PDA

View Full Version : Wrist cracking?

redtornado
01-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Red Tornado Wrist cracking when doing movments
Hello, Brothers and sisters!!
I have started training and some times my wrirst crack? Is this gonna go away with time?
And should I aviod the cracking?
Well if there is anyone who has had the same ex.
tell me!!!!!!!Jeff a.k.a Red Tornado

IronFist
01-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Sometimes when I tilt my wrist up, like at the end of a WC punch, it cracks. I don't think it's anything to worry about, as long as it doesn't hurt or anything.

Welcome to the forums.

S.Teebas
01-24-2004, 11:52 AM
...some times my wrirst crack? Is this gonna go away with time?
And should I aviod the cracking?...

If you do the same thing...you'll get the same result. If you do it differently you'll get another result.

Experiment with doing it hard and tence...and then doing it smooth and softly. See for yourself which one feels better to you.

I'd avoid the cracking if possible.

duende
01-24-2004, 12:49 PM
I had an elbow cracking/popping situation a while back, an I went to see a doctor about it. She told me it was just gas and fluids reacting in my joints, and not to worry about it.

Well, needless to say it eventually started to cause a pain/sensitivity in my elbow over time. Just merely bumping it caused some irritating pain.

My solution, was to go back and SLOWLY retrain my elbow while being extremely dilligent on structure. Don't rush yourself on building up speed or power. Take it slow, and in the long run you'll be healthier.

Of course their our times in training where you obviously need speed and power, but when you can, like during SNT.... try to take it easy.

Alex

IronFist
01-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Does it crack all the time or just sometimes? Mine cracks like maybe once a day, not every time I move it or punch.

anerlich
01-24-2004, 07:19 PM
My chiropractor told me the same thing as Duende said.

It usually isn't a big deal, though occasionally it can indicate a predisposition to arthritis in the particular joint due to mechnical misalignment.

Mobility (not flexibility) drills, such as rotations, will smooth the joint surfaces and reduce the rough spots in the movement.

If you're concerned, ask a health professional.

My lower back cracks occasionally, but it's a lot healthier now at age 49 than it was in my 20's, according to a number of chiropractors and physiotherapists.

redtornado
01-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks alot for the reply's everybody!!!!!
Well I have faint in all of you's and the reply's were great! My wrist cracks only if it's not streched out.. Now that I have good feed back Iam
feelling good.. I like the advice of moving slow
and fast to see where the crack takes place but
I'm working the wrist for az strong Brigde that
is what i'll be working on next!!
Thanks Everone Jeffrey

foolinthedeck
01-26-2004, 03:34 PM
i dont have a single joint in my body that doesnt crack, in which regard i am very reindeer like.
dont know why
?

KWUsCRD
01-26-2004, 04:42 PM
You might want to check this link out redtornado or anyone else unsure of what is actually going on when you crack anything.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question437.htm

Brithlor
01-29-2004, 12:54 AM
My left wrist "cracks" *every time* I do a heun sao... Is that bad? :-o

It's not anything too major or loud... but when my hand goes into the "fok sao-like position" (going clockwise) and is about to move into the "Wu sao" 12 o'clock position it kind of clicks at 9 o'clock position.

Is that normal..? I broke left arm a long while ago, and I was thinking that might have an effect... I broke my pinky's meta carpel in a kung fu related injury and it pops much more than my other pinky.

Is CONSTANT popping something to be worried about? It doesn't cause any pain whatsoever, it just clicks, and kind of moves it into another position, much like two gears... if you know what I mean.