PDA

View Full Version : Bags under your eyes...

Souljah
01-16-2004, 05:44 AM
Is it only a lack of sleep that causes these? Or is it possible to reduce their appearance by increasing your energy intake?

Today I had a good sleep as I dont have work or college on fridays, i'd say it was about 8.5 hours at least, yesterday it was about 7 and before that about 7 again - but I still woke up with huge bags under my eyes this morning.
Last night, and the previous 2 nights I have been doing quite enduring workouts - not alot of stamina but things like sit ups pushups and squats. Each night I pushed it until I could barely do any more - it seems like its the depletion of energy through exercise to me, not the insufficient build up of energy through bad sleeping as this week has been ok on that front - so would it follow to increase my energy intake (while balancing exercise routines) to help decrease the visibility of 'bags' under my eyes.....

This may seem like an obvious solution but I just want to be sure and wanted to hear your thoughts on the matter, as I'm sure you all have had similar problems...

-greg

scotty1
01-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Not really sure to be honest mate, as in addition to exercise I also drink a lot, smoke too much, take a lot of drugs and go to bed in the early hours of the morning. :)

mickey
01-16-2004, 07:35 AM
Hi Souljah,

1- This could be genetic. You can validate this by looking at other family members. If not immediate look a generation or two before yours.

2- This could be an alergic reaction to something new that you introduced into your system or into your environment. I suspect that this happened all of a sudden. Seriously do a check of the things that you have been eating and the places that you have been going.

3- You may be overtraining. Overtraining depresses testosterone levels which weakens your immune system; often producing allergy type symptoms-- it's your body's way of handling the germs and impurities until your testosterone levels are restored.

mickey

Vash
01-16-2004, 08:26 AM
I've had slight bags under my eyes for years, no matter how much or how little sleep I got.

Oh, by the by, remind me this afternoon to send you CPAs ORA Special. Just checked my pm's.

IronFist
01-16-2004, 09:36 PM
I hear that when people on TV don't get enough sleep and get bags under their eyes, they use Preparation H to get rid of them.

^ Just for informational purposes. I've never tried it and if you burn your eyes out trying it don't yell at me.

Souljah
01-17-2004, 07:57 AM
Like u vash I have also had slight bags under my eyes for most of my life - they just become alot more visable recently.

lol @ scotty

thanks for the info mickey i'll look into it in terms of genetics - I dont think its an allergic reaction though - I dont actually feel tired but i look it...your 3rd point about testosterone levels is quite interesting, ill try and check that out more too.

Iron, whats preparation h? can it just be bought?

IronFist
01-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Souljah
Iron, whats preparation h? can it just be bought?

Oh dude, I'm sorry. It says you're in London. I assumed you were in US, and I also assumed you could buy it anywhere.

Preparation H is an anti-hemorroid cream :) I guess it reduces swelling... hence it supposedly works on swollen, puffy eyes. You can buy it over the counter at any drugstore. Maybe you have something similar in London?

Like I said, that's just what I've heard that celebrities use. I've never tried it. Use it at your own risk.

Cheese Dog
01-18-2004, 10:34 PM
And be sure not to mix up the tube you use for your eyes and the tube you use for your rectum!

scotty1
01-21-2004, 06:26 AM
Although, my rectum is much more pert now.

redtornado
01-26-2004, 09:29 AM
DD I have had these bags under my eyes and it was from sleep and also diet....My adice is to keep record of your sleep and exp. with timing of sleep, like 8 h. 7,9, ect. and try taking vitamins o.k jeff

redtornado
01-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Yes, Do a cleaning of your colon!!!!!
All the toxic atuff up there can be the cause of this Bags alright........Jeff