PDA

View Full Version : Slam Man?

Eight Diagram Boxer
10-14-2001, 10:42 PM
Anyone use that Slam Man workout thing before? I saw one cheap near me and I'm wondering if I can use it in my hsing I workouts. Can it take a punch or is it just for cardio type workouts?

Jaguar Wong
10-14-2001, 11:26 PM
From what others have already said, it can't take a beating if you expect to go all out on that thing all the time. I think it's more for cardio, and maybe accuracy/speed.

I would invest in a heavy bag if possible, IMO. it's just too valuable to any good workout. I think your Hsing I would really benefit with it.

Jaguar Wong

Eight Diagram Boxer
10-15-2001, 04:42 AM
that's what I figured, I just need something that doesn't have to be attached to the ceiling (the landlord would be ****ed). I guess I can get a stand.

rogue
10-15-2001, 04:56 AM
Century has some free standing bags from about $100. The Tae Bo(I'm not kidding) free standing bag is ok and is pretty good for practicing low kicks. Just watch out for them "jumping" when you hit them hard and though it's never happened with my year old $100 bag. leaking.

http://www.interesting.com/stories/gadsden/images/museumshop.jpg

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban who right about now is getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.