PDA

View Full Version : diet and acupunture

Ma_Xu_Zha
01-16-2001, 05:30 PM
From my experience, my accupunturist would not even consider accupunture until you did the 'chi' diet for several months which was to eliminate all 'hot and 'cold' energy foods, these are extremes of yin and yang.

the diet suggested foods in the neutral, warm and cool since they are 'middle' foods. the theory is if there is no good chi cause of bad diet, accuputure is useless. its like turning on a faucet and no water flows. Even though there is always chi in the body, it needs to circulate good chi.

the same goes for her herbal formulas. if you do the herbs and not the diet, then your just wasting her time.

ddh
01-21-2001, 12:54 AM
Just curious, what is the name of you chinese doctor and where is he located?

[This message was edited by ddh on 01-21-01 at 05:00 PM.]

origenx
01-21-2001, 08:18 PM
Hmm, eat only "neutral" foods? Hadn't heard that one. Surely, different foods are known to have different effects - e.g. the 5 flavors - spicy, sweet, salty, etc. all have their specific effects. Are these considered "extremes?" Anyways, I thought you could tailor your diet with them to fit your body's specific needs at the time.

brucelee2
01-21-2001, 09:08 PM
Ma Xu Sa-

What are these extreme hot/cold yang/yin foods that patients weren't supposed to eat?

thanks

Ma_Xu_Zha
01-22-2001, 12:18 AM
Actually my doctor is Amy Tseng and she lives now in Hawaii.

the paramenters on the diet are for when you are sick-

dont eat cold energy foods like raw foods and vegetables, sushu and cold cuts, salads-
eliminate fire foods like - spicy, barbecued, coffee, sugars, greasy foods, oily foods, smoking, alcohol. griled foods, deep fried foods.

also those foods can be eaten rarely when your back to health. salads and cold energy foods are more permissable in tropical regions and/or hot summer conditions.

the general category for warm foods are noodles , rice,breads, teas, warm water, steamed, boiled, simmered and stewed vegetables and meats.
-ma