PDA

View Full Version : The time to hold back and the time destroy your opponent

Ironwind
01-23-2004, 02:17 PM
I have never had a one on one confrontation except for in training and even full brunt against my master is like fighting a small battalion. How do you take yourself out of "fightmode"? I have done so but only when it furthered need for survival. What I want to know is what is the key in having mercy for your opponent?
What feelings are most likely to come after pulling out of such a mentally concentrated thinking pattern?

SevenStar
01-24-2004, 10:20 PM
That's a control issue. you have to be able to flip the killer instinct switch on and off. For most people, that's not a problem anyway - simple everyday moral beliefs/ethics code will stop you from doing anything too drastic.

Ironwind
01-24-2004, 10:31 PM
How do you gain control other wise?

KWUsCRD
01-25-2004, 01:39 PM
You gain control by constantly assessing the situation.

If during the fight you can properly determine the lengths you will have to go in order to end the fight, you will know exactly when you can end it.

SanSoo Student
01-25-2004, 01:51 PM
You could try to become a pacificist.:)

rogue
01-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Don't have a animal or rage setting. The colder you can be the better off. This is real important if you carry a knife or even more so a handgun.

Ironwind
01-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by rogue
Don't have a animal or rage setting. The colder you can be the better off. This is real important if you carry a knife or even more so a handgun.

I really need to that, my hot-headedness is one of my weaknesses. I should really work on that.Cold and Stoic, is hard to do, but I'll try.

Thanx, for the advice all.

Also wondering, if I'm colder wouldn't I be quicker to kill than put my foot an opponents buttox.

I do have contact with "mary":D , and she makes me calm, but thats the only way in a fight.

Vash
01-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Ironwind
Cold and Stoic, is hard to do, but I'll try.

Stoics tend to be pompous @$$holes. But cold and analytical in a dangerous situation = good thing.

Ironwind
01-25-2004, 09:51 PM
ooooooooooooooooh!
I see...........
Anylitical I am
Plenty mean too
It's just hard to stop..........
It feels good.
It's like my version sexual contact.
I think I'm addicted to power or something now that i think about it more.

I think i might need a pummel patch or something.

I dont start fights, they come, and I feel while I'm fighting I'm giving what they diserve...................

Oops.

Iv'e been punishing my opponents for sins they might not have commited against me.

But, I still haven't been beaten ( technically )

I think I'm going to make some phone calls and make some apoligies.

jus hope I can apoligize in a manner that doesn't sound like I'm bragging.

Okay maybe I'll fight the same, but apoligize later.......no

I might kick somebody too hard and thier knee fly out of place.

Thats hard to apoligize for, they'd never forgive me.

okay maybe I should hit and run!?

But doesn't that almost promise another confrontation?

I'm a bucket of questions.

:confused: :confused:

Vash
01-26-2004, 02:00 AM
Medication could help with those feelings.

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 02:16 AM
lol

I needed a laugh

thanks

:)

manofkent
01-26-2004, 06:08 AM
set yourself a limit before you fight!!!!!!!!!!!1

If its a mate or someone that is out of control, say to ur self that u just need to break a nose or finger to shock ur oponent (nothing long term) then after 1-2 blows try to exit the fight. If its a serious attack and they have a weapon, tell ur self that u need to break arms and ribs, take the eyes and groin, then get out. unless this guys about to kill u or ur sis (or its bin laden) then just do the least u have to and get out.

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by manofkent
set yourself a limit before you fight!!!!!!!!!!!1

If its a mate or someone that is out of control, say to ur self that u just need to break a nose or finger to shock ur oponent (nothing long term) then after 1-2 blows try to exit the fight. If its a serious attack and they have a weapon, tell ur self that u need to break arms and ribs, take the eyes and groin, then get out. unless this guys about to kill u or ur sis (or its bin laden) then just do the least u have to and get out.

Thanks thats not so hard to do.

Being a pacifist *quivers*yuck.
I need action.

manofkent
01-28-2004, 02:09 AM
No probs, obv some times, like if its a surprise attack u dont have time to think bout it, but before i go pulling death moves, make sure its not ur mate ****ing about, always see the persons face before u do any real damage. And dont do an Ed Norton is fight club where he smashes that guys face over and over. We are not in old china, its not always a dual to the death.

Toby
01-28-2004, 02:46 AM
Ironwind, I'm guessing you're either very young or very weird. Either way, you won't be able to keep up that mentality for long.

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Toby
Ironwind, I'm guessing you're either very young or very weird. Either way, you won't be able to keep up that mentality for long.

Both, and I hope not thats why I created the thread.
To mature my mentallity.
:D

Toby
01-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks for not taking my comments as a flame. That shows (uncommon) internet maturity for starters, so you're doing alright.

OK, if you're not young, but you are weird, you'll end up in the big house if you go around hurting people beyond reasonable means.

If you're not weird, but are young, you'll grow up and realise that you'll get far more respect if you're humble. Heard the saying "Speak softly and carry a big stick"?

If you're young and weird hopefully you won't end up as the 1st case. What you may need is to meet an opponent who is bigger/older/stronger/better than you and who is of a similar mentality. Someone who shows you what an arsehole a person is who hurts someone for the sake of it. E.g. if someone stomps your knee, that's potentially a lifelong injury. That sort of thing sucks. Same as damaging eyes etc. Sure, there might be a place for those techniques, but you have to justify them. If someone deserves them, fine. If not, don't do it. E.g. if someone breaks into my house, I'd be quite happy to break bones and stomp joints. I wouldn't go for eyes. If someone threatens my family, I'll go for anything to stop them. Use techniques that fit the situation. Sure, you can enjoy it, but you have to be willing to receive what you're giving. If you're going to stomp a knee, would you feel happy/feel you deserved it to get your knee stomped?

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Surely not.
I'm starting to see what my rage has done.
and please don't send 7* to whoop my butt.
I think it's my fault for what I've done, sometimes.
I was just never used to it as i grew older. Always getting jumped and hurt because i used to be fat. I was depressed because of it, and then after I learned 3 months of MA I completly beat my bullies sensless. I sent all five to the hospital. Then I was nine. I just became either addicted to the feeling of power through my insecurity or maybe it's that I never forgave my attackers and take out my left over anger on the next group of ish talkers.
Either way I was wrong for letting my :mad: get in the way of my :D .
I 've been getting more into my training to keep my mind and my body occupied and trying taking my anger out by trying to put a hole in my heavy bag.
I also think that I might not yet need to go through this challenge on Saturday.
Some student at a tang soo do school in waterbury ,Ct.

I dont know his level or his art what if he tags me alot and i get vexxed on him I don't think I'm ready for the responsibility of noy hurting him. I'm too close to 18. Besides I'm having doubts because I have a kink in my shoulder and a pain in my lower back when I'm not in stance. I don't think I'm 1oo%. It could give him an edge against me, he's trained to fight me he says since the summer of 03'. If i lose I'll be upset i know it. So I won't go just yet.
Thanks Toby.

Toby
01-28-2004, 10:39 PM
If you defend yourselves from the bullies and thereby whoop their asses, that's fine. If you go after them 3 months later and attack them when they're not threatening you, that's not so cool. That'd make you like Dubya vs Saddam, and you don't want that ;). As to the whole anger thing, you don't want that. It causes mistakes. Think Luke vs Darth in TESB. Darth stays cool and kicks ass. Luke loses his temper and almost dies. Well, fictional situation and all, but anyway. Also, you can use coolness as an aid. Try to cause anger in your opponent, not you. The best fighters tend to be cool, but I always enjoy seeing a fighter who laughs at his opponent, or taunts them. This suits a ****y mentality, so you have to be able to back up with action or risk being a joke. If you have an (unprofessional) opponent who can't handle being laughed at or taunted, they will lose their cool and start making mistakes. People who lose their temper tend to overcommit and open themselves up. Your brain is your greatest weapon.

With your upcoming fight, if you're not 100%, don't fight. No shame in that. Fighters of different codes do it all the time. I don't know the particulars of your injury, but you don't want to exacerbate anything. As to losing, don't be upset. Use it as a learning tool. Humans learn best from mistakes. If you make one (and you're smart), you won't usually make the same one again. Maybe you could video the fight or something. You gain far more respect from fighting and losing than from not fighting at all. If it's a personal thing (which it sounds like it is) you may both struggle to keep your tempers, but try to and you'll be helping yourself a lot.

As to being fat, no problem with that as long as you're active, i.e. not a couch potato. Best thing about being fat? There's a lot of potential for being strong as well. Big people tend to be strong. Also, mass can give you an advantage in that your opponent might struggle to upset your balance. There are a lot of ways to reduce your weight if that's what you want. Diet and cardio will help if you do it properly.

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 10:50 PM

As to being fat, no problem with that as long as you're active, i.e. not a couch potato.

I used to be fat when I was nine, now I'm a lean mean kung-fu machine.

Still working on the glutes though. Females keep harasing my buttox. At first it was kinda fun being squeezed and all now it's getting in my way. I'm semi involved with two females trying to bring it down to one. I dont need the world touching and feeling on me, so i'm working my glutes into non-existance. :D
It might not happen, but at least they won't touch it if i tell'm it hurts.

Toby
01-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Well, it's impossible to spot-reduce fat, but if you want muscly glutes, try deadlifting. Heavy DLing really works both my glutes and hamstrings, like no other exercise. Heavy squats too.

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 11:15 PM
I squat 250lbs 15x
225lbs 20x
200lbs 30x
Or until failure

My max squat was 435lbs

Dead Lift is another story I should look next time I pick up the bar.
Dont fel like walking down to he cold basement.

I just do that until failure after doing my squat exercise for a cool down and a warmup for 2 minutes contious lifting. ( not nearly as much as my squat )

Toby
01-28-2004, 11:31 PM
With free weights? Impressive. More than me. My best so far is 314lbs x 5. Dunno about endurance reps, like 15-30x since that doesn't interest me. More than 7* too. He does 400lbs, dunno reps or what his 1RM is. What style do you do them? E.g. powerlifting like me (wide stance, feet turned out, low bar, thighs to parallel), or (narrow stance, feet more parallel, high bar, butt to ground) like Ironfist?

I shouldn't have mentioned DLing because of your back. I find them very therapeutic for my lower back, which I've also had some minor muscular problems with in the last 6 months. But I'm also aware of the load they put on your lower back. So if you know how to do them, do them carefully and with good form. Don't hurt your back. If you haven't done them before, start with light weight and really get the form right before lifting heavy. The action puts a lot of stress on your hamstrings and butt when done right. I feel the stretch in them just getting into the starting position. Load the stretched muscles up with a few hundred pounds and it's a great workout.

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 11:42 PM
I do them shoulder width, and wide (for the springyness effect).
All squats i do are paralell.

Ironfist must have an Ironass unlike me if he's doing butt to the ground.

I don't think I'm game to go that low.

Thats what makes it a style of lifting because I'm limited do some of these exercises. :D

Toby
01-28-2004, 11:52 PM
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25496

You need flexibility to go that low. Plus you're going to be lifting a whole lot less when going that low (unless you're Arnold - see pic ;)).

Ironwind
01-29-2004, 12:13 AM
tHATS ONLY 445LBS

Ironwind
01-29-2004, 12:17 AM
tHATS ONLY 445LBS

i STILL CANT DO IT THAT
the butt low thing.

But thats how i did my max going parallel.
My little 4x4 has my heel imprints in it.

And because of the extra strain I have foot muscles, still looking for toe muscles.LOL

Ironwind
01-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey That sorta looks parallel now that i looked closer.
Go Ahhhnold, Go !:D

Toby
01-29-2004, 12:35 AM
I can't tell how much it is by the pic (20lb or 25lb plates?), but if you can do 445 Olympic style, you could be doing quite a bit more powerlifting style, like maybe 600 or more. They're both big amounts, anyway. Wouldn't catch me saying only. I can't do them like Arnold in the pic. I'm like the 2nd pic. No way could I do my max with my legs as close as Arnie's, or my butt that low. I hit parallel, or just below, then that's it. Arnie's is lower than mine, and I suspect he goes lower than that in that sequence.

If you can do 445 lbs at 17 years old, you should maybe look into competitive powerlifting in the future. Got a good bench too?

Ironwind
01-29-2004, 12:40 AM
I tried to squat 500lbs and landed on my ass with the weigths in their spotters.
My bench sucks.
I'm only maxing 280lbs.
I want to do 300lbs.
But i just can't hack it

Toby
01-29-2004, 12:47 AM
If you really are doing that much @ 17, then look into powerlifting. With some training and experience you could be competitive.

Ironwind
01-29-2004, 12:54 AM
My MA and my lifting coencide and I do anything that show my strengths in private.
I thoguht about it but, it would break the rules i agreed to when beginning My fight sessions.

CaptinPickAxe
01-31-2004, 03:06 PM
I didn't read the thread, only the title. So excuse me if this is monotonous.

Crushing the Opponenet:
I belive when ones life is threatened then it is time to consider more devestating moves. When there is a serious handicap (like 4 on 1) then it is time to start breaking arms and such. When you lose control of the fight it is time to start considering more dirty moves. When he has a knife (and I have to stress you must be trained with a live blade to be comfortable in this situation) it is time to seriously consider permanatly damaging the opponent or exstinguishing his life.

Handing him his ass:
when the situation is under control and it is purely one on one with no weapons.

These are my views and don't reflect anyone else's.

SevenStar
02-01-2004, 02:07 PM
My MA and my lifting coencide and I do anything that show my strengths in private.
I thoguht about it but, it would break the rules i agreed to when beginning My fight sessions.

competing breaks the rules of your training?

SevenStar
02-01-2004, 02:13 PM
With free weights? Impressive. More than me. My best so far is 314lbs x 5. Dunno about endurance reps, like 15-30x since that doesn't interest me. More than 7* too. He does 400lbs, dunno reps or what his 1RM is.

Last I checked, I was hitting 5 - 7 with 405. I usally do sets of 10 with 315, as I'm not interested in making my legs any bigger than they already are.

What style do you do them? E.g. powerlifting like me (wide stance, feet turned out, low bar, thighs to parallel)

that's how I do mine.

Toby
02-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Sorry to bring you into this 7*. But you're the only one who posts amounts, plus you're the resident tough guy :D. Anyway, I'm done with this clown after his recent posts so I kinda regret trying to help him out :(.

SevenStar
02-02-2004, 01:02 AM
yeah, that Tyson thing was pitiful...

Gangsterfist
02-03-2004, 04:58 PM
This is a hard question to answer. With training of Kung Fu (or any martial art) yields the power to defend yourself. With power comes responsibility. To track down bullies who have bullied you in the past and beat them into the ground and hospitalize them is an act of vengence. I can't speak for everyone, but it can be commonly assumed this is not advocated in kung fu training. Especially with a budhist outlook. Now you do not have to accept eastern philosophy to practice kung fu, however it is an added bonus of your training.

In the few encounters I have been in, I have avoided the situation completely. Your training should eventually yield a sense, that can detect violent situations occuring. I don't have to prove myself to anybody, and if some drunk at a bar fights me I don't want to beat him up for several reasons.

1) There really is no point to it.
2) I don't want to be sued
3) I don't want to go to jail, they can and will press charges on you.
4) They could possibly be a better fighter or armed, and I dont want to end up dead or in the hospital.

Now, if someone mugs me they will get hit. If they come at me with a lethal weapon and there is a struggle I will end their life. I don't want to be stabbed or shot. Of course my fist reaction would be to give up my wallet no questions asked, but if it came down to it I would end them as soon as possible. When someone gets lethal with you, you can only assume the worst. You have no idea if you are going to survive a stab wound, or a gun shot. Plus I would prefer to be shot and/or stabbed zero times.

So when you learn devastating techniques it is your responsibility to control them, or you might suffer the consequences.

Toby
02-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Gangsterfist
With power comes responsibility.Nice :). Like the Spiderman (actually Uncle Ben) quote. Best part of the movie. I believe it was also a recurring theme in the comics (from waaay back when I used to read them). Unfortunately I now think Ironwind was just a troll, so your post (while excellent) was wasted :(.

guardianronin
02-04-2004, 09:14 PM
hey i was reading these posts and i came across the fact that you were supposed to fight some kid from waterbury who takes tang soo do. i think i know what school you are talking about because there is a big school in that area called cheezic tang soo do. they teach at my college and the pretty much suck(not bashing tang soo do because it is a good art, just that these people don't do it well). you said that you were afraid that you would lose the fight but if it is the school i am thinking of as long as you got the basics down and have a strong soul you would have won.

well about your post knowing when to stop in a fight i have some idea what you are feeling. i get really ****ed sometimes and feel that if i started something i would not stop. i have always stopped myself before i get into a fight but the thing is that you have to remember that the better man is the humble quiet guy that knows he may have the upper hand but decides not to fight. i have made some pretty good friends and gained a lot of respect from standing my ground but not fighting. when things are really going bad quick and you know you have to fight don't hold back, but if you are in a fight with some stupid guy give him just enough til he decides to stop.

No_Know
02-05-2004, 11:00 AM
"How do you take yourself out of "fightmode"? "

Perhaps not switch for you to turn on or off. More like a gague or those meters for audio. They fluxuate with the intensity-ish. Get a readyness/anxious gague for threat. Mildly active when you are out and about. But canrapidly rise when you notice someone looking over your shoulder and you hear silence the shape of a person where there is at least slight noise. And your subconcious can provide input to this gague.

With a threat gague having your perceptions tied in, no worries of being Angry too long. Instead of turn on and forget to turn off, have a sensor and act/react more appropriately than making the situation to survive a guess--geuss there might be more; guess they mean to be mean, speculation. Merely aware of your awareness.-ish

"What I want to know is what is the key in having mercy for your opponent?"

If you ever thought later I wish I hadn't done that, or had regrets, then when you fight know that there's an after, an accounting. And A crippled person can be less employable. Know your neighborhood economics, If a person looses work does a family suffer. If you press the attack and they get lucky because you are ****y (arrogant/smug) do you getyr a limp for life? Forget about ever running again. Do you get an unsightly cut because something happened you didn't figure on?

Don't bet a hundred thousand pounds to chance a million pounds.

The idea was to get a lot of money, not the most. Greed breeds need. Risk your life, your parents need their child back, siblings need their brother, friends need their friend, Because you wanted to feel vent of hitting someone, beaten some more?

Consider Mercy as your saving Grace.

Whatever whatever, some might think.

Ray Pina
02-18-2004, 11:40 AM
From years of training with classmates and friends, I worry about not being cruel enough ... I hold back a lot of strikes when I have good position and could deliever an unincumbered blow.

On the other hand, on the street you just start doing your thing. I think the issue -- not to sound Kung Fu-ish -- is inside of you. Do you have a lot of built up anger? Why?

This could also be a negative for you in fighting, making you choose agressive, though foolosh options; charging in mindlessly.

At the same time, don't put a premium on damage. Do what needs to be done to end the situation so you can walk or run away SAFELY.

Ironwind
02-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Yes Mike Tyson is slow and predictable (except for his ear biting) lol. Yes, Sevenstar my squat is 405 now 425. Stopping is a problem. I have had my match reset to sometome in the summer. Then I'll be 110%. But until then.
Later.
And Thanks for the feedback.

SevenStar
02-21-2004, 07:48 PM
could you take out tyson?

freehand
02-22-2004, 08:58 AM

Heh. Not by boxing him. Problem with boxers is that many of them know street fighting, too. If someone just boxed against my traditional kung fu, he'd learn the difference between sport and combat. There are, of course, plenty of sportsmen who could take me (old, average speed, short) but I'd have the advantage of fighting for real. Only rules I would obey in a fight are the laws of physics, and that's just because I don't know how to get around them :)

Someone asked my sifu once how many people he could beat up in a fight, and he said "Ten. If they're drunk enough."

Regarding "how far to go". Hand combat can lead to death. You shouldn't fight unless you are willing to die or kill. Suppose you respond to taunts with a palm to the face? Your taunter gets up with a broken nose, pulls the knife from his back pocket, and suddenly it's a fight to the death. Or you uproot and toss him backwards, and his head hits ths curb or corner of a table.

If he tried to mug you, these moves are justified, but not because he dissed you or "looked at you funny". Think of an off duty cop with a pistol in his pocket - when can he shoot people? That's when you can rightfully use your techniques. And when this cop has to shoot, he also has to stop shooting when he gains control of the situation - that is when we have to stop hitting or breaking.

Ironwind, a duel is not evil - your oponent enters into this willingly. But death or crippling injury can result. Do you trust him not to sue you if his knee breaks? Are you willing to go to jail if he is killed or hospitalized?

Sifu said "If you get into a fight and win, your nose will be bloody, your favorite shirt will be ripped, and you'll go to jail. If you do this unnecessarily, you are not doing good self-defense."

Ironwind
02-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
could you take out tyson?

Yes in a street fight, but no by just boxing. I have carefully taken the replies and thoughts aimed at me on this website with careful consideration and hvae decided that thier maybe no first hand exerinced combatants here considering the fact that i am too mature to answer in such away that would make me a complete Jack azz. I'll just say to all that think I may be some "troll". That reading a book on martial arts doesn't mean you know it. Though some teachings of it on tape are very discriptive.

Now, if your an old dude ranking on a 17 year old you have your own problems to deal with. I've settled my spirit in Understanding and Training.
Also I dont care how tough you are if you leave your self open to multiple jabs or to any attack against an experinced fighter your basically asking for a mighty whooping Iron Mike or not.

So if you're not clocking 80 mph kicks and punches then Ok most likely youre not ready for me.
And I have also considered going against the code and competing.
i've listed my styles and moves sepratly after they were revealed to me by my master and I have enough knowledge to be a sifu.

Now if I never show up again I'm busy doing what I should always be doing, Training and Studying to be the best I can.

See ya in the funny papers.

Toby
02-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Please don't leave, Ironwind! We need your 17 yr old, strongest guy on the forum, sifu-level techniques! :rolleyes:

If you ever do get to fight Tyson, let us know on the forum when it's coming up. Not in a street fight, but Tyson's in K1 now, so maybe K1 rules/competition. I wanna see him demolish you on pay-per-view.

As to the troll bit, well, you do come across as a troll. I mean, you come on here with a reasonable question, then follow up with how you're stronger than everyone here and can beat up Tyson, while being afraid of an unknown monk in another thread. WTF?! The "reading a book" comment - who's that targeted at? I don't read MA books. I learn MA.

Lastly, after reviewing the thread, even though you "have enough knowledge to be a sifu", you don't have the mental side right.

Talking about destroying your opponent:

It's just hard to stop..........
It feels good.
It's like my version sexual contact.
I think I'm addicted to power or something now that i think about it more.

I think i might need a pummel patch or something.

I dont start fights, they come, and I feel while I'm fighting I'm giving what they diserve...................

Oops.

Iv'e been punishing my opponents for sins they might not have commited against me.

etc.

Of course, I may be wrong about everything. You may, at 17, be freakishly strong with unnatural skill and a psychotic mindset. No-one in the world can defeat you. If so, my original post stands. You'll probably end up in the big house.

scotty1
02-27-2004, 06:05 AM
This is quite funny, you're pretty self-assured Ironwind thinking you can beat Iron Mike.

Ironwind
03-03-2004, 09:02 AM
You know yeah I brag when given the proper information of an opponent. I'm not supposed to brag and I know it, that's part of the mental thing.
But, I'm not just training on my physical I'm also training my mental, trying to mature.
Sorry for all the attitude.
Trolling yeah I do tend to play the background, but whatever I'll be here when I can. When I'm completely bored.

SevenStar
03-04-2004, 01:25 AM

Yes in a street fight, but no by just boxing. I have carefully taken the replies and thoughts aimed at me on this website with careful consideration and hvae decided that thier maybe no first hand exerinced combatants here considering the fact that i am too mature to answer in such away that would make me a complete Jack azz. I'll just say to all that think I may be some "troll". That reading a book on martial arts doesn't mean you know it. Though some teachings of it on tape are very discriptive.

Now, if your an old dude ranking on a 17 year old you have your own problems to deal with. I've settled my spirit in Understanding and Training.
Also I dont care how tough you are if you leave your self open to multiple jabs or to any attack against an experinced fighter your basically asking for a mighty whooping Iron Mike or not.

So if you're not clocking 80 mph kicks and punches then Ok most likely youre not ready for me.
And I have also considered going against the code and competing.
i've listed my styles and moves sepratly after they were revealed to me by my master and I have enough knowledge to be a sifu.

Now if I never show up again I'm busy doing what I should always be doing, Training and Studying to be the best I can.

See ya in the funny papers.

I don't think you're a troll, but if you think you can take tyson anywhere, you are deluded. Go against "the code" and compete. If you are half as good as you claim, then the CMA world needs you. in the meantime, I'll continue with my MT, judo and bjj, going with "the code" and competing.

Ironwind
03-04-2004, 09:26 PM
I will eventually compete when I have reached a point where I think I can't improve anymore in the techniques I already know.
Seven Star, Thanks for the intrest.

I'm 17 now, I'll try an join one of these fighting tournaments in Two Years. A little less than one til I'm 18 and the other for my training I've been slipping, during my absence I've been getting on the ball.

Well I've gotta get to sleep.

Talk to you later

I've gotta real intresting story in the future for another thread

I get my butt whooped in it

Won't you be glad to hear how it happens.

CaptinPickAxe
03-05-2004, 04:49 AM
Jackie Chan can beat up Mike Tyson, and I can beat up Jackie Chan. Ergo, I can beat up Mike Tyson...so there.:D

dimmakseminar
03-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Dear Beloved Readers:

Anyone that thinks that, at 17 years of age, they can beat Mike Tyson clearly does not have a grip on the reality of the speed and power that is brought forth by boxing combatants. There are very very few people in this world, boxers, martial artists or otherwise, that could beat Mike Tyson. To do so may require extraordinary techniques like the Cinnabar Palm or an ancient technique that is just resurfacing publicly; the phoenix fire-eye technique, whereby the practitioner can actually shoot fireballs from their eyes!

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

SanSoo Student
03-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Royce could choke him out!

Vash
03-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by dimmakseminar
Dear Beloved Readers:

Anyone that thinks that, at 17 years of age, they can beat Mike Tyson clearly does not have a grip on the reality of the speed and power that is brought forth by boxing combatants. There are very very few people in this world, boxers, martial artists or otherwise, that could beat Mike Tyson. To do so may require extraordinary techniques like the Cinnabar Palm or an ancient technique that is just resurfacing publicly; the phoenix fire-eye technique, whereby the practitioner can actually shoot fireballs from their eyes!

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

Apt statements, but you seem off your game.

dimmakseminar
03-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Dear Mr. Vash:

If I have not been myself lately, it is solely due to the power of the Wushu Girl!

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

Vash
03-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Ah, I understand completely. Both my congratulations and condolences.

peace.

Ironwind
03-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by dimmakseminar
Dear Beloved Readers:

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar
A boxer like any other fighter can be good or bad. I'm not saying Tyson is bad but, he did lose to Lenox Lewis and Couldn't finish the fight with Holyfield. Now a Boxer I would be worried about is Roy Jones Jr.
He once knocked a dude out with a stomach blow in the first round. That also could have been result of lousy training on the losers side but I doubt it.
Mike is just to slow and he does'nt box as much as he street brawls. Even then his technique is only OK. If Seven Star went against Tyson who would win. Boxer vs. Karate Practitioner is nothe fight thats happening it is the minds that battle with the bodies as weapons. If Mike over swings like he tends to do sometimes and 7* avoids him then while moving aside or ducking he can dliver a vital blow somewhere on tysons body. Also imagine Lily Loa vs. Mike Tyson. I think Lily would win because of her technique, and system of fighting in addition to her footwork.
Tyson is a human like any other human. If he swings a punch his own force can be used against him. The only way Tyson would be unbeatable is if he never faught otherwise thier is a chance that Tyson could lose to his opponent, age 17 or 70.