PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever do salvia?

shaolin kungfu
01-14-2004, 01:15 AM
If so, whats it like? I've heard different things about it, not many of them good.

nospam
01-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Sometimes when I wake up in the morning..I've salivated all over da place!:eek:

It's a beeeee-atch. Know what I mean, eh?

nospam
:cool:

sticky fingers
01-14-2004, 07:40 AM
I wouldn't do Silva. He's too scary looking.

norther practitioner
01-14-2004, 08:43 AM
I've done Silvia, and she was darn good.. but never heard of this salvia.

wentwest
01-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Salvia Divinorum...

is related to sage, if I'm not mistaken. As of two years ago it was not regulated by the FDA. I have a good friend who is what I call a "Psychonaut." He loves exploring the world of Psychedelic substances. He and his wife got their hands on some Salvia, and they both tried it. I heard all about the "trip." It's very short. I believe it lasts about 5 minutes or so, and then you are completely finished with the experience. Nevertheless, they both said it's a HEAVY trip. I think it's referred to as the "little death," since people frequently think they have died while under the influence.

Unlike many psychedelic drugs, the real world pretty much blacks out, and you only see visions in your mind. My friend said that he saw his childhood room in his parents house as it was when he was like 7 years old. He could see the room in complete detail in a way that he had forgotton on a conscious level - including reading the titles of books on his shelves.

In any case, he felt it was too heavy and had no interest in trying it a 2nd time. His wife, who is normally a bit more timid than he is in recreational drug use, tried it again a few weeks later.

Another interesting point is that people ferquently report that they feel a presence over their shoulder that they are certain is God. Hmmmm... it sounds very heavy to me.

In any case, here is a link for purely informational research purposes that has a ton of information about all sorts of stuff like Salvia

http://www.erowid.org/

MasterKiller
01-14-2004, 10:17 AM
I think it's referred to as the "little death," since people frequently think they have died while under the influence. The french word for orgasm is "Little Death."

shaolin kungfu
01-14-2004, 10:22 AM
thanks wentwest

Christopher M
01-14-2004, 10:31 AM
If you're being treated for depression or something similar, or have been recently, or perhaps should be, please don't play with this. If you decide to play with it in any case, be somewhere safe and have a sitter.

@PLUGO
01-14-2004, 11:14 AM
http://www.erowid.org/

is a good source of information...

A live cutting of the plant can be ordered online at various sites.
As can dried leaves for smoking or a distilled tincture for drinking. Interprising people wanting a sure high have developed concentraits 5x or 10x.

The plant itself has a long history of ritual/spritual/medicinal use in the Oaxa reagon of mexico. Usually a cigar of leaves are chewed in a quid. Only reciently has the smoking of the leaf become so vogue and well, the appearance of the topic here is sort of an indication of the growing interest in this plant.

Putting aside the extractions, people who have smoked the leaves report a broad range of "effects." From the wha wha wha effect of nitrous oxide or hyperventalation to death/rebirth or out of body experiences.

Having a sitter is a good idea as different people react differently and some people will become exceptionally active, getting up to walk around, oblivious of their suroundings. Others may laugh hysterically or just sit drueling. More so than many other mind-altering substances this one seems to effect different people very differently.

do a google search... you'll be amazed at what you find.

wentwest
01-14-2004, 12:33 PM

wentwest
01-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
The french word for orgasm is "Little Death."

I've heard that too.

CaptinPickAxe
01-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Salvia is crap...It will give a headache from hell with no results...stay away from it...get some good ol' natural homegrown.