PDA

View Full Version : Creatine and fat burners

infinet
01-14-2004, 05:28 AM
Had a question that no one can seem to answer..

Is it ok to take creatine and fat burners together or will the burners negate the effects of the creatine?

If anyone can provide info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

D.

Ford Prefect
01-14-2004, 05:47 AM
Creatine is naturally occurring within the muscle and an integral part of it's energy delivery system. Creatine supplementation works because it gives your muscle more energy to work with; thus allowing you to lift harder and longer; thus making you stronger.

The typical fat burner on the market just increases your metabolism to send you into a caloric debt. Some of the newer ones which will most likely be "cutting edge" in the media in a year or two go straight through hormonal/chemical responses in the body which facillitate fat burning. Either way, they are not related to creatine at all and one will not interfere with the other.

infinet
01-14-2004, 06:33 AM
FordP,

Thx for the quick reply,
I've been using the creatine supplement for almost 2 weeks now and made some really amazing gains (combined with proper diet and protein supplementation)
The only thing thats been bugging me is my gut no matter how hard I work it I'm not seeing to much of a difference, so one of my buddys suggested fat burners....but i heard so much conflicting evidence against the use of creatine and burners I had to ask someone and the gnc people i called were perpetually useless.

Again thanks and if you have any advice on what are good burners plz let me know there as so many on the market its hard to choose.

D.

Suntzu
01-15-2004, 07:10 AM
when i used creatine as recommended i would get bloated....

Pork Chop
01-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Creatine makes your muscle cells store more water right?

Most fat burners have some sort of diuretic (caffeine) no?

I guess creatine takes your available hydration to store in your muscles, the fat burner takes the rest and works to expell it. It might explain why some people (like mois) get cranky when they do both. Make sure you drink a ton of water.

Ford Prefect
01-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Correct. When supp'ing either, or, or both you should always increase your water intake. However, if he were to try a caffeine free diuretic, then this will be negligible. Biotest's HOTROX is pricey, but works well without making you as fidgety as a speed-freak. It doesn't have the metabolism & blood-pressure raising effects of the standard stuff on the market.

infinet
01-15-2004, 08:42 AM
thx fp, will check out hotrox, not to big on the caffinated burners, like you said makes you way to fidgety and feels half the time like your hearts gonna explode.

IronFist
01-15-2004, 11:51 AM
I thought he meant Hotrox was just a diuretic, not a fat burner.

Ford Prefect
01-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Nope. It's a fat burner. It does contain a type of caffeine, but it's in a small amount and only to activate another ingredient. It raises metabolism, but not in the fast heart rate, just blew an 8-ball of coke type way. You won't be jittery unless you have a caffeine sensitivity which would make you jittery after drinking soda or coffee. A quick google search gave me:

http://bodybuilding-help.com/hot-rox

Which does a decent job of explaining it.