PDA

View Full Version : Drangon Kungfu

Method
01-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I am doing some research on the different styles of Dragon Kungfu. Could someone here help me out with some information - websites - books.
It is very much appreciated - thank you for your time.

Method

ngokfei
01-14-2004, 01:14 PM
most prominent teachers are:

Yip Wing Hong
Steve martin
and that new guy in Ca( DRagon Bak Mei) he was in KFM.

other teachers availale.

Nothing recently inprint. YOu should try to get a hold of the old Martial Hero's fromthe 70's. The english and chinese ones had alot of dragon articles in it.

Also no books as yet in english. There was one 1/2 and 1/2 but I can't remember the name or where to get it.

joedoe
01-14-2004, 02:38 PM
See if you can PM a member called Triskellin - she is a Dragon practitioner.

Method
01-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Thank you for your replies.

I already practice a Dragon style "Lu Long Hsing Pai" from Lie Feng Tao-ren Shifu.
I was just hoping that I could get some info on the different styles to compair and learn from.

David
01-16-2004, 01:44 AM
I believe 'custom156' is also a dragonner.

custom156
01-16-2004, 09:40 AM
The book referred to is 'Lung Ying Mor Kiu' by Chow Fook/CS Tang, this can be bought from Tangs book store but is in Chinese language.
As for websites :
www.lungyingjingjung.com
This site and the links page has most of the info you could want for Lung Ying (Dragon Sign).
Videos, Yip Wing Hong has two Lung Ying, which can be bought from ESPY.

cerebus
01-16-2004, 09:25 PM
"Steve Martin"...you mean one of America's top comedians is a Kung Fu master too? The man's skills are endless! :D :D :D

David
01-17-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by cerebus
"Steve Martin"...you mean one of America's top comedians is a Kung Fu master too? The man's skills are endless! :D :D :D

Surely you've watched Bowfinger? :D

cerebus
01-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Hmmm, and there was that scene in "The Jerk" where he throws off his robe and he's wearing a black belt and proceeds to beat the hell outta everyone 'til he kicks the dude with the iron balls. And here I thought he was just actin'! :D :D :D

Southern Fist
01-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah he has the same name as the comdian.
If you want to know more of my teacher checkout his website www.sojournpast.com He is open for any good conversation on Lung Ying. He is located in San Diego Ca.

Method
01-20-2004, 07:31 PM
I have met your teacher and my teacher has only nice things to say about him. For my teacher to respect another teacher the teacher himself/herself has to be a quite accomplished martial artist as well as a human being. The lack of respect for such a martial artist is beyond me.

Method:o

Abstract
01-21-2004, 12:25 PM
doesn't someone in nyc teach dragon style? Lung Ying Kung Fu right?

i could've sworn someone in lower manhattan teaches there...:confused:

i can't remember the name though...sorry

Ironwind
01-24-2004, 10:14 AM
what is the difference between the Tiger Style of Hung gar and a Dragon style of kung fu?
Is it external or internal ? And does it invole 34 throwing techniques?
I'm just wondering because I don't know if I've been exposed to the Dragon Style.

Southern Fist
01-28-2004, 04:09 AM
Ironwind:
First of all,
The Hung Gar style is Long/Short system it is both Internal and External. As for the Tiger techniques in Hung, They are External in essence and power. Hung Gar has Dragon techniques also External in application, with emphasizes the waist power.

Lung Ying (Dragon Shape) Is a Short range style which emphasizes internal power thru the use of the techniques.

As for the 34 throwing techniques?
both systems have sweeping and throwing techniques in their arsenal of techniques.

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks SF