PDA

View Full Version : Anus Lifting

olkat314
01-25-2001, 04:38 PM
Couple of questions regarding this practice:

1) What purpose does anus lifting (or rather, Huiyin cavity) have?
2) In what cases or practices should one do it?
3) Should breathe in be a lift, and a breathe out a relax?

All information, within and beyond the scope of the above questions are appreciated.

Tak

Chris McKinley
01-26-2001, 02:31 AM
Don't you think asking this question in at least two other forums is enough?

qimaster
02-01-2001, 04:22 AM
the lifting of the hui yin point happens quite naturally. it acts as a pump to send the qi up the governor vessel.

try this experiment:

lay down. press your index and middle fingers deeply into the perineum. as you inhale it will move out, and as you exhale it will collapse
inwards. people make the mistake too often of tightly cleching their butt cheeks, and tightening their sphincter to the point where it shuts down. this cause unbelievable cramping.

instead do it with the most minute of intent, and that will suffice.

Exhale, and it retracts, inhale and it expands.

r mooney

qimaster@hotmail.com

http://www.geocities.com/sijai2000

Stranger
03-17-2001, 02:27 AM
qimaster is right. A health club where I worked had a really bad chi-kung/taichi workgroup. The instructor was urging his students to do the "anus lift" (that sounds funny) but he did not explain it properly. The result......25 ****ed off people with scorching hemorroids from lifting a little too hard! I was on the floor when I heard that from my supervisor. It wouldn't have been funny if I was one of the 25 students.

joedoe
03-19-2001, 07:02 AM
ROFLMAO. That's hilarious :D :) :D

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

icyninjabear
03-20-2001, 06:52 PM
Just a nother quick reply ....................

[This message was edited by Icy Bear on 03-21-01 at 08:58 AM.]

icyninjabear
03-20-2001, 06:52 PM
Just to add to Sifu Mooneys' point and to see if any of you guys have had similar experiences ....

I've been taught that lifting the hui yin and then breathing deeply downwards into the belly compresses the dan tien making it stronger, so that you can actually feel its presence rather than just imagine that it is there, as well as acting as a pump to send the qi up the governor vessel.

When breathing like this, in standing postures, and holding the breath at the end of the inhale one can feel/sense the dan tien rotate (this is one of the steps towards starting the microcosmic circulation going). I have had on numerous occasions the most wonderful feelings of 'something' rotating where the dan tien is supposed to be and with each rotation can feel energy travelling up my back to my head (often in quite large surges)and from the K1 point on the soles of my feet, through the bones (!!?) of my legs and up to my dan tien. It feels kind of like electricity moving very slowly punching its way through obstructions!

I had never felt these sensations so strongly before without using the hui yin cavity lift so I think it's wicked!

Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

Ma_Xu_Zha
03-20-2001, 07:35 PM
what health club was that where the guy taught that? i wonder if its this old man I know that teaches at a sport/health club.

Stranger
03-22-2001, 03:24 AM
I just moved down to VA, but the health club where this happened was in NJ. In the part of NJ that I came from, Atlantic City, there was no CMA presence at all. I'll email the name of the health club to you, if your question still applies. I have no idea what the "sifu"'s name was.

prana
07-15-2001, 05:58 AM
yup, my main obstruction right now is through the throat area. Though I can feel bits of energy in the crown, there seems a discontinuity from the neck to the crown.

Has your path cleared ?

Recognise the vivid blue lights of Lord Vairochana.
Recognise the blinding white lights of Lord Aksobhya.
Recognise the brilliant yellow lights of Lord Ratnasambhava.
Recognise the fiery red lights of Lord Amithaba.
Recognise the pure green lights of Lord Amoghasiddhi.