PDA

View Full Version : Internal sylists and the mysterious bulging gut

Stranger
01-22-2004, 05:23 AM
Some internal stylists claim that the source of their bulging waistlines is their abdominal breathing work. Their abdominal organs can't grow, can they? Is it just fat? Why would breathing a certain way push somebody's gut out permanently? When they exhale, wouldn't it return to normal? Can breathing wrong during abdominal exercises create a similar look?

Thanks in advance for any help in answering these questions.

IronFist
01-22-2004, 11:06 AM
I dunno. I guess it could be stretched out. There was that one jazz trumpet player from a while ago whose cheeks were HUGE from puffing them out while playing the trumpet all the time.

Granted, they teach you not to puff your cheeks out when you play an instrument, but look at how years of doing it stretched his cheeks out. So, I guess it's possible to stretch stuff like that.

Stranger
01-22-2004, 08:08 PM
I can see how that would lead to loose skin and/or stretch marks, but what is inside the bubble gut? :confused:

IronFist
01-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Stranger
but what is inside the bubble gut? :confused:

Chi :D

rubthebuddha
01-22-2004, 09:06 PM
Chi not quite. actually, it's pocky. (http://www.alde.com/anime/regpocky.JPG) :D

SanSoo Student
01-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Hahaha....

That's great humor.:p

IronFist
01-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Pocky > me

edit - wait let me rephrase that. I like Pocky a lot, but I don't worship them the way otakus do.

Golden Arms
01-23-2004, 03:33 PM
From what I understand, its from compacting the organs down and into a smaller space..this is the source of the famed 'Buddha Belly', found from doing buddhist breathing practices. I know this..I have a six pack, but from the side, my belly still sticks out after 7 years of breathing like this. I cant speak for the taoist/reverse breathing style, as I have not practiced it anywhere near as much as the buddhist. Hope that helps.

Losttrak
01-24-2004, 12:03 AM
yup buddha belly is real... I have one lol. Once you start the habit of deep breathing, the diaphragm muscles become quite developed. Even when I was super skinny I had it... bah. Its the same with body builders. Their developed abs appear to almost be a belly until flexed. Its natural.

blooming lotus
01-24-2004, 01:32 AM
I've really gotta disagree with the whole belly bloat and body building theory. I know quite a few international and state competor body builders and maybe it depends where they are in their cycle, but I've never seen it on them? :confused: I've also been doing qigong for years and my belly is anything but??? LOL.. Maybe I'm doing wrong

IronFist
01-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Some pro bodybuilders get distended guts from too much GH use.

blooming lotus
01-26-2004, 01:32 AM
What is GH?

bodhitree
01-26-2004, 06:30 AM
Just fat. Not enough Yang training. all gut.

manofkent
01-26-2004, 07:21 AM
Well ive also bin doing qigong for a while and my sifu for 45yrs, his belly in just normal, when i told him bout this post he laughed and said u get budda belly when u eat and drink too much and train when ur still full, you train ur whole body but not ur stomach cos if u do u'll get a stomach ache. so the fat roung the stomach dont get burned off.

rubthebuddha
01-26-2004, 11:17 AM
blooming lotus -- growth hormone. much badness.

blooming lotus
01-26-2004, 06:07 PM
lol...OK OK ..i UNDERSTAND ...HAD EX....MUAY THAI HERO ....:p

hEY MANO....TELL YOUR SIFU i CAN HIM TRYING TO BE FUNNY...BUT HE'S WRONG....

SLIGHT PERSONAL REVELATION...i OFTEN SAY TO MYSELF MID TRAINING SESS....." AND ON a FULL BELLY"...BUT STILL HAVE NO BLOAT.....

WHAT THE HELL DOES A CHICK HAVE TO DO TO GET ONE OF THOSE....YOU NEARLY CONVINCED ME i WANTED ONE
:rolleyes: