PDA

View Full Version : Hey

ElPietro
01-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Lol, ok found this place again thanks to ford. Went to whatever site that is kungfuonline and had to register when I saw he was posting there, but then he directed me back here.

Anyway, to answer your question from over there, I am just starting to train hard again, but only with weights. I've no time left to train MA right now, as I bought a house, and it's quite a distance from my work, so the commute is time consuming, as is the weight training.

Injured my back pretty bad and am just now starting to train again as a result. I took two months off of lifting, and then when I was ready to start, I got sick for 3 more weeks. Apparently, deadlifting with heavy weight, and poor form can result in popping sounds coming from your lower back. I was actually training to maybe compete in a powerlifting comp early this year, but I have obviously dashed those hopes. I considered giving up powerlifting entirely, but for now I'm just going to try and regain my strength, and maybe compete sometime this year if I can recover to my satisfaction.

How are things with people here?

Haven't really taken a look around, so other than Ford, maybe nobody remembers me anyway. :D

rubthebuddha
01-16-2004, 02:31 PM
EP! yeah, we remember you. i kinda figured you went off to a mountaintop somewhere and would return when your beard was down to your knees and you had found true wisdom. apparently, you tried to lift that mountaintop instead, and dinged yourself in the process.

anyhoo, welcome back, hope the haus is treating you well and tha tyour back heals pronto. :)

IronFist
01-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Whoa!!! It's El Pietro!

Welcome back!

Ford Prefect
01-19-2004, 06:41 AM
****. Sucks about your back. Good luck rehabbing that.

ElPietro
01-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Lol, no, I am as far from finding wisdom as can be right now.

Anyway, good to see you guys around still. It's good to get training again, and hopefully back to some semblance of shape. In the months off from hurting myself my diet slid pretty bad, and I put on about 20 lbs of pure blubber. I think I probably even lost some lean mass, so in the end probably more than 20 lbs in bodyfat composition. Oh well, I'm starting back up and energy levels are good.

I feel kinda funny deadlifting with only 135lbs, and get some odd looks when they see me doing it, but I have to learn to go slow on rehabs, as I've always reinjured myself in the past trying to get back too quickly. That's what happened in this case, when I took some time off and then came back and killed my back even worse.

Anyway, I'll try to check in when I can, and contribute if possible. At least my brain, such as it is, still functions. Kinda. ;)