PDA

View Full Version : Dang, read about this eye injury.

IronFist
01-27-2004, 02:01 AM
I've never heard of this (http://www.defend.net/deluxeforums/showthread.php?t=8419) before. Ouch.

David Jamieson
01-27-2004, 02:12 AM
It's a hematoma in the eye itself.

Dude should see a doctor. the blackness is blood cells packing the injured area. Could lead to bigger problems later if it is not cleared.

cheers

IronFist
01-27-2004, 02:18 AM
^ He did see a doctor. He said there's nothing you can do about it. Don't forget to read the whole thread. :D

David Jamieson
01-27-2004, 02:24 AM
man, i didn't think that's what "floaters" were. LOL

nevermind....

I have that in my left eye, but it only shows up when it's bright outside.

looks like a little alien fetus all floatin around on my eyeball.

I'm thinking the black stuff is not good though, usually the floaty slidy things are translucent.

cheers

IronFist
01-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Ever look at a light and see a bunch of small transparent things floating around (maybe that's what you're talking about)? My ex gf's teacher said that you're actually seeing some cells in your eye! That's pretty cool.

Meat Shake
01-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Excessive use of barbituates or hallucingens leads to more "floaters". I get those *******s all the time.
Didnt read the thread, but a floater is a dead cell that moves across the cornia of the eye.

Becca
01-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Don't think he ment that kind of floater, Meat.;)

A doctor once told me that the number of those little translucent floaters was a sign of how heathy you are. A person in good health should only "see" 2-3 per second. Someone who's body is trying to fight off a bug will see more of a "gentle rain".

IronFist
01-28-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Becca
Don't think he ment that kind of floater, Meat.;)

A doctor once told me that the number of those little translucent floaters was a sign of how heathy you are. A person in good health should only "see" 2-3 per second. Someone who's body is trying to fight off a bug will see more of a "gentle rain".

I only see them when I'm looking at a light the right way.

Becca
01-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Yep. She told me they are dead white blood cells. They way you see them is to look into a bright area. You will see them "out of the corner of your eye." It's normal to see a few, but seeing alot meens your body is trying to fight an infection.

IronFist
01-28-2004, 09:48 PM
^ Cool :D