PDA

View Full Version : I went out with a black belt in TKD . . .

Judge Pen
01-20-2004, 07:49 AM
. . . and we were talking martial arts. The type of TKD she takes allows you to kick to the head, but not puch to the head and she's never heard of a sweep. WTF?

Brad
01-20-2004, 07:55 AM
My guess is Olympic style... I think she's taking a pure sport version.

dwid
01-20-2004, 07:56 AM
Good for you.

The only really hot girls I've ever seen in martial arts clubs here at OSU were TKD. It's focus on cardio tends to produce a very fit physique in women (or in girlish men);)

sticky fingers
01-20-2004, 08:04 AM
what's she like in the mount?

apoweyn
01-20-2004, 09:15 AM
And we wonder why women don't hang out here. :rolleyes:

dwid
01-20-2004, 09:17 AM
Well, there's the locker-room talk, etc...

And then there's also the fact that there are just so few women that are geeky enough about MA to enjoy this site.

:D

Oso
01-20-2004, 09:19 AM
cool, JP.

my girl is a brown in TKD from years past. but, I'm teaching her the error of her old ways. If she's not totally brainwashed, she should see something better in what you do.

MasterKiller
01-20-2004, 09:25 AM
That's fine and all, but was she hot? Was she Asian? Was she Bi? And does she have a twin? And do they exhibit any incestuous tendencies?

Judge Pen
01-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by dwid
Good for you.

The only really hot girls I've ever seen in martial arts clubs here at OSU were TKD. It's focus on cardio tends to produce a very fit physique in women (or in girlish men);)

Well that's the other thing. It was a blind date and she was, as my dad would put it, plesently plump. A real pretty girl who knew a lot about TKD (and no other type of MA). To her credit, her father is the instructor and she hasn't worked out since August.

And no, I have no idea how she was in the mount. It was a first date.

Oso: thanks we are supposed to "kick around" this weekend.

MK: She was cute. She wasn't Asian (I'm trying to branch out ;) ) and I have no idea if she was bi. No sisters, but her dad and brother are both 3rd degrees so if we go out often, I should at least have some new sparring partners!

MasterKiller
01-20-2004, 09:38 AM
MK: She was cute. She wasn't Asian (I'm trying to branch out ) and I have no idea if she was bi. No sisters, but her dad and brother are both 3rd degrees so if we go out often, I should at least have some new sparring partners! I guess she'll do until you find a set of hot bisexual incestuous Asian twins to settle down with. You have my blessing. ;)

apoweyn
01-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by dwid
Well, there's the locker-room talk, etc...

And then there's also the fact that there are just so few women that are geeky enough about MA to enjoy this site.

:D

That seems a shame, doesn't it. :)

Judge Pen
01-20-2004, 10:01 AM
I'm just happy to meet a chick that enjoys the martial arts. My last girlfriend gave me hell about all the training time. I've also met girls that think its stupid to "put myself at risk of getting hurt." :rolleyes:

There's a real cute brown sash in my class that I get along great with, but I'm tenative to ask her out because I don't want things to get weird around the class.

dwid
01-20-2004, 11:25 AM
That seems a shame, doesn't it.

I suppose so. Not much to do about it though.

It might add a more balanced perspective to some of the discussions here, maybe not. It seems when girls have posted here in the past, they've sort of developed fan clubs around them, which is kind of weird, and adds to the whole geek vibe here.

Merryprankster
01-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Asking out a classmate worked for me....

Meat Shake
01-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Judge Pen

There's a real cute brown sash in my class that I get along great with, but I'm tenative to ask her out because I don't want things to get weird around the class.

Dude, capitalize on that. No excuses.

"And no, I have no idea how she was in the mount. It was a first date."

So?
:eek:

"That's fine and all, but was she hot? Was she Asian? Was she Bi? And does she have a twin? And do they exhibit any incestuous tendencies?"

Important questions I ask myself before every date.

Oso
01-20-2004, 11:40 AM
classmate dating is only just as tricky as dating a co-worker.

It's worked out well for me 2 out of 3 times.

Tiger_Yin
01-20-2004, 11:41 AM
I soooo need to move. Girls in my town are more worried about getting action then being in shape. God forbid one would try MA :(
Ill go down to Montreal and try to pick up MA hotties :D

SanSoo Student
01-20-2004, 11:46 AM
hmmm well in Canada things are different. Most of the time that's all it takes...

Man, I need to live in Canada!

Judge Pen
01-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Well, I can't say I haven't went out with girls that would mount on the first date, but they are usually not the type I would want that type of action with.

Canadian girls may be different!

Tiger_Yin
01-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Well i didnt believe girls here were as easy as the myths go... so i tested it out with some of the cutest girls i could find and trust me... move to quebec :D

Meat Shake
01-20-2004, 11:59 AM
"Girls in my town are more worried about getting action then being in shape"

So there are a bunch of fat ****s?

****s are cool, fat ones arent.

rogue
01-20-2004, 12:43 PM
There's a real cute brown sash in my class that I get along great with, but I'm tenative to ask her out because I don't want things to get weird around the class. Dude, you do Shaolin Do, your founder was the dog face boy and your master says he can jump off of buildings without getting hurt. Things are well past weird around the class. :D

Meat Shake
01-20-2004, 12:47 PM
"master says he can jump off of buildings without getting hurt."

Dude, thats kuk sool won.
Master Sin swims through water using his pecs, and climbs poles without using his hands or feet.
Get it right dammnit.

Judge Pen
01-20-2004, 01:48 PM
:D LOL

PHILBERT
01-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by EmptyCup

hmmm well in Canada things are different. Most of the time that's all it takes...

Of course, that way, if you catch something, the government pays for it.

Bluesman
01-20-2004, 11:01 PM
JP,
I do hope that you keep us informed of your love life. Most of the funnest posts on here seem to involve you. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to get vapor locked.

gilgamesh
01-20-2004, 11:29 PM
[
meatshake says

nope. you wrong too. it's HwarangDo

NOPE. you and meatshake are wrong. kuk sool won is a respected korean art, as i believe is hwarangdo. you guys were thinking of 'iron kim' :rolleyes:
http://www.chungmoodoe.com/

get your facts straight before you might earn the ire of some reputable arts! :p

gilgamesh
01-20-2004, 11:41 PM
i only speculated on hwarang-do. you may be right, but what i was referring to was meatshake's correction about the master that can jump tall buildings with a single bound ;)
and that's chung moo doe. look at the picture on the main page :eek:

PHILBERT
01-21-2004, 07:03 AM
gilgamesh, you got it wrong. That guy never claimed to jump tall buildings in a single bound, he claimed to jump FROM tall buildings in a single bound.

sticky fingers
01-21-2004, 07:13 AM

you won't. cuz Canadian girls like BJJ

Then they must be great in the mount. Their open guard must be pretty good too

The ex I broke up with last month trains at the same place I do. It was a bit weird at first but that feeling is subsiding. I'm glad she didn't quit because of me like she said she would when we first broke up.

and her fave technique in the mount - GnP - Grind and Pound:p

Shaolinlueb
01-21-2004, 07:45 AM
martial art chicks are :cool: i wish there were more around me :D

Bluesman
01-21-2004, 08:00 AM
If you date a lady who also is a martial artistist you could help her in stretching exercises.

Felipe Bido
01-21-2004, 08:14 AM
DP/PP

Shaolinlueb
01-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Bluesman
If you date a lady who also is a martial artistist you could help her in stretching exercises.

now you're thinking :o

Judge Pen
01-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb

now you're thinking :o

With what part? :D

Shaolinlueb
01-21-2004, 10:47 AM

With what part? :D

your brain of course ;) :D

Judge Pen
01-26-2004, 03:56 PM
. . . and we decide to work out. She shows me some of her forms and I show her some of mine. Then we spar: She's bouncing around with her hands low because I'm not supposed to punch the the head. Then she throws multiple kicks because I'm not supposed to charge, throw, sweep or disrupt her root. Given those parameters, her TKD was pretty good.

rogue
01-26-2004, 04:28 PM
Sport vs fighting.

anton
01-26-2004, 05:44 PM
jump tall buildings in a single bound? no that was superman...

oh well I got another link too. too good to waste.. so I'll post it anyways so we can all be educated on the history of flowering men

http://www.hwarangdo.com/hrd1.htm

'Hwa Rang DoŽ "The way of the Flowering Manhood" or "The art of the Flower Knights," ' Which translation do you prefer?

I'm not supposed to [...]disrupt her root. Given those parameters, her TKD was pretty good.
It might be good, but given that particular parameter it might get real boring real quick. Just thank God you don't practice "The way of the Flowering Manhood" or your repertoir would really be limited by that rule.

muahahaha, let the sexual inuendo continue!

blooming lotus
01-26-2004, 06:53 PM
. . . and we were talking martial arts. The type of TKD she takes allows you to kick to the head, but not puch to the head and she's never heard of a sweep. WTF?

I more or less started with tkd myself...and I'm hearin ya! It seriously blows me away that I can see tkd black belts and supposed masters giving demos and in comps and lil old me..never fails to find the gap??? wtf is an understatement! Can't knock it for a ftwk base...but wouldn't count on it...if ya hearin me:eek:

Oh and by the way..if you have nothing informative to say..I highly recommend sex and smut...no one will ever know the difference ;)