PDA

View Full Version : omg! ever get hit this hard?

IronFist
01-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Ow! (http://clandmd.recongamer.com/owned.jpg) That's the biggest "goose-egg" I've ever seen.

(I think "goose egg" is the term for bumps like that. Is that right?)

Seriously. Is that photochopped? There has got to be some serious fluid under the skin if that's real.

edit - oops, fixed the title. I had a typo that made this thread sound kinda gay.

CaptinPickAxe
01-10-2004, 12:13 AM
That guy was on the opposite end of Lennox Lewis' fists. I saw that fight on Tv.

rubthebuddha
01-10-2004, 01:27 AM
the marines on "aliens" had it nicer wounds than that bugger.

Kristoffer
01-10-2004, 02:10 AM
whoa :eek:

Tainan Mantis
01-10-2004, 04:05 AM
I had a bruise like that when I was hit on the forehead with a stick.
It didn't affect my ability in anyway as the strike didn't jolt my head.

So I felt it was enlightening to discover that a full power stick smash on the head wasn't nessecarily a big deal.
Though, when I mentioned it to a student of mine he told of how he knocked his brother out with a strike to the side of the head.

Water Dragon
01-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Not too shabby for a simplistic, external sport that only arm punches, eh?

BAI HE
01-10-2004, 10:05 AM
That's Hasim Rahman. That was from a Holyfield butt.

BAI HE
01-10-2004, 10:06 AM
That doesn't take away from boxing though, I've been hit by enough of them to know internal or external it hurts. Bad.

truewrestler
01-10-2004, 10:58 AM
That is an authentic picture from a headbutt

CaptinPickAxe
01-10-2004, 11:23 AM
thats right...holyfield. I just remember being over at my homies house watching the fight, kicking back a couple of brews, and laughing at the ever growing lump on Rahman's head...

Kristoffer
01-10-2004, 12:00 PM
that's f'd up

IronFist
01-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
That guy was on the opposite end of Lennox Lewis' fists. I saw that fight on Tv.

Seems like other people think it was from a headbutt.

Hmmm, I have no idea!

CaptinPickAxe
01-10-2004, 02:05 PM
CPA
thats right...holyfield. I just remember being over at my homies house watching the fight, kicking back a couple of brews, and laughing at the ever growing lump on Rahman's head...

I corrected myself....;)

It was a head butt.

blooming lotus
01-10-2004, 04:47 PM
no, but I have hit someone who had that reaction. I don't think it was the power of the strike so much as where it landed....just my $0.02 worth

cerebus
01-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Heh, heh. I had a cousin try to break a branch off from an old, dead-looking pine tree by swinging an ax handle at it. Well, the tree must not have been as dead as it looked 'cause the branch was still alive & flexible, causing the ax handle to bounce straight back & smack him in the forehead. He looked like a unicorn for the next two days! :D :D :D

CaptinPickAxe
01-10-2004, 05:50 PM
I have a calcium build-up on my forehead where I cracked my skull as a child.

I've heard all the jokes...so save 'em

Vash
01-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Would that be the same kinda thing that Van Damme has on his head?

Or (on him) is that the suck just trying to escape?

IronFist
01-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Vash
Or (on him) is that the suck just trying to escape?

omg lmao!

CaptinPickAxe
01-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Van Damme has a calcium build-up? I wouldn't know considering I hated VD since I was a kid...such a poser.

Kristoffer
01-11-2004, 02:29 AM
his name is impossible to spell

David Jamieson
01-11-2004, 09:04 AM
when i was about 22 or 23 I got beat up real bad by 4 mean @ss hombres in an ugly barfight.

My whole head looked like that! lol

so much swelling the skin was splitting. i didn't even recognize myself in the mirror and it took about 10 days before I was down to just fading purple skin and yellowing patches from the hematomas.

Is it that bad? Come to think of it, only at the time did it feel real bad. the next day was tender, but not so bad.

as an aside, i learned that taking a beating is not so bad overall and it changed my attitude towwards fighting. Gave me the "hot pizza" perspective. IE: After the first bite it doesn't matter anymore. :D

Rahman gets 100exp points in my books for that fashion statement. Maybe he'll be a little more toned down in his vocal broo ha ha's from now on. Come to think of it, he's not so sassy these days now is he. lol

cheers

blooming lotus
01-11-2004, 03:00 PM
I love that hot pizza theory. That's exactly the way I see it, If I don't die from it, it'll heal and if I can zone out of the initial pain state...it's all just upping the threshold. That person I hit who goose egged like that, was swollen, and had two black then yellow eyes for about 4 wks....I saw this person everyday, I was kind of embarressed for them really. Quick share...was sitted at a table with back turned and was attacked with what should've been a crazy king to the back of my head....I guess instinct just kicked in, and I forgot not to strike back (as you do???) but I'm still saying that it was where it connected and not how hard, so don't feel too bad.....who hasn't copped an injury? My hook is good...but nothing magic??? ..... We ended up calling it a volleyball injury....LOL......No glory in airraiding your own praises ha. :p

IronFist
01-11-2004, 05:01 PM
What's the hot pizza theory?

David Jamieson
01-11-2004, 05:34 PM
hot pizza theory...lol

just a figure of speech really.

You bite into pizza and it burns the roof of your mouth, but it tastes good and you are hungry, so, it doesn't matter that it's hot and burned your mouth, you eat it anyway.

cheers