PDA

View Full Version : I got palmed in the face

Gangsterfist
01-15-2004, 02:12 PM
I got palm struck in my front lower jaw. All my lower front teeth and gums are really sore. Its been a few days now and the pain is still there. No teeth are loose but the gum line is red. What should I do? It has gotten a bit better just recently, but still hurts.

Samurai Jack
01-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Ibuprofen to reduce inflamation and a visit to your dentist may be in order. They can take X-rays to see if you've damaged the roots or connective tissue beneath the gum line. Most oral injuries should heal rapidly, one to fourteen days, unless the damage is to bone or teeth. Good luck!

Gangsterfist
01-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks its been about 3 days now and it seems to be getting better. I have been taking ibeprofun. My kung fu brother really got me good when sparring.

rubthebuddha
01-15-2004, 10:12 PM
continue with the ibu, chew some gum if you can to work the joint out, and congratulate your sihing/dai for a good palm strike. :)

ElPietro
01-19-2004, 07:50 AM
You could also ice it from the outside of your lip as well. Although, the inflammation stage should be about over now, especially if you are taking ibuprofen regularly.

Gangsterfist
01-19-2004, 10:36 AM
besides it really huring it has pretty much healed up now it is still a bit slowen on one side of my mouth, but the other side has completely healed up. Its still a bit sore. I guess the good thing is, now I know I can take that kind of a strike to the face if need be and still fight my way out of it.

Meat Shake
01-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Keep your hands up and your chin down.