PDA

View Full Version : Would you fight this dude full contact 5 minutes for a million dollars

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 01:54 AM
http://www.shaolin.nl/tumb/shaolinnl0146.jpg

Also one of my life goals to fight a warrior monk for 5 minutes full contact and survive.

It wont happen today though.:(

blooming lotus
01-26-2004, 02:05 AM
hmmmm...can I get a profile??

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 02:11 AM
Just some monk, I don't know who he is.
But considering he goes through the same trainind as Dengfeng and other Shaolin Monks do you think you could stand a fight with a Shaolin Monk.

SanSoo Student
01-26-2004, 02:23 AM
Wonder what would happen if you got him to the ground...:confused:

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 02:29 AM
I'd be overjoyed and while I'm smiling so hard my eyes are closed I'd catch a Shaolin wake-up call.
And my children would never exist.
I'd go from this :D to this :eek:
You feel what I'm saying

Mr Punch
01-26-2004, 03:37 AM
Are you kidding?!

Providing it followed the following rules:

tap out loses the macth (and stops the punishment)
and
KO ditto

and I had six months to get in shape,

I would fight ANYONE for five minutes for a million dollars.

Mr Punch
01-26-2004, 03:39 AM
No wait, that's a million quid.

A million dollars would get you ALMOST ANYONE!

:D

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Mat
Are you kidding?!
tap out loses the macth (and stops the punishment)
and
KO ditto

LoL the punishment'll last for Six months after the match too:D

Mr Punch
01-26-2004, 03:53 AM
Man (if it is so!), you watch too many movies. There's no way I'd hit him that hard...!!! :D

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 04:04 AM
No, the monk hit you
and I'm not the fanatic type (yet)

Internal Boxer
01-26-2004, 06:06 AM
Ahh shaolin fantasies, where's David Carradine when you need him. :D

Losttrak
01-26-2004, 06:30 AM
There arent many people I wouldnt fight for 10k... much less a million dollars. The attacker must have victory... the defender needs only survive right? As long as I dont HAVE to win... why the heck not. =D Evasion and defense isnt too hard if you understand timing and distance.

Pork Chop
01-26-2004, 08:04 AM
any time
any day
any where
where do i sign up?

and I might even get some money out of it?

David Jamieson
01-26-2004, 02:07 PM
me too, heck i'd fight anyone for that kind of dough!

I'm right in line behind b'more!!!

Man, even if he does kmtfo, it's worth the million bucks! :D

cheers

IronFist
01-26-2004, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't fight him if he got to use that staff he's holding in the pic!

Meat Shake
01-26-2004, 02:15 PM
****, 5 minutes for a million bucks?
Id even let him use his staff.

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 02:19 PM
lol
Meat Shake you must need a job..... badly.

Meat Shake
01-26-2004, 02:20 PM
lol...
Im at work right now, my young padawan.

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
I wouldn't fight him if he got to use that staff he's holding in the pic!

I wouldn't fight him if he had knubs up to his shoulders

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Meat Shake
lol...
Im at work right now, my young padawan.

Taking a near death experience like that must mean thier not paying much. :D

Meat Shake
01-26-2004, 02:28 PM
they're paying me just fine. It wouldnt be near death. If he has a staff, you're **** right Id throw a rock at the ******* and then run up on him to choke him out.

Or maybe he would chi blast my rock before it got there. :rolleyes:

Judge Pen
01-26-2004, 02:29 PM
What if you had to last 5 minutes? No tap outs and no knock outs. Would you do it?

Hell anyone can take a dive for 1 million!

Meat Shake
01-26-2004, 02:31 PM
No tap outs or ko's for 5 minutes?
So you have to slap tag for 5 minutes?
Sure.
Can I gouge his eyes out?

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Last 5 minutes! I would too!

MasterKiller
01-26-2004, 02:33 PM
I figure I have about 30 or 40 lbs on that guy. I'd fight him for a million. Heck, I'd fight him for $100,000. Heck, I'd fight him for $50,000.

Meat Shake
01-26-2004, 02:34 PM
You cheap hussy. We said 1 million.

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 02:36 PM
they're paying me just fine. It wouldnt be near death. If he has a staff, you're **** right Id throw a rock at the ******* and then run up on him to choke him out.

Or maybe he would chi blast my rock before it got there. :rolleyes:
LOL

No he could just move, or smack it with the staff like a baseball bat and home run it down your throat.

rubthebuddha
01-26-2004, 02:38 PM
silly. i'd easily fight him for a million, IF he had taken the vows. if so, then he'd be obliged to hurt but not maim, etc.

since i wouldn't be a tremendous threat to him, i think it'd be ok.

and if he hadn't taken the vows, then i'd quote the tick the entire fight: "not in the face, not in the face!"

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 02:39 PM
You cheap hussy. We said 1 million.

I'm sorry Meat Shake Masterkiller is the one who needs a job.:D
Really Bad.:D

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
silly. i'd easily fight him for a million, IF he had taken the vows. if so, then he'd be obliged to hurt but not maim, etc.

since i wouldn't be a tremendous threat to him, i think it'd be ok.

and if he hadn't taken the vows, then i'd quote the tick the entire fight: "not in the face, not in the face!"

I'm suprised noone asked what was in it for the monk.

He gets to own never-never land Ranch has his own temple grounds.

And he's determined to knock you out.

:cool:

MasterKiller
01-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Ironwind

I'm sorry Meat Shake Masterkiller is the one who needs a job.:D
Really Bad.:D Wrong answer, but thanks for playing.

I like my chances against someone probably 6-in shorter than me and 40-lbs lighter, especially when the incentive to win is multiplied by 50,000.

Ironwind
01-26-2004, 03:48 PM
masterkiller Have you ever heard the saying " size can be a hederance"

kenso
01-26-2004, 04:46 PM
I've heard that saying. It's usually uttered by little people who've never had to fight someone significantly larger than them.

shaolin kungfu
01-26-2004, 05:28 PM
yeah, i'd fight him. Like masterkiller said, he's much smaller and lighter. Unless he can throw lighting bolts out of his bum, I'm not that scared. Hell, i'd fight him for 2,000.

blooming lotus
01-26-2004, 06:01 PM
NOW THAT'S JUST SAD....:rolleyes:

Mr Punch
01-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Just remember kids, I got first dibs...! It's all very well for you to be queueing up after me and saying you'd do it but don't forget you'd have to be paying me some of your dwindling winnings to fight my biatch!

As far as large people having a 'hederance' if I knew what a 'hederance' was I'd prob be quite scared... it's bad right, kinda like having an extra small *****? Does the size of your 'hederance' compound things, make them worse?! :confused: ;)

Anyway, LOL at kenso. It's like, you know when a guy says 'Size doesn't matter' he isn't packing a Cumberland. (http://www.borderbutcher.co.uk/resources/cumberbanger.html)

And yeah, I'd risk a five minute no KO or tapout against most peope for a mill. I'm not as cheap as MK tho, 5K wouldn't get me against Rampage/Wanderlei. It's all irrelevant anyway,

Royce would just poke him in the eye! :D

IronFist
01-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah but he might be some internal master.

What if you're grappling with him and about to choke him out and he puts his iron-cinnabar-fire-death-poison-cotton palm on your side and melts your organs? :D

shaolin kungfu
01-26-2004, 06:07 PM
NOW THAT'S JUST SAD....

Why?

shaolin kungfu
01-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Just remember kids, I got first dibs...! It's all very well for you to be queueing up after me and saying you'd do it but don't forget you'd have to be paying me some of your dwindling winnings to fight my biatch!

I thought this was going to the lowest bidder **** it!:mad:

blooming lotus
01-26-2004, 06:19 PM
If that's the case...I'm goin pro-bono...

even the experts deserve a freebie......

Ps...I accept no responsiblitly or liabilty for the interpretation of this post....

SevenStar
01-26-2004, 08:38 PM
it would only be fair if I was blindfolded...

SevenStar
01-26-2004, 08:41 PM

for the sake of discussion, why do you think so?

Pork Chop
01-26-2004, 09:29 PM
*nudging sevenstar*
"I predict a first round, skull f*cking with the left leg"

I got a feeling this guy would make a normal fighter look like a Pride-level pro.

norther practitioner
01-26-2004, 09:55 PM
I'd do it for about $100

I think his athletisism would carry him for a bit, but someone 7* size would be interesting...

lol

this is kind of funny.

MasterKiller
01-27-2004, 07:30 AM
Sheesh, I offer a respectable 50 K, and then you wh@res lower the price down to $100. Man, you guys need some self-respect. That's a Republican economy for ya.

masterkiller Have you ever heard the saying " size can be a hederance" Last time I heard someone say that, they had two big friends standing behind them just in case they were wrong.

red5angel
01-27-2004, 08:55 AM
Wonder what would happen if you got him to the ground...

LOL! Uh oh someone has figured out the secret to defeating kungfu guys and especially monks, just push tem over!

MasterKiller
01-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Now, this guy I would have second thoughts about:

http://www.shifuyanlei.com/

Check out his pics. That boy's got some muscle.

scotty1
01-27-2004, 10:56 AM
For a million I would go full contact with anyone for 5 minutes.

Ironwind
01-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar

for the sake of discussion, why do you think so?

For who said that smaller whimpish poeple say that size is a henderance I'm 6'2".
Someone who is larger or more massive has more to carry around than the monk.
And MK all warrior monks go through pretty much the same training and he was fully robed ( my monk pic ). He could've been cut like the lawnmower man for all we know.

But Seven Star, the reason I brought that up is that a smaller opponent could be faster than you. He doesn't nessacarily have to be stronger than you.
He might have footwork so light that he could walk on rice paper bridges. If you can't hit him the strikes you throw are worthless.

Also sorry I've been gone so long I've been so occupied with the results of your opinions I slacked up on training. So if I'm not on tommorow you know what I'm doing.

blooming lotus
01-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller

Now that's some roundhouse power....

finally some competition :p

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 10:45 AM
You know now that you thikn about it with the right conditions i'd take that near death experience and then use part of the million to fix the parts of my body they broke.

Meat Shake
01-28-2004, 11:31 AM

Bout 2 more months till Im shaped about like that...
But Im 6'.

MasterKiller
01-28-2004, 11:32 AM
And MK all warrior monks go through pretty much the same training and he was fully robed ( my monk pic ). He could've been cut like the lawnmower man for all we know. Being cut and being strong rarely coincide. The guy I posted has bulk. Yours looked skinny, but yes, he is concealed. Of course, your guy could also be sporting a prehesile tail under there, but I'm just working with what we see.

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 11:35 AM

Bout 2 more months till Im shaped about like that...
But Im 6'.

Well he'd eat you ribs out.
Scince he's closer to them anyway.
Endurance:eek: until he kicks down under.:eek:

Meat Shake
01-28-2004, 11:35 AM
F=M(A)
Force = Mass x Acceleration

150 LB dude, well say his fist moves at 200 MPH.

200 LB dude, well say his fist also moves at 200 MPH.

The velocity for the 150 LB dude = 30,000 PSI.
Velocity for the 200 LB dude = 40,000 PSI.

Means that assuming both men have the same punching technique, the 150 man must move at a speed 25% faster than the 200 LB man to cause the same amount of damage.

This is purely hypothetical and fairly unrealistic however.

Meat Shake
01-28-2004, 11:38 AM

Well he'd eat you ribs out.
Scince he's closer to them anyway.
Endurance:eek: until he kicks down under.:eek:

Endurance? I train 20-25 hours a week. If you had been here previously you would have noticed that my post count has dropped dramatically recently.

Shaolin Monks arent magic. They are regular people. ****, as some people have already stated, half of it is just marketing anyways.

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 11:39 AM
How hard you hit doesn't matter if you cant hit him
duh!:rolleyes:

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 11:42 AM

Endurance? I train 20-25 hours a week. If you had been here previously you would have noticed that my post count has dropped dramatically recently.

Shaolin Monks arent magic. They are regular people. ****, as some people have already stated, half of it is just marketing anyways.

Wasn't stating that you did'nt have any.
I was stating that being kick in the nuts hurt.
Unless you do that Iron crotch thing.

Meat Shake
01-28-2004, 11:43 AM
A kick to the nuts is seldom enough to stop a fight. When the adrenaline is pumping, itll hurt, but its not that hard to keep going.

CaptinPickAxe
01-28-2004, 11:52 AM
I love when rooks argue with vets...

Most of the Shaolin Monk thing is just a marketing ploy. I'm sure there are some hard-ass monks out there, but most of what you'll find is a bunch of guys trying to get their claws in the cash cow that is the Shaolin Temple. Besides, you don't know shake or this Shaolin cat. Its all 'ifs' and 'buts' and if they were candy and nuts I'd be a happy boy.

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 12:03 PM
True to both, truley I didn't think the thred would last so long.
And after all the replies, Now I want to fight a monk.

You see I'm young and could very well posibly be affected by the marketing ploy of the Shaolin industry.

And may God bless the MA industry with sincerity and destroy all this greed and deceit.

MasterKiller
01-28-2004, 12:04 PM

Endurance? I train 20-25 hours a week. If you had been here previously you would have noticed that my post count has dropped dramatically recently. I figured your boss cracked down on your internet access. :D

And may God bless the MA industry with sincerity and destroy all this greed and deceit.Yeah, Jesus really wants us to learn to kill each other in peace and harmony.
:rolleyes:

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Jesus really wants us to learn to kill each other in peace and harmony.

LOL

You should be lawyer.

You don't have to naessacarily kill the person,but if you did at least peacefully killing is better than out of hate or envy.

That was funny MK.

blooming lotus
01-28-2004, 08:23 PM
F=M(A)
Force = Mass x Acceleration

150 LB dude, well say his fist moves at 200 MPH.

200 LB dude, well say his fist also moves at 200 MPH.

The velocity for the 150 LB dude = 30,000 PSI.
Velocity for the 200 LB dude = 40,000 PSI.

Means that assuming both men have the same punching technique, the 150 man must move at a speed 25% faster than the 200 LB man to cause the same amount of damage.

This is purely hypothetical and fairly unrealistic however.

Did you guys hear that the've developed a new fabric, currently only available for soccer shirts that record the speed and presumeably thereforethe velocity of limb movements? That could set a whole new standard for profiling.....They're not available until 05 I think...but I'll take 2 :cool:

Ps...you guys are for real right? on the whole (legit ) monk fighting and your own competiveness? We all realise thedudes work out like 12 hrs a day every day for up to 20 yrs and more...I've seen posts of weekly/daily training regimes and admit it ...most of you are lucky or seriously hard core if you can clock up 5 ;) ;) sure you'd last your 5 mins...but I'm always up for entertainment so buzz me before itr goes down..I'll even cheersquad :p

SevenStar
01-28-2004, 09:37 PM

But Seven Star, the reason I brought that up is that a smaller opponent could be faster than you. He doesn't nessacarily have to be stronger than you.
He might have footwork so light that he could walk on rice paper bridges. If you can't hit him the strikes you throw are worthless.

he very well could be. He's not fast enough that he will never get hit though, and he will tire himself out. Besides, chances are that he's not so fast that it will be that much more difficult to hit him. Strategy and timing would help make up for any slight speed deficit.

SevenStar
01-28-2004, 09:38 PM

Wasn't stating that you did'nt have any.
I was stating that being kick in the nuts hurt.
Unless you do that Iron crotch thing.

can't always rely on those. Adrenaline is a powerful thing...

Ironwind
01-28-2004, 10:19 PM

he very well could be. He's not fast enough that he will never get hit though, and he will tire himself out. Besides, chances are that he's not so fast that it will be that much more difficult to hit him. Strategy and timing would help make up for any slight speed deficit.

can't always rely on those. Adrenaline is a powerful thing...

True to both. Now, I'm stomped.
I really thinkI'd be able to last 5 minutes and stay on my feet while I was doing it.
You know now that you mention it wont the wide stances of Shaolin slow himdown anyway.

And being kicked in the nuts ctill hurts....afterwards.
I walk the streets with a cup on ( no lie ).
intresting story behind that maybe in another thread.

Just gotta watch out for his shorty shortness now.

Still waiting to see how a big guy replies to his hieght.

Come on everyone I know you were thinking about the almight hieght factor. you can never forget that one come on.

blooming lotus
01-29-2004, 01:54 AM
you all realise there are what 3-400 styles in shaolin ( which fyi is a generic term for "college" )...and how do you claim strategy and timing as YOUR advantage when the dude is training from pre sunrise through the day and into the night????

Gotta love a confident player :p

Musicalkatachmp
01-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Full contact fight: yes
Wushu comp: maybe

He's sitting on a rock with a staff while dressed like a monk, have we seen him DO anything? Granted his attire suggests that he is involved in the martial arts/wushu...still I'd be more anxious to fight him than some dude sitting on the rock in a pair of boxing gloves...

Musicalkatachmp
01-29-2004, 09:52 AM
About going with ANYONE for five minutes...if he knocks me out in thirty seconds, do I still get the money? Or do they lock us in a cage for five minutes and he can keep hitting me after I'm unconcious? If so, I wouldn't fight Tyson even for a billion bucks....I don't think I could come out of that alive...the money would be useless to me once I was dead. Do you realize this

MasterKiller
01-29-2004, 09:55 AM

can't always rely on those. Adrenaline is a powerful thing... Nope, but I've also been dropped by a nut shot. You can't discount it, either.

dezhen2001
01-29-2004, 12:02 PM
gotta love this place, still the same even though ive been away for months :D

dawood

blooming lotus
01-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Nope, but I've also been dropped by a nut shot. You can't discount it, either.

and dont foget iron toe...thats GOTTA hurt .....;) :D

Ironwind
01-29-2004, 11:02 PM
The monk fights you with three different styles.
Wah lum, shan Tung Black tiger, and Tai Chi Mantis boxing.

And blooming Lotus 7* is right and timing your opponent no matter how difficult it may seem will work unless he is concious that you are counting his step. It is important in every fight to know the tempo. It's like singing off key when you don't have the count it's ugly and displeaseant for the one not counting.
And i'd fight Mike tyson, he's a street fighter not a boxer. Did you forget he's a wwf knock-off. He knows how to throw the punch but after that then what. I'd fight Mike in a cage for five minutes full contact, for the publicitity I wouldn't need the money it would come to me.

And also, Mike Tyson sucks.
I lost a bet to my father over the Lennox vs. Tyson fight.
All through the fight I was screaming " RIBS, RIBS, FACE, FACE, RIBS" HE SWUNG IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES.
He has the talent he just needs to get the knowledge his weakness was not knowing when to strike where.

Toby
01-30-2004, 12:18 AM

Ironwind, tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. That last post sucked. IMHO there are not many people in the world that could last long with a top heavyweight boxer (which I would classify Mike Tyson as). Are you one of them?

Ironwind
01-30-2004, 01:00 AM
Woud'nt know, haven't been proven to be one. But again I say if he doesn't hit you can he harm you.
And dodging punches for five minutes, it' snot as hard as you think it is. And alot of boxers have definate rhythms.
i've studied on the fighting style for a year, now (only one gym though).
Titles are often very over-rated.
If I know I can beat the hell out of "shortwind"Tyson i know I can.
If I can get his mind off of his strategy he'll suffer from a knee strike somewhere in his gut. Maybe even worse. I have been a fan of his scince I started watching boxing. He's slow. I can honestly say I have the ability to hurt mike tyson. A bruise here and a shiner there it can be done. It's not like he's superman.
Mike has slowwed down and is provoked easily, when I saw the Lennox fight I was upset that he was in such bad shape after that fight. If he had swung when he was supposed too he would've won in the 4th round.

Toby
01-30-2004, 01:23 AM
Oh, man :(. OK, so Tyson's an easy conquest for you. How about Bob Sapp? He's easily winded, he's slow, poor technique, etc. But he's a scary mother****er. Mike Tyson? Also a scary mother****er. If they're easy conquests for you, then why aren't you dominating K1? Pride? UFC?

FatherDog
01-30-2004, 09:52 AM
If I know I can beat the hell out of "shortwind"Tyson i know I can.
If I can get his mind off of his strategy he'll suffer from a knee strike somewhere in his gut. Maybe even worse. I have been a fan of his scince I started watching boxing. He's slow. I can honestly say I have the ability to hurt mike tyson.

Chang Style Novice
01-30-2004, 11:32 AM
I could beat Mike Tyson easy!

If he was handcuffed and I had a bat.

Hell, with those terms, I bet I could do Iron Mike and Rickson both at once.

Ironwind
01-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Toby
Oh, man :(. OK, so Tyson's an easy conquest for you. How about Bob Sapp? He's easily winded, he's slow, poor technique, etc. But he's a scary mother****er. Mike Tyson? Also a scary mother****er. If they're easy conquests for you, then why aren't you dominating K1? Pride? UFC?
Age, Dreams, (promised not to), and it goes (once again) against my code. All bouts I've had were in a private place (mind you bouts are organized fights no those that just happen by sucky luck). I respect and honor my code fully and the promise of gold or glory won't fufill me as much as personal acheivement and it's not my wish to join a fighting federation.
And fatherdog don't mistake my skills for yours.
Thanx:D :rolleyes:

shaolin kungfu
01-30-2004, 12:13 PM
LOL at Ironwind.:D

MasterKiller
01-30-2004, 12:18 PM
And fatherdog don't mistake my skills for yours.
Thanx:D :rolleyes: I know you're young, but let me give you a piece of advice. Most people here take their training pretty seriously, and dissing someone with FD's background isn't wise. Sooner or later, someone might call you on that holier-than-thou attitude.

This ain't the GameFaqs board, afterall. People here generally know what they are talking about. So far, you don't seem to be one of those people.

Ironwind
01-30-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
LOL at Ironwind.:D

LOL.....back at you.
I'm real with mines.
Well I've got to go training calls.

Meat Shake
01-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Masterkiller has forked the correct in the eye and is now proceeding to pour gasoline into the wound.

Chang Style Novice
01-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Ah, FDs a nice enough guy. I don't see any serious, or at least permanent harm coming from talking smack to him.

On the other hand, I live in Texas, which is a lot further from Jersey than Connecticut is.

Ironwind
01-30-2004, 12:32 PM

LOL.....back at you.
I'm real with mines.
Well I've got to go training calls.

Well sorry if I've offended anyone I dont want to start trouble over an overestimation of the human body, by attachment of a name and rep to that body. I see that I was wrong for sayingit the way i did I'm just saying I have complete confidence in my techniques and skills.
MK I'm sorry i come off as one of those poeple you natrally oppose because I seem to be a wise azz. But really I need to get to my training I start in 30 min. and I'm not letting you all distract me. (no harm ment).
Well goodafternoon and see you all when i see you

Ironwind
01-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Masterkiller has forked the correct in the eye and is now proceeding to pour gasoline into the wound.

Here's the lighter.
poof
Now I'm realy hot. Instagator.
arent you supposed to be quietly working in your cubicle.

:cool:

Meat Shake
01-30-2004, 12:35 PM
:o

FatherDog
01-30-2004, 12:49 PM
and dissing someone with FD's background isn't wise.

Wow, thanks for the props, MK. I'm in the gym six days a week, though - I don't have time to drive all over creation so I can "teach a lesson" to random internet tough guys, so smack-talking me is a pretty safe activity. :D

MasterKiller
01-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by FatherDog
I don't have time to drive all over creation so I can "teach a lesson" to random internet tough guys, so smack-talking me is a pretty safe activity. :D Punk. ;)

Chang Style Novice
01-30-2004, 12:57 PM
In that case, I'd whip Fatherdawg's ass, too, if he was handcuffed and I had a bat!

FatherDog
01-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Punk. ;)

You have insulted me and the Shaolin temple! :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-30-2004, 04:02 PM
ironwind ...
He might have footwork so light that he could walk on rice paper bridges.

i was looking for concrete proof that ironwind was just a really bad joke and there it is.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-30-2004, 04:03 PM
.... im sure there's more, but my head hurt reading the thread.

Chang Style Novice
01-30-2004, 05:08 PM
I propose that all future mma events be held on rice-paper suspension bridges. That will discourage going to the ground and thus create a better simulation of a "real life" unarmed combat situation. After all, on the street, you never know if the floor is going to be littered with broken glass and filthy syringes, if the guy you're fighting has a bunch of buddies waiting to jump in, or if instead of asphalt or concrete you're on a rice paper bridge.

blooming lotus
01-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity

i was looking for concrete proof that ironwind was just a really bad joke and there it is.

I don't like the guy ...but I'll agree with him how is that balance and weight distiribution not possible? ....but to equate or compare Tyson and a shaolin Monk is just freakin rediculous...:rolleyes:

MasterKiller
01-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by FatherDog

You have insulted me and the Shaolin temple! :mad: :mad: :mad:;) ****, I forgot to insult your family, too. :mad:

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-30-2004, 08:12 PM
how is that balance and weight distiribution not possible?

balance and weight distribution is ... walking across a rice paper bridge is not.

i havent read the entire thread so if by walking on rice paper you mean that they can step on it without it crumbling then sure ... i could buy that. i'd really rather see it but i wont call it impossible.

but if you mean to navagate a bridge constructed of rice paper on foot i'd have to say that you may very well be a future winner of the darwin awards.

Toby
01-31-2004, 07:51 AM
Lol! This thread's hilarious! I gotta admit, Ironwind, you trolled me good :o. Scared of some unknown dude in a costume but not of Tyson? :rolleyes: You've got a lot of growing up to do, boy.

Dim Wit Mak
02-01-2004, 07:48 AM
I'd fight anyone for five minutes for a million bucks, providing tap outs or white towels where allowed.

FatherDog
02-01-2004, 10:04 AM
****, I forgot to insult your family, too. :mad:

Yo momma so cross-eyed, her tears roll down her back.

blooming lotus
02-01-2004, 04:02 PM
RFLAO...

For the record...I 'll take tyson over the monk ...bigger, uglier and angrier they are....

Chang Style Novice
02-01-2004, 08:48 PM
So you're plan is to provoke Tyson until he's absolutely furious in the hopes that he'll make a mistake you can take advantage of?

Where shall I send the flowers?

blooming lotus
02-02-2004, 04:56 PM
I dont know...I think he uses which ever private hospital is closest :D

rubthebuddha
02-02-2004, 05:34 PM
CSN -- for the record, i've spotted BL down at wade's guns and chewin tobacky on 4th ave, walking in empty handed and walking out with both arms weighed down heavily with bags o' stuff, and it wasn't tobacky.

also for the record, tyson has occasionally visited hospitals for injuries sustained in non-ring fights: getting his hand looked at after he broke the thing while cuisinarting some poor sap's head.

FatherDog
02-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Also for the record, Ironwind's profile states that he learned his martial arts skills "in basements, in the woods, and other private areas taught only if i concealed my skills ", and blooming lotus has claimed that she is an ex-model with a certified genius IQ who could easily qualify for the Olympics but "competition isn't my thing." So the fact that they're both claiming they can take out Tyson doesn't come as much of a surprise, really.

Chang Style Novice
02-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Also for the record, I do know the possessive "your" from the contraction "you're." I also know a preposition is a lousy thing to end a sentence with. ;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-03-2004, 04:58 PM
also for the record i have a tiny talleywhacker.

rubthebuddha
02-03-2004, 05:14 PM
I also know a preposition is a lousy thing to end a sentence with. i have contacted the associated press division of thuggish responses for bad grammar, and they have dispatched joey and mario. expect to lose your kneecaps by tomorrow noon. they may be late in arriving, but they have been stuck deciphering kc's most recent posts for the last two months.

Chang Style Novice
02-03-2004, 08:49 PM
More helpful hints for a clear, correct writing style:

Never use a long word when a diminuitive one will do.

The passive voice is to be avoided.

You wouldn't want to ask rhetorical questions, would you?

blooming lotus
02-04-2004, 06:10 PM
now we're just dribbling, so whatwedecided was that the monk is competitive right...well ok then....glad we're straight ;)

Xebsball
02-13-2004, 05:49 PM
shaolin monks cant fight

blooming lotus
02-14-2004, 01:49 AM
you're right...it was all rumours...for the last 1500 yrs they've all been sitting around drinking tea :rolleyes:

Xebsball
02-14-2004, 09:41 AM
shaolin monks invented the mushroom tea

Kristoffer
02-14-2004, 11:46 AM
I'd fight anyone for mushroom tea

shaolin kungfu
02-14-2004, 12:13 PM
you're right...it was all rumours...for the last 1500 yrs they've all been sitting around drinking tea

pretty much, yeah.

Kristoffer
02-14-2004, 02:05 PM
don't steal the lines you.. y..you, you line stealer

Tiger_Yin
02-14-2004, 02:13 PM
1500years? havent they actualy done **** till like 1600s? wich would only make it 400 :| but hey whatever :D

blooming lotus
02-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
I'd fight anyone for mushroom tea

Now you know the REAL reason the monks went into hiding ;) :D :p

blooming lotus
02-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Tiger_Yin
1500years? havent they actualy done **** till like 1600s? wich would only make it 400 :| but hey whatever :D

:confused: the shaolin temple was established 1500yrs ago...but thnx for your comment :rolleyes:

Tiger_Yin
02-14-2004, 02:35 PM
i didnt mean when it was established.. i meant werent they like actualy active till those times? like actualy fought and what not

like some Ryuha in japan were used till the late 1700's even if the nihonto was made way before.. :rolleyes: understand now ? ;)

blooming lotus
02-14-2004, 02:52 PM
ah no....and you heard xesa....it was all rumour...shoalin monks cant fight right and we know all the Xes is onto it :rolleyes:

Tiger_Yin
02-14-2004, 03:11 PM
xebby rocks but everytime i talk to him hes drunk of fantasising on some girl he met :D
credibility 00000 :rolleyes: hehe

blooming lotus
02-14-2004, 03:16 PM
LOL...can't deny him that ;) :p