PDA

View Full Version : It's about time! :)

Chris McKinley
01-13-2001, 07:33 AM
Hey, this is cool. Any other TCM docs or enthusiasts out there? Any other kinds of energy medicine also?

Repulsive Monkey
04-13-2001, 12:23 AM
Im currently studying TCM and 5-element Acupuncture at the moment.

fiercest tiger
04-14-2001, 04:13 PM
i studied some dit dar medicine in hongkong, finished my diploma in remidial massage and i am a level 2 reiki healer.

i want to study more on stomach, and bowl massage for healing different illnesses and longevity.

peace

yaukungmun@hotmail.com

kronos
04-25-2001, 04:28 PM
I am a bodyworker, but would love to study Qi healing, but not really acupuncture from a reputable instructor or school. Where did you guys train and how would you rate your training? So much of what passes for education in this country is new age bs designed to groundlessly raise your self esteem, make you feel all warm and fuzzy but teach you very little. I dont mind putting in the years of study it makes me a better practitioner.

Fluffy

Kevin Wallbridge
04-27-2001, 05:30 AM
I'm in a unique position. I teach at a school of Chinese medicine , but I'm also a student at the school.

I'm trained as a medical anthropologist, while gathering thesis material I lived in China for a year and studied Faqi/Qigong healing. At the college I teach Qigong/Taijiquan, medical history and ethics.

I have already studied acupuncture, with Roger Langrick (d. 2000), who was the first liscenced acupunturist in North America, but I wanted to study the whole medical program. My reason for doing so is to improve my martial arts.

As for the quality of schools, it really depends on where it is and what local laws govern private education. Here in BC, Canada, the legislation is moving fast ahead to not just liscence acupuncture, but all of Chinese medicine. This promises to raise the standard here.

The school I'm at is the Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences www.acos.org (http://www.acos.org) . One of the things I like about our approach is the language requirement. We feel that the more of the medicine you can access in the language of origin (Mandarin in this case) the greater the clarity of understanding.

"The heart of the study of boxing is to have natural instinct resemble the dragon" Wang Xiangzai

origenx
04-29-2001, 07:45 PM
Kevin - Where in China did you live for a year? How did you choose your instructor there - was it arranged by this school? Is this school only in Canada?