PDA

View Full Version : I need your help.

KWUsCRD
01-24-2004, 08:30 AM
I'll keep this pretty short.

I've been interested in Northern Praying Mantis for awhile now.

Yet, I can't find any schools in Connecticut. I'm basically looking for the help of anyone who knows a good website or something of that nature to start looking from.

I've been trying on my own to no avail, thanks in advance.

mantis108
01-24-2004, 11:22 AM
I am not a 100% sure but I think Ilya Profatilov is somewhere arround there. He teaches Taiji and Liuhe Praying Mantis styles. I don't have his website address on hand. May be others here can help. Good Luck in your search.

Mantis108

KWUsCRD
01-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Thank you.

KWUsCRD
01-25-2004, 09:37 AM
I am now in contact with him. Your help is very appreceated.

As for anyone else with information regarding this, don't be shy, your input would also be appreceated.

mantis108, it's very probable that he is going to want to know who pointed me in his direction, is there anything you would like me to tell him? Are you a friend, former student? Or just someone who knew he is in the area and can help me?

mantis108
01-25-2004, 01:30 PM
My name is Robert Hui and I am in Canada. Please feel free to give him my name. He knows who I am. We have not met in person but I have good emails exchanges with him from time to time. He's quite a busy person. There will soon be a seminar in Feb by him in New Mexico (?). Details of it is on my forum.

His lineage is from Liang XueXiang - Jiang Hualong - Song Zide - Wang Yushan - Wang Yuanqian

Mine is from Liang XueXiang - Sun YuanChang - Ren Fengrui/Chi ShouChun - Chiu Chuk Kai

Although we have different opinions and approaches on various issues, I respect him a lot as a high calibur TJPM stylist and one of the most knowledgeable Mantis teachers. I would encourage anyone who are interested in Mantis Kung Fu to sought him out.

If you are in contact with him, please send my personal regards to him. Thank you.

Regards

Robert (Mantis108)

KWUsCRD
01-25-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by mantis108
If you are in contact with him, please send my personal regards to him. Thank you.

I can and will do.

yu shan
01-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Shifu Hui

Thank you for the heads-up on this seminar by Shifu Profatilov. Went to your site and retrieved the info I needed. I`m looking forward to meeting and training with this man.

KWU

Have you been to Shifu Profatilov`s web-site? Given the oppurtunity to train with him, take advantage of this.

KWUsCRD
01-26-2004, 02:37 PM
I have been there I think (prayingmantisboxing.com) but I don't see anything on this opportunity?

mantis108
01-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Hi Yushan,

You are most welcome. Glad you will be able to go to the seminar. Looking forward for your report of it.

Hi KWUsCRD,

Thank you for the update on your contact with Sifu Profatilov. Also thank you for saying hi to him for me. I hope you will be able to start Mantis training soon.

Warm regards

Mantis108

KWUsCRD
01-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by mantis108

Hi KWUsCRD,

Thank you for the update on your contact with Sifu Profatilov. Also thank you for saying hi to him for me. I hope you will be able to start Mantis training soon.

Warm regards

Mantis108

I can't wait to start. We will see what happens.

After a few more e-mails he has asked me when I would like to start! Granted this isn't solid, and everything is not worked out, but he seems willing to help me.

Your very welcome! My sending regards back and forth is a small favor as opposed to what you have done! If you need anything feel free to ask me.

I owe you like... 12.