PDA

View Full Version : current tkf commercial......

neit
01-19-2004, 07:59 PM
anyone seen it? it has a guy playing chinese drums and simon doing some moves and lots of people smacking staffs together. it looks really old, but i have never seen it before. must have been made before my time. anyways, just thought it was fun to see. a little piece of canadian m.a. history. ;)

Eddie
01-20-2004, 12:51 AM
do martial arts schools have tv adds in your country?

denali
01-20-2004, 12:36 PM
No. Temple kung fu is not a martial arts school. :P

neit
01-20-2004, 05:57 PM
hehe true :D

Eddie
01-21-2004, 05:08 AM
so what is it then?

PHILBERT
01-21-2004, 06:53 AM
A guy claiming to teach traditional Shaolin Kung Fu which he learned from some Super Saiyan Ninja Monk from Shaolin back in WW2 when he was younger and running across Europe and Asia from people trying to kill him, yet he still somehow managed to master the entire art of Shaolin in only a few short years while being chased by psycho Nazis with guns who then later became a Cult like leader with a name of His Holiness.

Or it's just Kempo that he learned from his uncle.

http://www.templekungfu.com/

WinterPalm
01-26-2004, 08:38 PM

:D That was amazing!!!

SevenStar
01-27-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Eddie
do martial arts schools have tv adds in your country?

Back around 1998, three schools in my city had them. Also, a fourth school actually had a 30 min infomercial that aired on the local cable station.

Eddie
01-27-2004, 06:01 AM
wow, over here, tv commercials are very expensive. You would pay somehting like R30 000 (about $4000) for a 12 second slot, once off only. Bare in mind the avarage kung fu school's yearly profit is probably only about so much.

We have a tv program on one of the sports shows ofthe National broadcaster which gives us some exposure at events etc. Other than that, mosts sporting groups can only afford flyers and local city news paper adds.

I find it amazing that kung fu schools have tv adds and informercials.... wow

Kymus
02-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT

lol Philbert! I think it's deffinatly the latter.

PHILBERT
02-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Kymus, I would put money on it. If you do a search for Temple Kung Fu on the forums, check out the one started by KungFuGuy!, or go to E-Budo.com and do a search on there forums as well (read the one I started, along with a MC Busman or something along those lines). Great detail on TKF in both threads. Though the ones on E-Budo were ripped off from the one here, you don't get as much trolling.

KFG! said that he looked at something on the wall, a certificate or something, and that this certificate says Kempo on the bottom in small print. Not sure, can't recall.

Though my story is pretty close to the truth of his claim. I think they took it down, but he claimed he learned it in WW2 while on the run. It raises questions about his age and how he could learn such an art while on the run. I don't think Shaolin Monks were running from Nazis. The guy looks like he is 60 or so years old, and, if he was on the run in WW2, lets just say 1942-1943 since that is about the time when everyone was in the war, he would be around 75 years old since he was a "teenager" then, and it has been 60 years since that time.

Other than KFG!, there really have not been any peeps from TKF on the boards, and KFG! only lasted a few months. The main reason was because it is in the license agreement that you had to give them a pint of virgin blood, your left kidney and could not show anyone outside TKF your art. I'm sorry, but if a school said "I can't show this to anyone", I'd leave. I understand "You can't TEACH it to anyone" since I am not a teacher. But showing and teaching are 2 different things. They are just wanting to keep other, real, martial artists from looking and saying "That stuff is fake."

MasterKiller
02-09-2004, 09:30 AM
http://www.network54.com/Forum/205613

Kymus
02-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Phil,
and here I thought you were just being a smart a$$, lol. What a stupid tool. I don't get these people, man. Can't they atleast come up with something that's historically possible?!?! Then again, if they were smart enough to do that, they wouldn't create the fake art in the first place.

PHILBERT
02-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Nah, my butt is pretty gosh darn dumb. It just sits there and makes noises, but doesn't speak.