PDA

View Full Version : My wife saw a drive by...

SevenStar
01-23-2004, 12:30 AM
bad stuff started two nights ago. to make a long story short, - someone tried to break into my neighbor's truck. They got his subs, stashed them in some bushes so they could come back for them and made off with his amp. My wife got a good description of the guy as he ran off. She alerted us, but the guy was gone by the time she got to us. The subs were found and recovered. The cops took 2 hrs and 5 mins. to show up...

In a completely unrelated event, when I came in from training, my wife told me that while she was on her way to the store, this car drove up going really slow. After she passed them, they got in her lane, stopped the car, and then shots broke out. when she looked in the rear view mirror, she could see the guys shooting out of the car. She was really shaken up, but is better now. It's just irking her that these two situations happened within a day of eachother...

SanSoo Student
01-23-2004, 01:38 AM
Glad nothing happened to her.

Liokault
01-23-2004, 04:20 AM
On a similar crime related theme:

Report in the papers yesterday shows that in the UK we are now imprisoning more drivers (driving related crime) than burgulars. Even if you take out the figuars for people who really need to go to prison, such as causing death by dangerouse driving/ Repeat drink driving etc we still imprisoned 3000 more people for minor drivibg offenses than for burgulry!

My house was robbed last year (it was the fault of the police directly that it got robbed, but thats a differant thread), the guy to take the finger prints turned up 2 days latter and the police came round 3 days latterf.

scotty1
01-23-2004, 06:27 AM
Its for reasons like this that our prisons are stuffed to breaking point.

rogue
01-23-2004, 06:48 AM
Got guns?

apoweyn
01-23-2004, 07:15 AM
Sorry for your wife Sevenstar. That's a lot to deal with.

SevenStar
01-23-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by rogue
Got guns?

nope.