PDA

View Full Version : what builds the muscle??

Machine_Phantom
01-13-2004, 08:52 PM
is the fat you have
or more directly the food you eat

or both

or wich one is most used

or...
my question really is, can i turn some of my fat into muscle or would i have to loose that fat and THEN eat to put the muscles in place of that fat?
(considering one is exercising correctly and all for it o course)

Cung-Fu
01-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Protein builds muscle. But your body can only absorb so much protein at one time. So eating a high protein diet isn't goin to build more muscles.

You CANNOT turn fat into muscles anymore than you can change the stripes on a zebra.

You want to see more of your muscles, you have to loose the fat and inc. muscle size. Fat does not TURN into muscles.

Elxen
01-14-2004, 04:39 AM
training, good nutrition (lots of proteins) and rest are the basics for muscle growth.

Fat has indeed nothing to do with growing muscles

Sho
01-14-2004, 05:22 AM
Lift big, eat big, rest big.

A proper diet is important. Like people have stated here, you should absorb an adequate amount of proteins (at least 2g per every kilogram relative to your body mass) to reach best gains. You'd also want to leave all the fatty foods and sugary products out of the daily consumption list.

As for body fat, you should probably get rid of it first because, as far as I know, fat and muscle don't interrelate. Also, your body fat level defines the shape of your muscle structure's outer appearance. For example, to have a visible sixpack, you need a low body fat percentage to actually make the abs visible. Adding appropriate cardio to your workout program will help eradicate fats in the body.

Ford Prefect
01-14-2004, 05:51 AM
As a couple said here, diet is the most important factor. Your own body fat has absolutely nothing to do with muscle building. It kind of sounds like you are talking about that old myth on where you can turn fat to muscle and vice-versa. That is 100% incorrect though.

Anyhoo, protein and carbohydrates both "build" muscle technically. The protein will build and repair muscle fibers whereas the carbs replenish glycogen stores and help push along hypertrophy of muscle sarcoplasm (which is what most people consider "building muscle")

Becca
01-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Machine_Phantom
my question really is, can i turn some of my fat into muscle or would i have to loose that fat and THEN eat to put the muscles in place of that fat?
(considering one is exercising correctly and all for it o course)
Eat and excersize for building muscle now and the fat will go away on its own.