PDA

View Full Version : Kelly S. Worden's travel wrench

Can-O-Bud
01-22-2004, 04:08 AM
Just reading about Kelly S. Worden's travel wrench.

Does anyone have any other ideas about everyday objects that can be used in a self defense situations.

Keys, coins, etc....

yenhoi
01-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Belt, magazine, pen, sunglasses, labtop...

:confused:

Can-O-Bud
01-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Any techniques associated with these objects?

yenhoi
01-27-2004, 01:07 AM
pen to poke at eyes, throat, ribs, kidneys, bladder, sternum, armpit, biceps, palm of hand, knuckles, use as fistpack.

magazine you can fold up and use it to poke at things. Pictures at www.fightingarts.com somewhere.

You can break sunglasses and use them to cut or poke with. You can also throw them, they are lightweight and eratic.

I can "pop" a belt like a straight nunchaku strike pretty well. The buckle end is a heavy blunt weapon. Wrap it around things like his neck, etc.

Keys and coins you can throw or use as fistpack. Enough to buy time to get another weapon or to cover.

:confused:

manofkent
01-28-2004, 02:24 AM
As i said in a recent post, the only weapon i have ever needed is my metal kobutan, its basicly a keyring bout as long as ur middle finger and as thick as ur lil finger, made of metal. there is a blunt point at the top for use on presure points, joints and temples. just go to google.com and type in kobutan, they cost bout £5, dont know how much in the U.S.

If u like bladed weapons, u could also find an old car key and lightly sharpen it.

Can-O-Bud
01-28-2004, 02:56 AM
Cool, I might get one of those.

I usually have a mini maglight torch when I'm out which, I suppose, could work the same way. Its about 5 inches long.

On one of the site selling the kobutan, it says a blow to the ribs is very effective. Can anyone expand on this?

manofkent
01-28-2004, 06:06 AM
Ur mag light prob has a flat bottom. the kobutan has a pointed top that is used to strike, blunt enough to not perce the skin and the small surface area creates an impact like being shot.

intence pain is caused when striking flesh over bone, such as sholders, ribs, cheeks and thighs, which can cause the entire body to temporarily go limp.

also its really painfull when wrapped round the back of the hand. this happened to me recently when i did not realise my mate was holding it when he took a hook at me as a joke. i blocked with my hand and ive still got the bruse a month later.

The kobutan is small which is good for three reasons:-
1, u can put it on ur keys, and its accessable when walking with hands in pockets.
2, Ur attacker prob wont know u are holding it till after u hit him/her.
3, and the thing i kike the most is that ur attacker will have a ***** of a time trying to disarm u, it is really hard to get a small item off of someone only use one hand.

be safe though, cos they are much more dangours than u think, i sugest u buy a book on using the kobutan before u use it.

Ray Pina
02-18-2004, 11:42 AM
paper clip