PDA

View Full Version : qigong - transferable?

Falcor
01-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Are different Qigong exercises transferable between arts? Since Qigong is a set f exercises that is supposed to collect and concentrate and channel the chi, can person A in Style 1 learn the Qigong set of Style 2 and have it benefit him without him expressly learning that particular Style 2 (assuming his physicality is of a high enough level already). For example, if I were a CLF practitioner, or a Northern Mantis practitioner, assuming I've got good foundation in my art and am of a high enough skill level in my art, if I were shown by a friend the set Iron-Wire from Hung Ga, would it not help me (and in fact harm me?) since I haven't been through the whole HG curriculum, or is the training I have received in the others arts enough the make it work?

I ask this because often I see arts/schools where Qigong sets like the 8 Section Brocade or the 18 Arhat or the Muscle Change/Marrow Wash are taught where in the original syllabus of the art of the school these are not in there.

No_Know
01-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Some things help one lose weight. Some help one with ability to fight. Some to maintain health. Some to improve health. Some to increase health.

Some might do all or combinations to some extent but not necessarily everything does what it does top notch. A fighting school might use a health exercise to have not only goof fighters but to have Healthy fighters.

When you get far enough along understanding any one thing there were lessons that work in al things like that. When one hears fighting, that one might think of one or more attacking one, punching. One fights one's doubts or concerns. Debates are like fencing. At least some descriptions of fighting can be matched in talking One might think. To strike is to say something intended to hurt the other person. To block is to defend a point or point out a flaw in the remark. To evade could be to speak but not answer the question yet seeming to have answered the question. Jointlock can be putting it too the other person where they look bad no matter how they answer.~

Understanding in a Kung-Fu good enough, is an open door to grasping the leastcommon denominator one learned but only realizes is least common denominator by seeing other stuff. An with good training you have put-in the time in that least common denominator thing in the one that the other seems easier than doing it without a background even in a different.