PDA

View Full Version : Naming your own moves

Shinakira
10-14-2000, 06:33 PM
Ok. this might sound corney but who names there own moves.

I have been training for some time now and nothing makes me happier than tring to come up with new moves and slapping on a corney name.

Now someone tell me i am not completly crazy.
i have this on punch called the "gravey punch"
all it is, is a small uppercut to the sternum.
(trust me it hurts) but even so its corney as all hell.

Who else does this besides me...
And yes dragon spirit i know you do it
Mr. (Diamond cutter) lol.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Sithlord
10-15-2000, 06:20 AM
You watch too much WCW my friend! ROFLOL!!!! But......I wonder what would happen if I caught somebody with that. SWEET JESUS THAT WOULD BE GOOD! HAHAHA

"Darkness has come. May the darkside of the force be with you."

-Sithlord

Axess Denyd
10-24-2000, 02:43 AM
Well, I am the inventor of Drunken Sailor kung fu.

Problem is, it doesn't work. not even a little bit. :-)

So far I have such terchniques as "Sailor eats the dirt" and "Sailor loses lunch", but, you know... I'm working on it.

vi veri vniversum vivus vicci
-by the power of truth I have conquered the universe

8stepsifu
10-24-2000, 03:36 AM
we "very very unnoficially" (ie students that stayed up way too late practicing and formulated the 8 drunken bi7ch slaps. The weapon sets involve the bottle of JD and growing pimp nails. Iron palm isn't neccisary, but a nice aid.

Its really quite ingenious. When you punch a guy, he knows he's fighting, when you slap him, he doesn't know what to think. He feels like a child. And if you can curl your fingers back with a backhand so it looks gracefull, it adds insult to injury. I don't remember them very well, but here goes...
1. pimp slap- reach your right hand past your left shoulder and swing it 180 degrees untill it is on the right side of your body. Hit anything in the way with the back of the hand
2. Curling pimp slap. Same only done with an upward rising motion. The hand comes up at a 45 degree angle. At the moment of impact splay your fingers
3. Palm slap- slap em accros the face.
4. Nail slap- Same thing only rake your pimp nails accross their face in the process.
5. double pimp slap- cross your arms in front of you and lunge forward making a scicsor and
slapping with both hands simoultaneously.
6. whatsamattawithya slap.-slap them furiously back and forth like a cartoon charater. Make sure to keep the wrist limp.
7.slice- the same way you make a tennis ball spin only with your hand
8.I'm sorry slap- While retreating and apologising, plant back foot and apply the pimp slap.

For use of bottles simply apply a bottle strike to each of the above slaps

8Step Sifu

8StepStudent
10-24-2000, 07:23 PM
When I was younger and was just starting martial arts my friends and I would have "UFC" nights where we would basically wrestle each other to make another person tap out in submission or choke them out... Well anyways when doing this I developed a move I called "the constrictor." The constrictor basically was a rear-naked choke but instead of setting your hooks in you would cross your ankles and use your legs to squeeze the air out of people which made it two ways of choking someone, one by the rear-naked choke itself, and the other by squeezing the air out of them with your legs. The reason I named it this was because it's similar to what a Boa Constrictor does to its prey, but I wouldn't recommend using this move because it requires lots of energy and sets you up for other stuff. I would only use it sparingly, but I don't use it anymore

HuangKaiVun
10-24-2000, 07:33 PM
This is the kind of excellent post I wish I saw more of here.

It's not at all corny to name your own moves, as kung fu masters throughout history have been doing them.

In fact, Shinakira's "gravey punch" is Xingyiquan's "Beng Quan" ("Smashing Fist" from the "5-Elements" set).

I'm too lazy to name my moves, so I just refer to my sets.

Master Po
10-29-2000, 05:58 AM
8stepstudent,

I think I know the move your talking about. The only thing is that if you cross your ankles like in a "closed guard" way your really setting you self up fo an ankle lock. I accually learned that lock in Rickson seminar back in '91 (before Gracie was a household word). The same day I learned the messed up my friends ankle (by accident) when he tried to use the "constrictor" on me. Anyway there is a right way to that and if you are still into grappling shoot me a mail or something and I can try to describe it.

Master PO
Mark998989@yahoo.com

8StepStudent
10-29-2000, 08:27 PM
I know that it sets you up for an ankle lock, because one of my Kung Fu brothers showed me this. In my post when I said it sets you up for other stuff... That's what I meant by that.

Scott
10-31-2000, 04:51 AM
I refer to all of my moves as "You know, that move from that one set.. The one you showed me before. You know, that one."

-Scott

"You have to consider the possibility that god does not like you; he never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. It is not until we have lost everything that we can do anything."

brucelee2
11-01-2000, 03:44 AM
1)what gives you guys the right to name your own moves? Who the hell do you think you are?
2)I would name my own moves but, unfortunately, after I use them my opponents are unconscious and not paying attention to the name-how rude!
3)I don't name my own moves, however, I have named my own martial art!

Master Po
11-01-2000, 08:02 AM
8stepstudent...

Cool, I just though I might be able to share something. Its good you know that because I cant believe how many people dont. I have won a few matches against much better grapplers by using that anklelock. Take it easy and be safe...

Po

kenpoman
11-09-2000, 11:32 AM
My own style has been around for some time now. If you pay attention you may be able to catch a glimpse...repeat performances are few and far between.

It's both northern and southern. The style is loade with techniques that put us high in the air...that's the northern part.... then at other times we are very close to the ground...this is when the southern kicks in.
It's called the Way of the Lemming.