Machine_Phantom
01-11-2004, 08:04 PM
do you you drink aklkohol

Ging Mo Fighter
01-11-2004, 08:39 PM
never

wentwest
01-11-2004, 08:46 PM
I do drink. I like most alcohols. I don't drink to excess anymore (college years are way over). Haven't had a hangover in many many years.

I think in moderation it's fine as long as you don't have a problem with controlling it, etc.

Chang Style Novice
01-11-2004, 09:04 PM
If you tell me what "aklkohol" is, I'll tell you if I drink it.

Bluesman
01-11-2004, 10:05 PM
1921 tequila special reserve!!! only from Mexico but **** worth all the moola
I raise my glass in agreement!
12 year old Old Forrester, by the way is named for Confederate Gen. Beford Forrest, is fairly smooth. The best stuff is aged for 20 years and is called Pappy Van Winkle after the original distiller who made it. The 15 is very good as well. I have a bottle of 23 year old that was a special run a few years back. Spent the entire time in the middle of the warehouse. Man it was well over 100 dollars and I am saving it for a special event. I have had it autographed by several members of the 23rd Fighter Group and C.A.T.F. But I do not over indulge. And only drink bourbon in a brandy sniffer! Without ice, of course.

neit
01-11-2004, 10:45 PM
beck's

SanSoo Student
01-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Jhonny Walker Blue Label is wayyyy over overpriced for people who drink all the time like me, and besides the Macallan Single Malt Whiskey is the better whiskey to buy, certainly the best I've tasted.

I'm more of a vodka type of guy, either triple distilled or potato vodka those are good. Smirinoff is cr@p.

I would like to taste a good bottle of cognac, haven't had that sh!t in years, like some Martell XO supreme. MAN drinking has made me so poor.

Brithlor
01-12-2004, 03:00 AM
San Soo people are all poor drunk b@stards! :D

SanSoo Student
01-12-2004, 03:04 AM
haha, maybe thats why I'm still a student.
I maybe took drunk half of the time to train :D

BentMonk
01-12-2004, 04:41 AM
Phantom - First off good song in your sig, C.O.C are the shiat. The more I drink, the straighter I walk. I'm a Chivas Regal fan too (raising glass to Empty Cup) I like some imported beers. I haven't been truly drunk in a long time. It takes too long for my old azz to get past the hangover now.

Mr Punch
01-12-2004, 05:06 AM
Used to drink a helluvalot. Started changing me. Now once or twice a month and seldom to excess.

Current tipples include a 17 yr old bottle of Glenfiddich special summatorother and v v nice lookin expensive bottle of tequila from mehico... neither of which I've touched yet. They've been sitting in my 'drinks cabinet' for over a year.

Otherwise, when I drink, I drink anything and everything. Particular faves; beer, whisky, whiskey, r wine, gin (esp Plymouth), warm sake, cold sake, aomori (sp?) - Okinawan shochuu made from Thai rice... er etc...

Judge Pen
01-12-2004, 05:48 AM
I'm a lush. Love the Bourbon. Bluesman has excellent taste, but he's a Kentucky boy so they know their bourbon and basketball. My drink of choice is Maker's Mark and Dos XX's beer.

MasterKiller
01-12-2004, 07:36 AM
I do not imbibe.

yu shan
01-12-2004, 07:39 AM
beer by the trough

There is a statue of Gen. Beford Forrest just off I-65 here in Nashville... it`s seems to be on the receiving end of gunshots periodically. Legend has it, he was a crazy mofo, and ate up with racism... thus the gunshots!

Bluesman
01-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Well he did start the Ku Klux Klan but disbanded it because of what it had become. It had started off as a group of veterans of the war.
The Klan in its present form was started at the turn of the last century by a Baptist minister. That's when the religon and cross was added. At one time there were millions of members. Blacks, Jews and Catholics were the top three that they did not care for but as far as I am aware the Catholics have dropped off the list.
I worked with members of The Invisible Empire, one of the larger Klans.

bodhitree
01-12-2004, 08:49 AM
no.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-12-2004, 11:51 AM
i wouldn't be suprised to learn that my heart pumps more beer than blood.

i have to consiously control my drinking or i would be all ****ered up every single night.

at current i only drink on weekends and always to excess.

Abstract
01-12-2004, 12:06 PM
not really...i think getting drunk for the sake of getting drunk is wack. i like to be in control of my behavior....

BUT, with that said, i DO drink, sometimes, NEVER to get drunk...

scotch on the rocks
vodka on the rocks
7&7
whiskey straight up
or a beer<--Heineken/Corona/Presidente/Killian's ain't too bad
or some good dry merlot w/a sirloin

Oso
01-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Top Shelf
Gray Goose
Bomby Sapphire
Patron

Middle Shelf

Beam
Jose

Bottom Shelf

Burnette's for both Vodka and Gin
Heaven Hill

Beer

Nice Belgian's when I can get to them.
Dogfish Brewery
Sam Adams
Heinekin

shaolinboxer
01-12-2004, 12:55 PM
I drink, but I don't drink too much. At our annual holiday party at the dojo people drink like fools and spar until dawn. I stay away from that kind of thing now, since I either get hurt or wind up hurting somebody else. There is a culturre of alchoholism that permiates the martial arts that i find irritating. I don't like the fact that people feed my instructor booze to get him to say funny things becuase it's not healthy for a man his age.

Gangsterfist
01-12-2004, 01:01 PM
I take a whiskey drink
I take a vodka drink
When I take a pee
I go in the kitchen sink!

-Homer J. Simpson

CaptinPickAxe
01-12-2004, 01:05 PM
My personal favs have to be:

Gray Goose
Crown Royal Special Reserve
Patron
Cabo Wabo

My favorite beer has to be either Heineken Special Dark, Zeigen Bock, Shiner Bock, or Red Stripe. I've been trying to stay away from beer though, it makes you fat, and light beer tastes like pizz.

Oso
01-12-2004, 02:11 PM
I've recently been mixing vodka or gin with Sobe's "No Fear'' drink.

I'm calling the mix with gin "Battery Acid"

SB, alcohol in extremes is not good. Getting someone drunk on purpose is not good either. Kick some ass.

CPA, c'mon man...drink the good stuff and just train harder. :D

CaptinPickAxe
01-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Did I name a low quality drink? All are top shelf. I'm more of a Liquor kinda guy than a beer guy...

Oso
01-12-2004, 03:29 PM
CPA, not what I meant.

I was talking about you staying away from beer because it was fattening.

Drink Good Beer >>> Train Harder to compensate for it.

:)

Remember, an ounce of liquor has approximately the same number of calories as it's proof.

CaptinPickAxe
01-12-2004, 03:32 PM
no sh!t?

I didn't know that. But think of this way, you have to drink more beer to get drunk...not that I get drunk all the time;)

Chang Style Novice
01-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Bourbon:
high octane - Bookers
regular - Wild Turkey
unleaded - Beam

Scotch:
high octane - Laphroig

Tequila:
high octane - Herradura or Chinaco

beer:
oh, lots. My favorite is a local brew, The Full Moon Pale Rye Ale, but I like anything that's pretty much like myself:

cold, bitter, red, and with a biiiiiiiig head!

Oso
01-12-2004, 03:36 PM
http://www.annecollins.com/calories/calories-alcohol.htm

n0rmann
01-12-2004, 03:37 PM
I don't usually drink excessively, but I'm a beer snob. There's a bar in Boston I like to go to that has 122 beers on tap and another 100 or so in bottles. Also, I do go to Beer Summit beer festivals. There, I sometimes drink to excess just because there's so many beers you usually can't get, I want to try them all.

Oso
01-12-2004, 03:40 PM
regular - Wild Turkey

Gobble, Gobble

I store my jow in a WT Reserve bottle...kinda teardrop shaped with a cork.

I like my beer like I like my women:

Dark, Creamy and Sweet with just a hint of bitterness in the finish.

Brithlor
01-12-2004, 03:45 PM
"I don't like the fact that people feed my instructor booze to get him to say funny things becuase it's not healthy for a man his age."

LOL!

Sorry, I don't know why, but that conjured up the most amusing image :).

CaptinPickAxe
01-12-2004, 04:04 PM
"Hargh Hargh Hargh, you hit like little girl!!!" said the inebreated instructor.

Hey, wouldn't sparring drunk technically be called drunken boxing?:D

yeah, I know. That was incredably corny.

Oso
01-12-2004, 04:13 PM
I think it's valid to test your ability while intoxicated provided:

The usual equipment for sparring is used.

It is done like a scientific test not an excuse to get plowed and hurt someone.

The teacher stays sober as well as one or two others.

Set the test parameters first. "1 shot every 20 minutes to a maximum of 3 shots" varying by body type of course.

Obviously, past a certain point you can't fight fer **** but it's interesting to note at what point you THINK you are moving like Ali and what an outside observer sees.

Becca
01-12-2004, 04:17 PM
I drink once in a while, never to excess though. Usually keep to light-weight stuff like Mike's Hard Lemonaid or Blue Skyy.

CaptinPickAxe
01-12-2004, 04:19 PM
interesting, I've never heard of such a thing. I have say though its a very good thing though. A lot of people have a false sense of security and think they can still f*ck people up while spackled.

I like it.

Oso
01-12-2004, 04:26 PM
yea, it's interesting all right.

obviously not something you do with just any student.

CaptinPickAxe
01-12-2004, 04:33 PM
true that...

It takes a lot of control taking a shot while drunk and not exploding. It also takes a lot of control to gauge the power of your punches while drunk...if you can hit the target.

Vash
01-12-2004, 04:58 PM
I drink Gatorade. That count?

OOh! Orange Juice! High-Pulp Orange Juice!

Chang Style Novice
01-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Being the only sober guy in Arkansas will do that to your face.

Vash
01-12-2004, 07:49 PM
I'm not the only sober guy in Ar-Kan-Sas. There's, like, two or three others. I think.

And I'm taking care of the redness. THe hair, though, that's a lost cause. I was going to turn grey eventually.

wentwest
01-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Specifics:

Scotch - Macallan's 18 yr.
Beer - Paulaner Hefe-Weizen in Summer, Guinness or Fuller's ESB in Winter
Bouron - Maker's Mark
Gin - Bombay Saphire (Tanqueray's fine with me too)
Rum - Barbancourt Reserve (Haitian)
Vodka - Gray Goose (I still like Stoli)
Porto - any old, dry one of fine quality
Tequila - Patron
Aquavit - anything Danish
Champagne - Crystal - if someone else is buying :D

wentwest
01-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Oh yeah....

Sake!!!! Warm or cold...

I like the unfiltered ones too!

Bluesman
01-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Changstylenovice,

When Jim Beam first put out Bookers it was called Booker Noe after the present Jim Beam descendent at Jim Beam, don't remember his title other than his great-great-greatgrandfather was Jim Beam.
So you might wonder why did they change the name from Booker Noe to Bookers? I was told that people were calling it Booger Nose.

Daredevil
01-13-2004, 06:16 AM
"Quickly! I need a drink! There's blood in my alcohol system!"

Yes, I drink. I'm Finnish what do you expect?

Currently I'm on an extended pause : I haven't drunk for two weeks. I'm looking to have a sober January.

Anybody know anything concrete about alcohol effecting growth hormones and the like, ie. heavy drinking inhibiting muscle growth (in some other way except by keeping you off the gym)?

The party lifestyle and the martial arts lifestyle are hard to combine.

CaptinPickAxe
01-13-2004, 06:21 AM
Haven't had a drop since Dec. 31st...I don't think I'll ever drink to get drunk again...

But no man can resist the great taste of a cold Lager while watching football or boxing.

wentwest
01-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by EmptyCup

Interesting. Is this oak aged? Spiced or unspiced? Proof?

It's aged 15 years in Limousin Oak. It's not spiced. I think it's 80 proof. Here's some info from a web site that sells premium spirits...

Aged 15 years, the Réserve du domaine was originally reserved for the Barbancourt family and their friends. It was offered for public sale for the first time in the middle of the 1960's. Today, the Réserve du Domaine and its incomparable flavor has become a veritable institution in the world of connoisseurs.

It's a "sipping" rum.

phoenix-eye
01-13-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm scottish - nuff said.

The question should have been

Q: " What do you do when you're NOT drinking?".

A: Breathe in

Oso
01-13-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm scottish - nuff said.

The question should have been

Q: " What do you do when you're NOT drinking?".

A: Breathe in

Bravo !

Machine_Phantom
01-13-2004, 08:57 PM
i was drunk when i made the thread
funny no one flipped out with righteous NO-DRUG HEALTHY MARTIAL ARTIST attitude or anything
STAY OUTA DRUGS KIDS! and that type o sheyt
its good to know that type o sheyt didnt get put on my thread

sometimes i feel like i gotta drink for 3 people, dunno why

Serpent
01-13-2004, 09:34 PM
Hey Xebby, why can't you stick to one persona?

Must be all the alkokol.

Machine_Phantom
01-13-2004, 09:38 PM
dude
at first it was xebby

but for how long can the mind of a yougn man resist the pain
i am cracking little by little
little by little

and i give myself new names

you think its a new persona
but its the old guy with a changed mind
cos hes cracking, hes breaking

the diffrence from the rest of the most people is he gets a new name every once ina while
he learned to name his decay

shaolin kungfu
01-13-2004, 10:17 PM
I like the changed xebby. He's more, ummm, poetic. His writing has a sort of flow to it thats hard to describe. Kind of like no_know, but different.

Hope you get past whatever your going through, dude.

Oso
01-13-2004, 10:24 PM
please don't compare xebby/volcano/machine to No_Know.

There is a huge difference.

Becca
01-14-2004, 03:04 PM
funny no one flipped out with righteous NO-DRUG HEALTHY MARTIAL ARTIST attitude or anything

Brings to mind a comment made by one of the wosu in my style after Boulder out-lawed smoking in bars...

"Now that's my kind of place! No second-hand smoke, everyone drinks like fish, and nobody looks at you funny for wearing your saam into the grocery store after class."

ShaolinTiger00
01-14-2004, 03:11 PM
LMAO!!

They punish you if you're a Judoka who doesn't drink beer!

Seriously drinking beer after practice (I know many dojos who have a fridge full of beer and they grab a few right after stepping off the mat) is our version of "traditional techniques" even out club goes out after practice once a week to get beer.

Beer is part of "mutual benefit and respect". you slammed me down and now my shoulder hurts! you're buying the first round!

yenhoi
01-14-2004, 03:23 PM
I like shots of tequilla, you name it, I have an open bottle. If stuck at a bar with low selection, Casadores or 1800 for those of us who like the kick, and patron for the wimps out there.

Corazon is probably the best tasting, smoothest commercial tequilla here in the states.

20$ bottles of Jose, I can do without.

:confused:

Chinwoo-er
01-14-2004, 07:12 PM
I don't

But one of my Sihings use to drink like there is no tomorrow on every meal. Our Sifu use to say he should avoid learning drunken style in case he feels that he needs to "get in to the correct mindset" during class.

:D :D :D

Machine_Phantom
01-14-2004, 07:26 PM
thnx for the support shaolin :D

Oso, Jesus loves me but im straight