several broken fingers (a couple O' fights and a few from too many years playing ice hockey)

Broken colar bone and Several broken ribs

Nice long scar across the side of my left leg - never even saw the knife that got me...that one stung.

oh yeah and a nice scar on the back of my head...Dad dropped me once when I was a kid.

JWTAYLOR
09-21-2000, 05:41 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, on long scar on the bottom of my foot where I stepped on a broken bottle when I was 8.

Jon "Lucky" Wayne Taylor

overdemon
09-23-2000, 03:24 AM
wow JWT take it easy!
and I almost forgot!I got shot on my forehead
by my selfmade catapult (dumb idea that I got)

JWTAYLOR
09-24-2000, 06:13 PM
OD, now that's comedy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JWT

Monkey
09-24-2000, 10:14 PM
When I was 6 years old, a few friends and myself were out in the woods throwing rocks at trees. One of my friends, who was standing right next to me, hit me on the side of the head with the rock he was throwing. I was wearing a hat at the time. I went running home to my Mom, told her what happened, and as she took my hat off my head, all of the blood that was stuck under the brim of the hat came pouring down my face. Mom nearly had a heart attack.

09-26-2000, 04:29 AM
I was starting to think I was the most injured person on the planet (I think your paralization put you over the edge though). At least im not the only person stupid enough to train to the point where im doing more damage to myself then I could ever hope to prevent in a fight. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif