PDA

View Full Version : Got some new weight lifting shoes

IronFist
01-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Based on the recommendation of Pavel and other people who have recommended them:

Black/black Converse All Stars (http://www.converse.com/zproductdetails.asp?zcatid=2&zsubcatid=4&zgenid=&sku=M3310) :D

They were $40.00 at Journey's.

I'm going to the gym tonight. If you've never worn them before (I never had before I bought some today), they have an almost perfectly flat bottom, and the sides and everything are canvas and thus very soft. They also have only about an inch of ankle support in the back which tapers down on the sides. Not much ankle support = good for weight lifting because then you get used to stabilizing yourself as opposed to relying on your shoes to do it for you. They're pretty comfortable so far.

I was gonna get the white soled ones, but he said they had black soled ones and the all black look is more hardcore, altho less traditional.

Serpent
01-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Dude, I love the All Stars - I wear them loads, including for weights. I train kung fu in the low tops sometimes too.

Funny how things go around - you ever seen Grease? (Like, who hasn't!?) Well, in that when Danny is trying out different sports so that he cen get a letter, he wears black Cons all the time - even when he ends up doing track!

Of course, I really wouldn't recommend them for track personally!

PHILBERT
01-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Thanks Iron Fist, I've been looking for a nice, cheap pair of solid bottom shoes for Wing Chun. I'll pick some up myself later this week or next week.

Toby
01-20-2004, 11:19 PM
I think you'd look better in those pimpin' flame ones, IF :D.

inic
01-21-2004, 11:55 AM
shoes? you wear shoes? pffftttt

IronFist
01-21-2004, 05:45 PM
^ My gym frowns on going barefooted.