PDA

View Full Version : Evolving: amazing

Ray Pina
01-12-2004, 09:19 AM
I had my largest martial arts breakthrough on Fri. night, it came via a sparring session my master had us do.

The thing is, it wasn't a new technique or way of generating power. It was simply a change in understanding ... and it changed everything. I was able to go round after round and keep calm, not lose my breath. For the first time Ifelt completely, 100% in control. If I got hit, it was because I was pushing my luck.

The other thing, I think my sparring partner discovered the same thing, because he got **** hard to hit by the end of the night too. Single best nights training in my life!

I owe my master toooo much.... I don't think it could be repaid.

red5angel
01-12-2004, 09:26 AM
congrats e-fist. I love those moments when something just clicks, especially if you have spent a lot of time trying to understand it.

fa_jing
01-12-2004, 10:31 AM
E-fist: do you think this "mode" would be a good one for a competition fight? What would it take to achieve the ability to maintain this state of mind/body during a tough competiton?

I've seen this in others, and the obvious answer is experience -- hours spent sparring and competing --yet some will achieve this faster than others. What is the shortcut, if any?

Ray Pina
01-12-2004, 11:20 AM
As far as relating in the ring, I'll find out at King of San Da on the 24th ... but I'm sure the other guy isn't sleeping all this time either.

As far as aproach, what I like and am lucky enough to get: understand the principle, train it with classmates, pick up the intensity, test it in sparring.